FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Idle Chit Chat! (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/idle-chit-chat/)
-   -   November 2015 Friendship (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/idle-chit-chat/32550-november-2015-friendship.html)

bluebird 11-06-2015 08:31 AM

I hope it is nice enough to work on my laundry room sink project. Love this for an Outdoor Sink! My tub isn't that large but it fits Gizmo nicely. Gregg wants to go visit his dad but I don't think that is going to work out this weekend.

Sueanne 11-06-2015 12:57 PM

Had a good time today checking out the Flea Market for the residents today before the one for outsiders tomorrow. Works out fine not as crowded and get to see everyone. It is only from 1- 3:30 so we don't buy everything out. I know they have more stuff to put out tomorrow for the public. Always ma age to find things I can use. Bought a farberware electric fry pan for &5.00. Never have enough room on the stove for everything especially large pans. Bought a new small coated pan too need it for scrambled eggs for $2.00. Blouses were $1.00 each bought five. Large security box water proof and fire proof for $15.00 mine was full and too tight. A six shelf wrought iron plant stand for $5.00 gift from ds. A large storage box for clothes $2.00.
Of cause I bought a flowering plant for butterflies with red flowers to pollinate my fruit and veggies that blooms all year and is perennial the name is Gaura. Also found a lot of odds and ends that are useful around the house cheap.
Will go back tomorrow since it is open longer to see what else I can use.
_________
Sueanne

fish3711 11-06-2015 01:20 PM

Sueanne sounds like you got some good deals. I like going to Estate sales. They have a lot here. You can go to Find Estate Sales and find ones near you.

I'm craving Mac & Cheese! Homemade not store bought. :)

Felicia

cau 11-08-2015 11:32 AM

Felicia I love the homemade stuff. Last time I saved bit of all different kinds of cheese & made it with that plus a small amount of blue. Turned out delish

Susanne you had quite a good haul

Connie did you get to the sink??

Went out to dinner last night to help dh & wife celebrate their anniversary, we had a wonderful time. Otherwise a nice quiet relaxing Sunday here

fish3711 11-08-2015 03:08 PM

I cleaned today. We emptied every cabinet out so we could spray for bugs. Then I went through everything, washed everything and reorganized it. I washed all my floors. It's so nice to have a super clean house again!
We also went over and sprayed my daughters house for bugs.
Ate subway for dinner.

Felicia

Sueanne 11-08-2015 04:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Felicia: Spent the day getting rid of old bills in the filing cabinet and trying to organize papers with the new security box. Now with the new tv cabinet have more room for storage. Hardest part is remembering where you move things afterwards.
Dh was really pleased with the cabinet. Took the time to polish it with lemon oil to bring out the wood designs. Did the rest of my furniture too in the room. Cut up the two big papayas that were ripe in slices and froze in individual freezer bags. They will come in handy for different desserts. Never enough time to get everything done especially when you are the cook too. I usually spread outside bug killer granules they like the mulch around the house. A good bug spray works inside too.
_________
Sueanne

fish3711 11-08-2015 05:39 PM

We use this stuff for bugs. Demon WP, Demon Insecticide - Free Shipping
We had great results with the Demon WP. It does so many kinds of bug. We use it outside too. I only use it once a year. It works that good I don't have to do it more than that.
I've wanted to clean my kitchen cabinets for a while now. Glad that is done.

Sueanne I know what you mean about polishing wood. I love the way it looks.

Tomorrow I will be back to listing ebay stuff.

Felicia

DeBora4BobbyL 11-09-2015 04:12 AM

Felicia, I added leftover roasted butternut squash to the white sauce in my mac and cheese last time I made it and the kiddos loved it.

cau 11-09-2015 07:54 AM

Felicia love the feeling of accomplishment after a deep clean like that. I need to do my cabinets too.

Sueanne you are so right on no time when you cook. Seems I finish 1 then start another

DeBora good to hear from you, hope all is going well

I had grand plans for today but was a fool & ate ice cream, even though I am lactose intolerant. I've been nauseated , burping & generally feeling like garbage since then. I do hate it when I am stupid

fish3711 11-09-2015 10:43 AM

DeBora that sounds yummy, great idea!

Today is eBay day. Listing more stuff to sell.

Looks like rain outside. I want it to rain. I just planted a lavender bush my friend gave to me. Never had one before. It was half dead when I got it and I hope to save it. Sure smells nice!

Felicia