Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 11-28-2015, 09:29 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My dressing was bland this year but my broth was 1 of my best , funny isn't it

Old 11-29-2015, 05:20 AM
Nine Year Member

Good morning ladies.
Dropping in to say hello.
I am making us our Turkey Dinner today. Turkey with all the trimmings.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 11-29-2015, 08:50 AM
Assistant Moderator

Laurie, yummy.

We are staying home. Roads are still icy. I need to go to the craft basket but that will wait. I am crafting the day away.
Old 11-29-2015, 12:49 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

We got hit by a major ice storm. Trees are losing limbs. We were without electricity much of the night and part of this morning. Soon, it will get cold again and things will freeze again. Electricity may go out again.
Old 11-29-2015, 03:38 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I am still not getting notifications on here.

Today was my grandsons 3rd birthday party. That is a fun age!!

DeBora I hope your have electric!
Connie hope you are safe and sound in your house.
Cau this year my turkey gravy was really good!! And I don't know what I did differently!
Sueanne I never thought of putting papaya in a turkey!! But it sounds delicious.

I am off to work on my cards for the card swap here and watch football. Go Patriots!

Felicia

Old 11-29-2015, 04:59 PM
Assistant Moderator

Hi Everyone,

DeBora, hope your weather gets better and you don't keep losing power. Do the children still have school if the roads are bad? Hope your dh has good luck finding a new job, perhaps one close to home so not so much travel. I also hope your adoption of the children goes smoothly and becomes final. You have done so much for these children and I have watched them blossom through your posts on here and on FB. They deserve that stability.

Sueanne, your fruit trees look amazing! I envy your warm winters!

Connie, your Thanksgiving menu was very much like mine!

Hi to everyone I missed. Thanksgiving day here was small but fun. My dd came the night before so helped me get things ready. I had to work 10 hours on Wed. so was up late making pies and prepping. Only 5 of us for dinner. My dd, her boyfriend, my youngest son, my boyfriend and me. My middle ds went to his girlfriend's family this year as he came here last year. I know I have to share but I did miss him. We had a great dinner then took my dd's puppy for a long walk to tire her out. Later we played games of Sequence before heading to bed. Both dd and her bf had to leave the next morning as they both had to work. I ended up going to a great craft fair and found some treasures and a great ornament for the ornament swap my book group has at the next meeting. Work has been busy but we have hired another person which helps. The weather here has been great but this week it is supposed to start getting cold. I have done some online Christmas shopping but will have to actually go into real stores at some point. I hate the crowds! I am working at the Christmas craft fair my church has next weekend. I am doing the children's shopping room with my best friend. That is always fun. Well, for a 4 day weekend it sure went by fast. Hope everyone has a great week ahead!

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 11-29-2015, 05:47 PM
Nine Year Member

Stayed in today to do all the little jobs I have been putting off. Cleaned under the kitchen sink cabinets, took everything out and got rid of things don't use anymore. Surprised how many cleaning products I had. Always use a big glass tray from an old microwave that has a high lip, that way if a pipe starts leaking can catch it before it hits the floor and we slip on it. Will clean the rest in the bathrooms too know I have to much under there too. While I was busy made a large pot of turkey soup on the stove. Nothing like the smell of fresh soup cooking. Funny thing I have more leftovers of turkey from the bones that I cooked.Tempted to start buying freezer jars to save soups for a rainy day or add to meals for flavoring. I always stored freezer jars of cooked tomatoes from the garden which came in handy. Seems no matter how early you get up never can finish everything you want to do. Pray that everyone stays safe with the bad weather.

Old 11-30-2015, 05:12 AM
Assistant Moderator

We are fine. Just icy enough to stay home. No damage like DeBora has.
I made soup too.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:14 AM
Nine Year Member

Glad to hear you are all ok Connie!
I know DeBora was hit bad.
Yesterdays turkey dinner was yummy! Leftovers tonight and soup tomorrow night.
Doing a bit of decorating.
Have a great day!

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 11-30-2015, 09:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Glad you are okay. Sure hope DeBora is.

Yesterday we had my grandson's 3rd bday party, today is his actual birthday. Such a fun age!!

Today I am going to clean up the house! Not fun nor exciting but it's got to be done. That and finish the rest of my cards!!

Felicia