Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 10-19-2014, 09:58 PM
Nine Year Member

what's your weather like??

Went looking for this thread and found it was closed.. I like hearing/seeing how different or even how similar the weather is all over the world. It can be so extreme down the block with nothing happening at my house. dh and I report our rainfall everyday-whether it rains or not; part of a flood study that started in Colorado during a drought a long time ago. Not only do we report our rainfall and no rainfall, but we also report how much hail and snow we get.. course the hail and snow have to melt in the house before we can measure it. We really love being involved with this organization CoCORaHs-Community Collaborative Rain, Hail and Snow Network-free to join (but they like you to buy an official rain gauge so everyone is using the same measuring tool. You can train online and sometimes you can get local training with your local News weather people-that's how we did it, as well as being trained as a Skywarn reporter with the National Weather Service-they train you on what they want you to report re: severe weather..

anyway, my weather today has been really mild. Fall is here and tonight is supposed to be our coolest night yet-no rain for a while but beautiful days.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:26 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Today in Evansville it seems a bit chilly with a few sprinkles. (sounds like an ice cream sunday LOL!)

Old 10-20-2014, 07:40 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Western Canada, the weather has been stellar. We've had a seasonally warmer fall than many I remember, and our days have been graced with lots of sunshine. Hoping our weather holds, even if night temps drop. I'll take dry and clear over wet and miserable any day.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:29 PM
Nine Year Member

looks like we might get some rain tonight, we'll see.. temps forecast to go into the 50's tonight and in the high 70's tomorrow.. then they'll get cooler again. I don't mind at all, we're not using the AC or the heaters so we're saving electricity for the moment..
Take care all,
Pam
Old 10-20-2014, 07:34 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Yesterday, Sunday Oct. 19th, we had 73º, it was a beautiful day. Today our high was 63º and still a beautiful day. I love fall in Minnesota.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:51 PM
Nine Year Member

well, no rain last night. It's been a real nice day and should be cool again tonight
Old 10-22-2014, 08:10 PM
Nine Year Member

it's been cool today. Most of my coworkers put sweaters/jackets on when they went outside today.. felt good to me though. It's now 56 and real clear..
Old 10-29-2014, 03:14 PM
Nine Year Member

Well, we got into the 80's today. Nice clear day, beautiful day. was a little breezy about midday and has calmed now... looking for high 50's tonight and possible rain after 8pm into tomorrow.. hoping for not a lot of rain since I'm hoping to get a bushel of oysters next week..
I heard there were storms somewhere in the states but haven't heard about anything severe..
take care all, stay safe, Pam
Old 11-01-2014, 08:49 PM
Nine Year Member

Happy November all.. I'd swear winter was already here!!
We've had snow, hail and rain here in SE NC.. the snow and hail were around us and we only had the rain and now that's ending and we've got wind.. We're under gale warnings right now and freeze warnings for Sunday night/Monday morning. Hate to say it but I've been feeling that this year is going to be our year for snow.. hopefully not like 1989 when they had 18 inches out here where we are... and they were not predicting any precipitation of any kind-

We didn't get out of the 50's today and tonight it was down to 48, back up to 50 right now though. dh has the heater turned on in the living room and tomorrow night we'll have heaters on in all the bedrooms I'm sure.

take care all,
stay safe, warm and dry.
Pam
Old 11-05-2014, 03:49 PM
Nine Year Member

Hi all, got back into the 70's today, got a little humid too.. had to turn the ceiling fan on for awhile. 60's predicted for tonight and early morning and 70's for tomorrow again..