Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 08-02-2002, 08:26 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

The Classmates website

They advertise it as "the world's best place to reunite".

I was just wondering if a lot of you are having luck re-connectiing with old friends through this website:

www.classmates.com

I finally registered with them at the end of last year and so far I've got back in touch with one friend. It's been wonderful. I'm hopiing to find some other friends but so far they haven't registered. Have you had good or bad experiences with getting back in touch with old friends? Have you got funny stories to tell? Perhaps, you've regretted getting in touch with someone. I'm sure there are some interesting stories out there. Anyone care to share their experience on this forum?
Old 08-02-2002, 03:14 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Classmates

Sunshine both my husband and I have been able to conect with at least one classmate from our high schools. DH got a call from his classmate that saw his name and remembered him. - he was a very quiet young man who did socialize - he was amazed that she remembered him but they have talked several times and he is making plans to attend next years reunion.

I connected with my very best friend from my home town. When I first moved away she and I stayed in touch but as time went on we lost touch. She and I had spent about every minute together at school and at home. It has been great getting back with her. I am hoping to make a trip back to my home town and go see her as soon as I can. I have also heard from some other classmates, so it has been worth it to me.

Hope you make more contacts soon. You remember when we graduated we told each other that we would always stay close and be friends forever? It is so sad that we do seem to lose contact with those special people that knew us through so many years.

Take care

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
Old 08-02-2002, 07:40 PM
Nine Year Member

Classmates Website

I do go on and check out the list. Still have my year book so it helps. So far none of my real friends are listed yet.

My Sister In Law had a reunion with 4 of her classmates when she was visiting here in Florida. When she went back to New York others got involved too. There was a group of 14 that went out for lunch after 45 years. She said it was wonderful. Now they all email each other to keep in touch. Sueanne
Old 08-03-2002, 07:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

YES!!

I had a friend that was my best friend from 6th grade through high school. After graduation, she married and moved and I went to college. We lost touch and before I knew it, I couldn't find her! I searched & searched for years!

About a year and a half ago we found each other through Classmates!

It was amazing! Its like we picked up right where we left off.... after we caught up on our families. It was amazing to see how much our lifes still parralled (spelling) each others!

We have the same kind of dog...we got ours just 45 days before they got theirs. We both have a daughter with the SAME name!
Our DH's even have similar jobs!!

Our only major difference is that she will be a first time grandmother this month and I'm not even close to that yet!!

Last edited by Abear; 08-04-2002 at 08:58 AM.
Old 08-03-2002, 08:20 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Back when you were able to write a short bio, I included my web address and heard from a hs friend and a college friend (who's now in Australia!) so that's been really cool. I enjoy the message boards but haven't joined yet. My dad was found by a friend of his as well. Good luck!
Old 08-03-2002, 12:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I've met up with several old friends from high school days and even participated via snail/e-mail with our class reunion being held this weekend. I do refuse to pay their fee to join and access e-mail but I just wrote a message on the board, included my e-mail address and went from there. Worked great!

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 08-03-2002, 01:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

chuckle classmate

Hi

I am not a gold member yet but I have found alot of my friends there. There is another site called Gradfinders which I found some that were not on classmate site
Old 08-03-2002, 02:48 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Classmates

I have also registered, but can't seem to find e-mail addresses without registering as a gold member. I'm not sure what it costs, but would rather not do that. Can anyone tell me how you get e-mail addresses without becoming a gold member? Thanks!
Old 08-03-2002, 03:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I just signed up and then waited till someone else contacted me. (I guess they joined as a gold club member.) I just don't have the money to join myself.

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
Old 08-03-2002, 04:40 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I found my high school boyfriend on this site. I wish I hadn't broken up with him. He's now an M.D.