Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 05:29 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Way to go Blue!

Hubby is feeling some better this morning. A lot of the fluid has come away from his heart.

I have big plans for today(LOL), housework and working out! We are already under a heat advisory this morning. It's suppose to be around 100*F today. I hope everyone has a nice day.
Hugs, Paula

http://summdaysummway.blogspot.com
Old 06-20-2011, 12:33 PM
Assistant Moderator

Last week was a blessing as I was the bible story teacher at VBS. We had 56 kids in all. Our 2/3 and 4/5 graders were the biggest classes. I had them in the afternoon.
K was only 10 kids, and 1st a few more than 10 but not to many.

Wed when we did the washing of the feet, it turned out wonderful. The kids really got the meaning. In my K class I washed all thier feet, the other classes they wanted to wash each other feet. I was so excited they wanted to do this.

Chynna the oldest gd was an aid for 2/3 graders. So when thier turn came to be in my class, she asked me if she could wash my feet, then she took her hair and dried my feet. I did everything I could to not just cry out loud with the touch of wanted to do this for me.. I did drop a few tears.

On Fri night I gave out a ribbon for 1st and 2nd place winners,
The kids earned these by knowing the bible verses, answers questions about the bible stories, knowing thier VBS motto, ( hear it, believe it and connect it). Those kids did well in learning.

Having the girls for the entire week was great as well.

With our VBS the kids could start arriving at 7:30 each morning, and parents had to have them picked up by 5:30 each day.
Opening ceremony started at 8:40 with closing at 3:35.
Of course I wanted to get there early to be set up the room for the bible story, be prepared for each class. So we would get there about 8 each morning. If they wanted to stay to watch the movie I allow them too.
So I came home each night super tired.. but I made it and survived. LOL

Fri night was Family night with the program, and then hot dogs, nacho's, for supper and then the 3 different kinds of bounce houses..
Of course it was tear down night to get the church back in order for Sunday.
We didnt' get home until close to 8:30 I guess. Super tired.

Youngest gd embrassed me as there is a widower at our church, and she was asking me a question that I didnt' want him to hear.. I wanted stuff something in her mouth.. Oh, kids thinks us adults can embrassed them, well they can do the same thing to us.. and that is what I told her too. LOL

Of course it did bring back memories of when John and I worked VBS as directors and the girls were little...

I met up with thier mom yesterday about 4:30 where they girls could go back home, part of me was sad, the other part was Yea... I really did have a great week last week with them..but so glad it all over with.. till the next time I see them.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:27 PM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Ellen Stephanie is going to Lockhaven University here in PA. We just got home a little while ago. Time to go relax from the 3 hour drive.

Charlotte
Old 06-20-2011, 05:36 PM
Assistant Moderator

Oh my - I am so behind again!

Patti, hope the heat isn't too bad in your area so you can get out on your porch. (I still want a porch!)

Paula, hope your dh is going to be ok.

Sueanne, so sorry to hear about the 'possum. I always feel sad when I find animals like that. How are your gardens doing?

Charlotte, congratulations to your dd2 on her graduation. Glad she is going to a college fairly nearby. In two years my youngest ds2 will be graduating and I know that is going to be hard.

Connie, I am so sorry things are so difficult with your dh but as Ellen said we are all here for you and have big shoulders for you to lean on. Some days I think you and I are leading parallel lives!

Ellen, that scooter sounds like so much fun. What a great father's day gift!

Sonya, nice to see your post. Hope things are going well with you.

Bar_Bar, sounds like you had a wonderful week with your dgds and vacation Bible school.

Sharon, so sorry to hear Kelly is so sick but hopefully all the chemo will give him a good recovery! Sounds like you are busy with all that weeding and gardening. Has Buck been able to go fishing at all? Make sure you get some down time every once in awhile. Please know your ds is always in my prayers.

Hello to anyone I may have missed. I do read all the posts but just have a hard time finding the time to post myself.

My daycare is keeping me so busy I don't get much computer time anymore but I think after this week things will start to calm down a lot. I have an extra child this week until Thursday - a nice little girl but boy can she talk your ear off. And she likes to hang all over me which is tough when it is hot out. One of my dc babies has separation anxiety so screams if I am more than a foot away from her and that is driving me crazy! Makes for very long days. I had an interview for a new dc child last Friday. OMG my dc children were off the wall during my whole interview. I swear they were all possessed. But the new dc mom was so impressed with how I handled everything she hired me and the new little boy will start at the end of August! He is cute as a button! Dh is having a very hard time at work but has his interview for a new position on Wednesday. Please send prayers our way that he gets the job as he could use something good to happen. More layoffs are eminent and we are both hoping that this new position will be more stable. My dks are always working or off with friends so not home much. Wierd to have them so grown up. Ds2's last day of school is tomorrow. Ds1 is working as many hours as he can get to earn money for college next fall and his new apartment. I need to find some new outside interests or challenges as I feel I am stagnating. I am so tired at the end of my 11 hour work day, though, that I fall into bed! Dh and I are still muddling along. Lots of stuff I need to talk to him about but just am never sure when the time is right. We went out to dinner for Father's day with his brother and his brother's gf, her two daughters and my two nephews and had a blast. Well, I need to go get things ready for work tomorrow and then am going to bed. Tomorrow will be abother long day!!! Hope everyone has a great evening!

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 06-20-2011, 06:38 PM
Assistant Moderator

Cheryl yes I think we do have parallel lives.

Barb VBS sounds so sweet. I miss teaching VBS and the kids and Sunday school.....

Dh came home and went to bed. He did this Friday night too. I don't think he is working that hard. He has no energy. Another depression again. At times I would like to kick his butt.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hey everyone... I think I am back for REAL this time, lol. As you can see Tami updated my info so I am now Irish Angel... (it was all I could come up with, rofl). Sooooo I have kept up with some of you on Facebook n ya'll had me missin you sooo much. I am happy now, more than ever! Things are drastically different in my life now, in a good way! If you look at my profile picture you'll see the person who brings a smile to my face Anyway, don't want to bore you...but I am ANXIOUS to get back into the swing of things. Gotta catch up on everyone....HUGS

Admit your mistakes so that NO ONE else can exaggerate them
You can NOT amputate your HISTORY from your DESTINY~ Beth Moore
Old 06-21-2011, 02:25 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Cathy glad you where able to get everything straighten out and able to post again.

Barb I miss teaching VBS. Our church has 2 different sessions. One in June during the day and one in August in the evening.

Sammi saying a prayer that your dh gets the new job.

My dh put 54 hours in last week. They are really busy with the conversion of the 2 banks. His boss said something to him yesterday about trying to get a few of the consultants hired full time. I am praying that happens at a good $$$ offer. Then he said 2 other guys got there ending dates for there contracts now. So we will just take 1 day at a time.

I am heading back to work today for a 4 day work week. Our older granddaughter callled last night and really talked to dh and I. She is 8 and usually says hi and bye on the phone. It was very nice to talk to her for awhile. Dh said the little granddaughter that is 4 called on Sunday and talked to him. Our oldest son called from Afghanstain and talked to dh for while on Sunday.

Time for me to get going.

Charlotte
Old 06-21-2011, 06:22 AM
Assistant Moderator

Sammi praying for your dh.

Welcome back Irish Angel.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:35 AM
Nine Year Member

Paula, my mom suffers from CHF, glad you caught it early and got help! She has been in and out so many times.

Sueanne, I got so completely fooled by a possum once, I can see where you couldn’t tell. it always amazes me how a bunch of little birds can drive off a larger one. Too bad you had to deal with it, I like your ‘funeral.’
Connie, there is a certification for a Life Coach? Can you send me the information, I’ll want a career after this one and that sounds interesting.
Bar Bar, where is that candy bar, like in the commercial, need a minute? Too bad, but I think the widower hopefully took age of your dgd into account.

Charlotte, Lock Haven is close to our camp. It is a beautiful University! We have a day called FTCAP where the freshmen come in and get signed up for classes, the parents get an opportunity to meet professors and the housing folks, etcetera. And we have these kids who compete to be Lion Ambassadors and they walk backwards around campus, talking to a group of parents and kids, all about the campus and interesting facts. Even though dh and I and the dds have been here forever, it was still good to take the tour. The things we didn’t know about dear old State.
Sharon, like Sammi said, I think of you and your ds and dh often and wish the best recovery for all. I think that even though we look for the silver lining in trials and troubles, it really just plain sucks sometimes…I hope things are better soon.

Sammi, dh and I got used to not having the kids around last year, and now that they are home I wondered if it would tie us down like before, but it hasn’t. The one is going through a power struggle thing, the oldest, but she never was much of a queen bee until now so I guess it is good for her to finally speak up. We make our plans and if they can join us, they do, if not, then a second honeymoon for us even if we argue. What time of day is best for you, is it the same as dh? If not, find a middle ground time slot and then go out to eat somewhere. Even if it is just coffee. The first five times will be not good, won’t have much to say, but remember, you are rebuildling a relationship, dating again. Give it time, you’ll each figure it out together. Sounds like you could use a break from daycare too. Eleven hour days would slay the best of us, even if it wasn’t 90F outside! Take a day off for just yourself. I use Saturday and Sunday mornings for me. I don’t know how good my advice ever is, I hope it helps though. My dh did finally get a job, praying for yours.

Cathy, he sure looks like a great guy! And you’re right, that smile is very happy looking! Welcome back! What was your screenname before?

I miss train, she only pops in now and again like so many others. I wonder if she is still working out her most recent diagnosis, and how her job is going? So many of us pop in and out of this thread, I am glad we have kept it going along nicely.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 06-21-2011, 08:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thank you Ellen and Sammi, he is feeling much better today. Sammi, prayers for your DH.

Sueanne, possums can be tricky. We have alot of them around here. They are everywhere and into everything.

Cathy, it's good to have you back. Love your new username!

Charlotte, glad to see you back! Hope you enjoyed your trip with your DD. Prayers for you DH.

Barbara, sounds like you had a wonderful time with your DGD's and VBS. I miss VBS too, I used to teach the older kids. It was great to see them open their eyes in awe at what God can do.

I don't have anything new to tell so I will go for now. Hope you all have a great day!
Hugs, Paula

http://summdaysummway.blogspot.com

Closed Thread