Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

September Friendship Flower Thread.2010

Welcome to September!!! School is under way for most kids and fall will soon be bring it's shorter days and cooler breezes. i love fall weather....where it is cool in the morning and warm through the day....the leaves changing color....what a beautiful sight .......Fal will bring back routine to our home and the restating of all the kids activities. I had my first meeting for Curling this past week so busy getting that organised for anouther season...

So what are your special plands for the month.......do you you love the season or dread what it brings?????

Hugs debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 09-02-2010, 04:24 PM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Debbie I am with you. I love fall the cooler weather and the changing of the leaves. Both my girls have birthday's this month. Tara's is on the 4th and Stephanie's is on the 15th.

Cross County is now in full swing. Steph has a meet every Wednesday and Saturday in September.

Charlotte
Old 09-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Nine Year Member

I LOVE September--it is my favorite month, though I really couldn't tell you why. It's still very hot here, but we are having cooler days.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:47 PM
Assistant Moderator

subbing
Old 09-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sammi I canít wait until it is done either, Iím glad you like the quote. It is one of my favorites. You must be running with the extra kids. Are you going to your cottage for the long weekend??
Deb, your boys have sure grown, you must be very proud of all 3
Donna I would have been a wreck also cut yourself some slack
Ií ve been dealing with getting blood tests and other medical stuff. Otherwise not much else goes on. Sept and Oct are my favorite months also. I just love the cool weather and the colors. No birthdays this month
<o:p></o:p>

Old 09-03-2010, 02:36 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

I have the day off. Taking Stephanie to meet a cross country coach at one of the colleges she is looking into attending.

Charlotte
Old 09-03-2010, 08:28 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone, Yes fall is my favorite time of year too, also my Bday this month, but I have stopped counting those lol.
I actually have a "free" day today, the OT, PT, and also a VNA, are going to my moms today so she will be busy with them, I told the VNA to go last, so she can help her shower, and wash her hair, and make her a light dinner, because I know she will be tired by then.
So far so good, as far as getting her to dialysis, and picking her up, she is a little tired after, but not as bad as I expected her to be, glad they space it out during the week, she is also geting to know everyone that goes the same times as her (22 other people are there) so that gives her a few to talk to that are going thru the same thing.I know its not a nice thing to say, but both my dd and I agree, things run smoothly when my brother keeps out of it lol.
Anyone have any plans for this weekend? Tomorrow Im going yard saling, I have Darryl hooked on them now too, just finished going thru the newspaper, and finding the yard sales, there are quite a few Sat, and Sun as well, I got the Nashua paper, since we will be dropping my mom off at dialysis, makes more sense to go yard saling down there, instead of coming back to our area, just got all the directions to the different one on Google, I find their directions better than MapQuest.
Well not much else new, hope you all have a safe weekend, just relaxing lately is a luxury for us, lol. Theresa, if you are still reading posts, I think of you often and still Praying for you, hope you arent having too much pain. Big Hugs Sandie
Attached Images

Last edited by sandieluvsbears; 09-03-2010 at 08:42 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Happy September all! It is a busy month here as well. I start working a little more next week, the kids are back in school, year round swimming gets into full gear, and we have lots of birthdays over the next 6 weeks or so. And I am starting the month with strep throat and feel a little icky. Oh, well. I haven't moved a whole lot today and plan to go to bed early. Maybe by tomorrow the antibiotics will really kick in.

I wish I could say I remembered what everyone said but I can't today. So I will end by saying, have a great Friday everyone.

Take care.

Debbie

It is important to follow our dreams as a tribute to those who were forbidden to follow theirs. - Unknown

Old 09-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Ryan comes home tomorrow seems like forever since we saw him...even though it was just 2 weeks ago...but only 1 night...Will be glad to hae all my family home....Got Jamie through high school orientation this week....will be interesting to see how he does.....Had an eye exam and got glasses this week...starting to feel old...LOL Had to go have some blood work doen to check for diabetes.....apparantly I have cataracts and high pressure in my eyes...they can be signs of that so will see what the tests show. I have an interview this wekend for twin boys 11 months old...she wants to start them on Tuesday full time....Yikes!!!! Back to all little ones this year...keeps me hoping. I also had a curling meeting this week so got things underway for the new season. So much for quiet holidays.....Still busy making cards when I have time...

Debbie sorry to hear you have strep throat...Hope you feel better soon...no fun at all

I saw a post from Sharon on facebook boy has hse had it rough....I am sure she would appreciate any prayers along with Theresa......

Well need to climb into bed.....early morning to go get Ryan......then he wants to go into the city to do some shopping for school...will see how tired he is.

hugsd ebbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 09-04-2010, 02:58 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Stephanie has a cross country meet today. Went to the Keith Urban Concert last night with my daughter Tara. Today is Tara's 19th birthday.

Charlotte

Closed Thread