Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 12:23 PM

Hard candies also work for sore throats.

Ellen, the pump is filled with insulin I think every three days. It is programmed, what we do is remotely tell it how many carbs Elijah ate and it automatically doses him.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Assistant Moderator

That machine is a gift from God. I know some others who have it.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Ellen, my DS is majoring in History Education. He doesn't run on a team anymore but he has been enjoying the nice track that LaSalle has (his high school has a really crummy cinder track). Mostly he plays electric bass at Mass, and he just got a pickup for his mandolin so now he has an electric mandolin as well. But the music director always wants him to play bass! When he's home, we don't care what he plays--we just let him go for it.

I am all set to be the Library Helper every Tuesday morning this school year. I will come in during a 6th grade class, and for those 15 minutes just do some straightening up in the little-kid section. Then kindergarten and 1st grades will come through. Usually I get half the kids in library and the librarian takes the other half to computer in an adjoining room--then we switch halfway through class. After that, 7th grade comes in and I'll spend that time entering new books into the system or cleaning up the little-kid section after 2 classes of little kids have been in it! I really enjoy working in the library.

Today Luke has his first soccer game at 9 and DD has field hockey at 11 (away.) It's gonna be close. I was hoping to "divide and conquer" but DH wants us all to go to both--except DD can't be at soccer, since she has to go to school and get on the bus.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:11 AM
Nine Year Member

Good morning all. Happy Weekend. So glad to finally get here and try to do some catching up. It is starting to feel like fall here!

Have a great day and hugs toa ll of you!

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 09-11-2010, 09:33 AM
Assistant Moderator

Barbzy I would love working in the library too.

I am beat. Last night we to a few yard sales then to the coffee house to listen to live music. This morning we hit every yard sale, 20 of them. Got some great deals. I have two bedside tables that will be turned into toy kitchens. $10 for both of them. I bought a old iron bed ( flower bed in the yard!), candle making kit, hanging file folders for home and work, canning jars, some pretties. I have found I am missing my pretties and knick knacks. I am buying a few at yard sales and thirft stores. Dh and ds are off to a car show in town. Think I will take a nap!
Old 09-11-2010, 09:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I agree with Connie--I love my library job. It doesn't seem like "work" at all.
Unfortunately my small town does not employ any full-time library positions, so I have to have two part-time jobs. Lucky for me my other employer has been very good about my library job.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Joy it is great you r job is something you love! I was always lucky that way
Weather is cooling off here but the allergy count is still high so I still have my air on. 5 of us suffer from allergies so I really donít have choice.
Dgd went to her 1<SUP>st</SUP> school dance last night, she and her BFF were so excited. They spent the night here afterward and spent the day playing fort in the patio. It is cool to see her turning into a teenager.One minute a young lady the next a kids again

Old 09-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Nine Year Member

I am dropping in to say hello. I hope you are all having a great weekend.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

Beverly Sills
Old 09-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Assistant Moderator

Cau, I hear ya! We can not hang our sheets out. Must use the dryer. lol My neighbors are probably wondering about me. I have had two pair of jeans on the line since Friday. Bought them at the thrift store and they reek of cigarette smoke. I have washed them three times. Might have to toss them. Darn, they are mens Polo jeans.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Nine Year Member

I hope you can get the smell out!

Has anyone heard from Patti or Sharon?

Beverly Sills

Closed Thread