Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 08:18 AM

Sammi, hope your ds is feeling better. Glad you are busy with DC and are getting kids for the summer. That has to be a good feeling.

Charlotte, I play on Farmville too and love it.

Bar_bar, seriously look into working for an established care giver service. Better to do that than to take on something on your own. I do think you would like that kind of work. But best to work for a service that provides people to do care giver work.
Glad you had a talk with dd.

Train, it can take as long as a month for those kind of meds to do their job. The med has to build up in your system. Hang in there. Things will get much better.

DebK, I know you will have a fun time at the Olympics. We will be watching on TV.
Wonderful news about your ds's. Will be a great summer. Hope Paige is feeling better.

Sandie, I hope your mom continues to improve. I hope she will be willing to have help come in or live with your sister. I agree with you. She should not be alone.

Felicia, hope the new job is going well. Hard to get used to working different shifts.

Thank you to all for your prayers and kind words for Buck.
He is having more pain today from the surgery. He may have had the tube on the pain pump pinched as he is not slurring his words today so not getting the amount of meds he is supposed to have.
He hates wearing sweatpants but he IS wearing them.
I have to remind him to ice his shoulder.
The snowblower has an electric start and it is powerful. If I set the gear too high it would take off with me running behind it. So it is not too bad a job to do, but still tiring.

Hi to everyone.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Assistant Moderator

Ouch poor Buck. Gregg hated wearing button down shirts and sweatpants.

Bar Bar, look into nursing homes. You would be a wonderful recreation director.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Charlotte: I'm not a morning person so every time I have to be at work at 5am that's hard. Tomorrow I work 5am to 10am then go back at 7pm and work till 2am. I don't mind the night shifts at all. Gives me all day to get things done. But I sure hate getting up at 4am! And my body is used to working nights so I can't fall asleep. When I'm getting up at 4am, that's the time I am usually going to bed! Well it's a job......
I still haven't heard from Hobby Lobby. The manager keeps saying to everyone but me or my husband that he's going to hire me. But he hasn't said anything to me at all. Everyone at work keeps asking my husband when I start. Apparantly he's telling other employees he's going to hire me too. I am not even sure if I want the job! I have no idea what job I am being offered. Right now I am back to working 30 hours a week and working mostly nights like I like!

Sharon: I hope Buck feels better.

Bar_Bar: My Mom used to say, "If in doubt, go without." And I've actually always followed that rule. I think that you made the best decision for yourself.

Hi to all. Hope you're all safe, healthy and happy.

Felicia

Old 02-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Bar_bar: I am praying for the decisions you are making....and for strength regarding "I'm going thru alot of memories, and heartaches as I'm thinking of John, and feeling like he is slipping out of my life. I feel we are miles apart and we are in so many ways, it scares me for I do not want to let him go, yet he is already gone from me". I know he will always be present in your heart..sending you hugs!

Connie: very cool about the extra $

Debbie: sounds like you have been busy, neat to hear what is going on with you. Glad you are feeling better!

Sandi: thinking of you mom and hoping you feel better! You are dealing with alot and it make sense to feel over whelmed but we are praying for you and sending you lots of hugs by way of the net!

Charlotte: Hope everyone in your neck of the woods gets well soon!

Patti: Our services have been cancelled all week too! Bummer but I have LOVED the Blizzard of 2010! Just been keeping myself supplied with cocoa and coffee! LOL Also keeping Adam in my prayers!

Hi to everyone else. Its great to hear how things are going in everyones lives!
Sending hugs to everyone

Admit your mistakes so that NO ONE else can exaggerate them
You can NOT amputate your HISTORY from your DESTINY~ Beth Moore
Old 02-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Nine Year Member

Just a few words to let you all know I am alright. DH is still in the rehab. Seems like a long time but it was only a week Tuesday. Hate when they start changing Diabetic meds that He has been on for a long time. The diet is not the food we eat at home. They feed You everything no restrictions even desserts. First DH would not eat them but they explained that He has too to with the meds. Think I have talked to everyone and have called enough times to make sure He is alright after I leave. One night they gave him insulin and He was rushed to the hospital with low sugar that they could not bring back up. He didn't seem to be affected by the ordeal just said it was cold going out at twelve at night with this cold wave we have been having with only a blanket covering Him.

The neighbors have been a great help taking me to see Him. I do pay them for the gas only fair even if they say no.

today the one in charge of Him getting discharged gave Him a test to see if He is thinking clearly. Said He passed and drew the diagrams that had to be copied. Asked Him to write a sentence of anything. Wrote " I love Ann." We both agreed He is a sweetheart.

Hopefully He will not be there much longer.
Please keep saying prayers for Harold.

Sorry to hear about all the snow everyone has been shoveling out of.

Sharon....Glad Buck is home and on the mend. Be careful using the snowblower.

Barbar.....Praying everything works out for You too.

DonnaMarie....Thanks for the calls they are a comfort. Take care of yourself too.

Debk....Have a good time on Your trip. Think of You often too.

Connie....Happy everything is working out for You & Family. You are doing a good job taking care of everyone and everything.

Hello to everyone I missed.
________
Sueanne

Old 02-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Assistant Moderator

Please keep a family from NE in your prayers. Their baby girl is in the hospital with RSV. They lost a baby daughter four years ago. The family is terrified right now.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:51 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Just popping in...
Sueanne, Glad Harold is doing better and I know you'll be glad when he's home and you can be in control of his well being.

Sharon, Glad Buck is home and healing.

Hi to everyone.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:28 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi all!Just popping to see how everyone is doing,we got 6 inches of snow here which is rare for our area.Thought I would post a couple of pictures not bad for Texas,hope everyone has a great day!
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2010, 08:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Just a quick Hi, thanks so m uch everyone for the Prayers, my mom is doing much better she is on the Rehab floor of the hospital, they have finally found out what is causing these mini strokes, seems she has plaque in her arteries, and a piece of it broke off and went to her brain(and they said this is what happened the last time as well) they have her on a blood thinner, hoping it helps.
Sharon hope Buck is doing better
SueAnn hope your hubby is doing better too,
Barbar, my dd is a nurse and she goes to patients homes, the agency she works out of also has CNA's (certified nursing assist) and the course for it is only 8 weeks,(financial aid is available) then you go to patients homes, and either help them with showers, or do the shopping for them, etc., each patient has different needs, you would be great at doing that.
As for me, I went to the Dr yesterday,(she is a surgeon and just does general surgery) and other than the fact she agreed with me that this is NOT my gallbladder Im back at square 1 again, I see my reg Dr Tues, and Im gonna request the ultra sound or whatever they do on my ovaries this is where the most pain is, and the ovary on my right side feels swollen now, and all that is in my mind is Ovarian cancer, because I have alll the side effects they list online except for the constipation. I have also lost 8 lbs., but on the other hand I havent been eating right, between going back and forth to the hospital, and worrying,.now that my brother is up here, he said take care of yourself, and I will deal with mom, he is much better at getting my mom to listen to reason too(and he has told her she has to have help at home) or she will go to a nursing home and she doesnt want that, lol.
Well Im gonna try and not worry just for the weekend (yeah right) I just cant seem to focus on anything right now, my nerves are shot. Hope you all have a nice weekend.Hugs
Old 02-12-2010, 09:58 AM
Assistant Moderator

Nell I see you got alot of snow up your way too, schools were shutting down early yesterday, so I worked a little over a half a day and got paid for full day, then schools are close today too.

I just wish yesterday didnt' turn out so bad for me. I was in a car wreck,
my fault. I was on the way to school, and was in a crossway to wait to cross over, the security guard car was there, but didn't think it was in the way, but guess it was.
I saw the car in the far lane but the one in the inside lane I didn't. As soon as I started across I hit her. She blended in the snow as the car was a lite grayest white.
I felt so bad, and of course when I pulled over to the shoulder I didn't notice something was wrong with the car. As I drove away to get myself turn around by going to the next cross over and to come back where I was when I first tried to cross over this is where I realizse the car must of been in my way, and I noticed my car was not driving right. It was wobbling like crazy

when it was time for me to go home, Melissa and husband came to get me and he drove the car home. It was very wobbling. They are thinkikng it out of alightment but I don't know if there is more problem. I hope and pray there is not. I do not need this and I do not know how I'm going to get the money to get car fix but it has to be fix where I can work.
I need prayers please. thanks

kids and family is having fun playing and making snowmen,

Closed Thread