December Friendship Flower Thread - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 04:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

December Friendship Flower Thread

Merry December everyone!!! Wow where has this year gone.... Only 25 more days till Christmas!!! So what are your plans for the month??? When do you put up your tree? Do you have any special traditions?? Are you hoping for a special gift from a special someone?? Will you have a cold and white christmas where you live??

Hugs debbie
Attached Images

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 12-01-2009, 04:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

It seems like forever since I last posted on the Friendship thread. It has also been a busy time here.
Since my last post back in November I have had both my Mammogram and Colonoscopy--Fun, Fun. Everything went well and no problems.
The Sunday before Thanksgiving I hosted my side of the family for an early Thanksgiving meal.
The following Tuesday, Paige had knee surgery. What was suppose to be a simple scope, repair and back to school this week turned out to be a lot more involved. The tear was much worse than expected and she came out of surgery with a brace from her hip to her ankle and no weight bearing on that leg for 6 weeks. She is now learning to manuver on crutches. She still has two weeks of classes left before finals. Luckily much of what she needs to do can be done online from home, but I may have take a day off work and drive her to school to take some tests (did I mention it is her right leg and she can't drive right now either).
Thanksgiving day we had "Christmas" on Dh's side of the family.
I am actually hoping December is a bit quieter than November turned out to be.
I do have my decorating done. Paige got the tree up before her surgery and I finished the rest over the weekend. I kept reminding myself while I was decorating that I had to put this all away again and cut back on a few things. It still looks very festive.

I need to go back and read everything I have missed the past couple of weeks. I hope everyone is well and having a great day.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:45 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

happy December everyone. Deb i love the pic so cute

Old 12-01-2009, 05:34 AM
Assistant Moderator

Theresa, the glass block is absolutely beautiful! I still havenít seen any glass block decorations around here so I am going to have to look around and see if I have just never noticed. Hope you are able to get some rest. I wish I had half your energy!

Karen, hope you are having a good week. Is your eye better now?

Joy, it was so nice to see your post! You have been missed. I hope Paigeís leg heals quickly and that she isnít in any pain. It must be tough on both of you with her not being able to drive. Sounds like you have been very busy with work and family activities. Hope Dec. is a less hectic month for you. And you are so far ahead of me in the decorating. I havenít even started yet.

Patti, sounds like you have all your decorating done too!

Sandie, canít blame you for not wanting your mom to drive. I hope that if she does go out she doesnít go far. My mom was still driving the year before she died and I remember how scary riding with her was at times so I understand your worry.

Connie, you must be so excited about the move. I do hope there are people who will pitch in to help. You know if all of us FC friends lived closer we would be there to help in a heartbeat.

Felicia, very cool about the new tv. We donít have any flat screen tvs yet but we do have a tv in every room except for the bathroom. I didnít buy all the tvís though Ė one came from my momís house and one was a gift. My dh would love a big flat screen tv too.

Had a good day yesterday with all my dc kids back. I had missed them and apparently they had missed me too according to their parents. Still catching up on chores around the house. It is never ending. Havenít even started decorating for Christmas yet. It doesnít really feel Christmasy here yet with no snow and the warmer temps we have been having but today it is much colder. I need to start my Christmas shopping too. Having a hard time trying to figure out what to get everyone this year. Hope everyone is having a great morning.

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 12-01-2009, 06:56 AM
Assistant Moderator

Joy, glad all went well with your tests
sorry to hear of how bad Paige knee surgery was. Wishing her get well wishes
When is her finals?

HOpe everyone had a good thanksgiving. I was invited to 3 different places. One with my daughter over to a friend's house. As they wanted to do this for us since she had the fire. Then later the coffee place that John and I always went to, and I still go to, called me up as they wanted me to drop in. They had closed the place to have thanksgiving with their family as well as some customers that only had invitations.
I went up for coffee and dessert only, but after looking at the food, I had to sample a little of some of the food, it was to tempting not to. LOL
then later that day went over to my red hatter friend who is the Queen of our chapter. End up spending some nights over there as well. As Sat we had a get together with the other members for salad and soup, and then a trip to Garden Ridge. I was surprizse to see how much purple and red christmas decoration there was. I bought a few things for my hat.

Fri my stomach was acting up from all the rich food that I over ate. LOL.
but later felt better and went with my dd and gd's to the downtown christmas parade. We were able to get up really close. The kids loved being that close, as they were on the edge of the street.

Thanksgiving was hard on us due to John's death, and then my daughter fire she had.
but we were thankful that we were together and they were safe. We were thankful the bonded btw us is there. The girls loved me being with them as well, and it was a nice touch to be with them.

I'm still planning on moving with them my dd as soon as we find a place to live. We cannot continue to stay here, due to I live in another town where the kids goes to school.
but finding a place has not been a easy chore.
Found one place and the landlord knew her credit was not good, she told him everything against her. I was there and heard everything. He didn't' seem to care, and felt there would be no problem. Then yesterday he informed her the credit score was to low and he couldn't rent to her. So we looked yesterday before I went off to school. So hopefully we can find something soon.

It will just be my dd and gd's and me. She wants me to mostly watch the kids and help her with them, while she works and pay the bills. I will work when I can and togther we shall see how things works out.
If it does, it will be amazing, but we both know we need one another. The girls are super excited that I will be living with them again. For them it a prayer being answered. As they wanted this for a long time. Used to when I was raising them, they wanted to kow why mom and I couldn't just live together. Of course at that time I always told them it wouldn't ever work out. LOL, and now what am I'm doing?
again time will tell.

well I need to go work on some homework, but just wanted to drop in. It been a long time it seems, and I do not get notificants, Of course many of you have had that same problems.
not sure what is wrong.
will check in another time.
Attached Images

Old 12-01-2009, 07:04 AM
Assistant Moderator

subbing
Old 12-01-2009, 07:10 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

BBB, the blue is pic is gorgous!!!! I bet she will love it!
The moon did seem a little odd, wonder why the different colors around it...
Thanks 4 tellin me where all that baking goes, lol I can only imagine how the freezers look, lol...
Old 12-01-2009, 08:00 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Happy December to everyone.

Joy I will be praying for your daughter to heal quickly.

Dh is feeling better everyday from his surgery.

Will talk later.

Charlotte
Old 12-01-2009, 08:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Theresa.......that blue block was so beautiful!!! Absolutely gorgeous. I love it! The muffins sound divine. Not only do I wish I was your neighbor, but I wish you were my Mommy too because then you'd make me muffins!

Joy so glad all your tests went well. Sorry about Paige's surgery. I hope everything heals quicker than they say.

DebK I sure wish I was going to have a white christmas but not here in Florida. Today it smells like smoke outside. There must be a fire nearby.

Christmas is my favorite time of the year.

Today I start going into work earlier. I'll be going in at 8pm to 3am till Christmas. We need the extra hours to get the place stocked. The manager gave us a new person but she's a 19 yr old girl who's never worked retail! So that didn't work out at all. We can't train her, we don't have time. It's just easier to have us all work extra hours because we already know what to do.

Felicia

Old 12-01-2009, 09:14 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Joy so sorry to read of Paige's surgery...prayers continue to be said for her with her recovery...

bar_bar sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving...I am glad you did...

Charlotte glad your dh is feeling better since his surgery...how has work been this week for you...

Sammi glad you are feeling better...I bet you missed your dc kids and they missed you...

Wendy I do all the baking but I don't eat any of it...just glad my family enjoys it...

Ahhhh Felicia I wish we were neighbors too...Enjoy your new shifts at work...Sometimes I wish my daughters would learn to bake...lol...Crystal can bake some things but not Sherri and I really don't mind doing the baking for them while I still can...

Thanks everyone for the comments on the Glass Block...I think Bev will like it...

Crystal wants hers done in red lights and Sherri wants hers done in clear lights...gee couldn't they pick the same color...lol

Well just got off the phone with the doctor's office in Thunder Bay and I have to have the one med changed because I have been getting chest pains and I am fighting to breath at night...so much fun...lol...

Wishing everyone a wonderful day

Smiles & Hugs...

Closed Thread