Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 09:14 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Oh its cold here today...-13C...but still no snow...

Thanks Sharon...I think they turned out pretty good...

Not much happening around here today...going to take it easy today...No Baking...lol

Smiles & Hugs...
Old 12-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Nine Year Member

connie, bite your tongue, you don't need to carry any excess baggage with you to the new place and it will rob you of the energy you have now for going away;

after all this time, let's just simply celebrate together with you, it's a new beginning, the old can remain unresolved;

renting that house is the FILs business, not yours anymore;

I have found that a smile and a nod helps in these situations, neither an acknowledgment or a disagreement, do you really want either of those right now? don't you just want to leave quietly and peacefully with your own selves?

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 12-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Theresa, no I didnt try the small hardware stores, just the Lowes and Home Depot, maybe I should call ACE hardware. I hope you dont get a reaction from your new meds. Im happy to say ALL our Xmas shopping is done(just baking left to do) and I cant put my moms gift together until the last minute, because she is so hard to buy for, Im making her up A Blizzard Basket, and will put all her favorite foods in it, like the frozen crab cakes she buys, and flavored coffee, SF cookies, soup mixes, crackers, cheeses, etc. you get the idea. I thought of it because when she had the Meals on Wheels come for a while when she first went home, they gave her one,(it was a paper sack, with spaghettios and canned soup in it, and hot chocolate, and they told her to save it for a time when they couldnt get there if the roads were bad, well as you all know she cancelled them,after 2 weeks lol. I havent done my Xmas cards yet, (Im not sending out as many as I did last year) I think I sent out over 100, and honestly cant afford it in stamps this year, so just sending to those we wont see over the holidays.
Connie I hope your move goes smoothly for you despite the feelings over the inlaws, I would just bite my tongue, and think of the life ahead, and make a nice new start in your new home.
Sharon I hope the pain in Bucks shoulder subsides with the meds.At least he does something about it, Darryl has knee pain and complains, and complains but did he tell the Dr the last time he was there, NO he didnt lol.Gosh I forget what else I wanted to comment on, anyhow hope you all have a good day, I want to put up an extra set of lights, I didnt have enough around the bay windows in the living room and it looked off balance and is driving me nuts, of course Darryl said it looked fine, lol, and didnt even know what I meant when I said it was off balance, men, lol!!
Old 12-02-2009, 09:34 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Sandie any building place should have the Glass Blocks...Glen got mine at North American Lumber...you could try the Lumber places...they might have to order them in...

Going to go and get warm...I am freezing today...

Smiles & Hugs...
Old 12-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Nine Year Member

Connie, take the high road. If you unload on your FIL, he will feel aggrieved and justified. Keep him wondering! And good luck with the move. You can do this!
Old 12-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Nine Year Member

Connie...Better not to say anything to the inlaws now that You are moving. They are His parents and He might resent what You said someday. They did give you a start in life living in their house for so many years. With all the improvements You made they will sell it fast or even rent it

Leave with a happy heart. I am sure You will find many new friends there.

An older neighbor that just moved called the other night to say. If anyone says anything bad about Me please stick up for Me. Of cause the new owners will find plenty of things to complain about especially the high price they paid for the house and furniture. They are already complaining to the Real Estate lady that sold it to them and She wrote them a letter.

They had their closing and got their money so there should not be anything more to say to them. She felt better that She was able to talk to someone since Her husband is not well.

Was a nice day today hit 81* and sunny. Should get a shower overnight which we need.

Had the termite inspection today everything looked good. The new chemical they use lasts for ten years they drill it all around the foundation of the house. Said they noticed a big improvement in the claims with this product.

Sharon.....Glad Buck was able to talk to the doctor on the phone. My Doctor gave me a shot of cortisone and it really helped. They have to get the right spot otherwise it does no good. Still waiting for the results of my Mammogram hopefully they will call tomorrow. Makes me nervous until I hear it from Him.

The gals at the sewing club were learning how to use the new singer sewing machine that the club bought. It is all computerized don't know how many older people will be able to figure it out. Even has double needles. The button hole maker uses the button in the template then sews around it to finish it off.

Wishing everyone a good day.
_______
Sueanne

Old 12-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Seems like we just had family over for Easter last month and now it is Christmastime!
Remember how when we were kids and Christmas just took forever to get here!!!!!!
And on the same token........the 3 month summer break from school also lasted forever!!!!
Makes me really think of how I should really appreciate each and every day!

I'm not real good at that. Are you?

I hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving! Sammi, I always think of you when I make my pies and wonder if "Sammi is making her millions of pies!!" LOL!!

Connie,
I agree with what everyone else is saying, just leave and 2010 is going to be a brand new start for you and your family.
Yes, packing is really hard work, been there and done that more times then I can count, but it the end it will all be worth it!

Barbar,
I can just imagine how excited Chynna and Hanna are that you are going to be with them again. I just couldn't get over when you told me their place burned down, those poor kids and Melissa.
Are they getting some help thru their church and friends? Red Cross? Salvation Army? Anything?
I know you are missing your John so much during the holidays........and always........but you know you are loved by ..your kids, your church, the Red Hatters and US.
None of us can take your pain away but hope that our love helps to comfort you a little.
I love you always.

Theresa,
If you lived in a bigger town I think you should have had your won bakery!!!!!
How are you doing on your new meds?
I love your glass decorations. I wish I had a quarter of your artistic creativity!

Patti,
Have you rested up? Don't overdue it and get sick for Christmas. How's Judy doing? Does she love Christmastime?

Sandie, what a sweet gift you are making for your mom!

Sharon, I hope the pain pills will help Buck, that is miserable to be in pain like that. I remember Mark, after his stroke, and his shoulder and how it just hurt so bad.

Joy, my goodness, so sorry to hear about Paige. I hope she heals quickly.
Glad to hear your tests came out fine.

And Sueanna............praying your mamogram comes out fine, too.

hugs, train

Attached Images

Old 12-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Yes Train loves the holiday time. She mailed out Christmas cards today. She so loves getting mail.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Assistant Moderator

I can always say 'hummmm' and 'oh....' and 'really...'

I can do this right?

I need to remember that I will never see them again. Ditto for my dad too. Pray lots of people show up to help us load the moving truck. We will be so busy no one will have a chance to say anything.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Why is it that no matter how old we get we r still as excited on Christmas morning...

Closed Thread