Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I had home health care after my left knee replacement May '07 and right hip replacement April of this year and there was Nurse to check those things, PT for therapy and OT for that therapy, and an aide to bathe me. So no one person did it all. A cab always takes me to and from DR appts so none of the health workers did that.
Felicia sorry for the way they are doing you at DT. Good luck on finding another job that you really like.
I will be going to see a Gallbladder surgeon on 11th Jan. So looks like will be having another surgery but not an orthopedic one this time
Old 12-30-2009, 05:18 PM
Assistant Moderator

the home heath nurse we had for John the first time he required one we didn't like, but the 2nd round when he needed one back 1 yr ago this Sept was wonderful, and of course Hospice nurses are great too.

Fish, sorry you are not feeling well, hope you will soon, starts on meds as soon as possible.

Pam, sorry to hear of your mother being sick too, and the fall. thank goodness she didn't hurt herself.

Myself, I'm feeling a little better today than what I've been feeling, the cough is what gets me, for I cant' get under the cough and it gags me to the point I feel I'm choking.
The cough will keep me from working, for it can come often and it last for a long time sometimes.
the sniffles wears me out but the stuff has to break up, that's been one of the problems, wouldn't break up. it was a dry cough.

I was even taking honey, whiskey and lemon juice to try to get rid of the cought before giving in and going to hospital.
My voice is weak still, and my chest still hurts.
At times my chest feels as if it going to knock down the doors into the outer world. I can feel the heart beat bounding heavy. It spooky
my prayers is for me to get well, or to die.
now since I'm doing better I'm thankful.
but it still hurts when I go into one of those coughing spells.
I had to get out for a short time today, but I did wrap up super good before going out to the store.
DD wasn"t feeling well due to her starting today was well. she was cramping, so I just went instead of her.
Plus I wanted to try my strength out. I got tired very quickly.
I'm not so what am I'm doing, playing on computer.

in case I'm not here tomorrow or tomorrow night let me wish you all a very Happy new Year
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2009, 05:45 PM
Assistant Moderator

Barb feel better and take care of yourself.

My family is bugging the crap out of me. I am ready to leave them. LOL Gregg has been spacy
since we got cable. Now the kids. I am sick of them being sick, I am sick of feeling
like a maid.... gr.... I need a day out with girlfriends. Too bad I don't have any here. I will get out a little tomorrow.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Connie--I hear you. Since Paige's knee surgery I have be running, waiting on her and driving her around---enough!!! Monday she can put weight onher foot again and start doing more for herself. The few weeks I have been doing less and less for her--felt good. Hope everyone starts feeling better soon at your house.
BarBar--Hope you get well soon too.

No big New Years plans here. I am just hoping it quits snowing. We got about 3 more inches today.
Had some bad news tonight. A friend who use to be in our Potluck group passed away. She had cancer. She was 51 and leaves behind a DH, 2 grown children and 2 grand children. Please remember this family in your prayers tonight.
Crazy day at work---between the weather and the end of the year it was a madhouse. Tomorrow doesn't look to be any better. Oh well I do have a 3 day weekend to look forward too.
Hope everyone is having a good evening.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:03 PM
Nine Year Member

happymomof4 I know what you mean about the unemployment. My dh has been out of work since June and denied benefits because they fired him for cause. My sil has been out of work 18 months and didn't get his benefits started for about 3 months-he's getting extensions now, but his payments are lower than they started out. My dd's food stamps were stopped when he was getting unemployment for almost a year-they said he was getting too much for food stamps-totally false. After a month dd appealed the ruling and the supervisor couldn't believe she'd been denied, case worker got the case back-she approved food stamps but for a lower amount.
I'm hoping that my sil will be getting a job next month-there is a company that has his resume and they should be hiring a few people-they fired at least 3 around Christmas.
Don't know when or where dh will be able to find work. He doesn't stay very focused after awhile-wish there was someway to get him declared disabled, but that's not going to happen-with a little luck and a lot of prayer something will come through for him-God has a plan-I just have to remind myself of that sometimes.
No oysters for us tomorrow, Mom's not feeling up to it-hopefully Sunday now.
have a good night.
Pam
Old 12-30-2009, 08:53 PM

Pam, that ambulance in Hawaii took Rush Limbaugh to the hospital with chest pain. He is in serious condition. Saying prayers for your family.

Sammi saying prayers for your brother.

Connie, I hope you feel better soon. Moving is stressful.

Bar_bar glad your feeling better.

Felicia, I worked every New Year's Eve at a supper club for 12 years. It would be close to 3AM when I got out of there. Tended bar. Then had to be back at 10AM for brunch. I was doing good to get 4 hrs of sleep. Worked all day. And all those Christmas parties were exhausting. I was always very glad to see Jan. 2. The 9 1//2 yrs I worked for WalMart, I also worked every New Year's Eve. And some of those years also worked New Year's Day.
As you said employers don't really care about things like that. Their concern is having people at work and taking care of business.
Hope you feel better soon.

A very belated Happy Birthday Coll.

Buck will be going across the street to Roland's to play cribbage. There will be 8 guys. I will spend the evening by myself. I don't mind. The first 24 years I was married, I was married to a cop and he worked every New Years Eve when he was a patrolman and also when he was Sgt on the motorcycle squad. This is when we lived in Texas. When we moved back to WI, he took a job of Police Chief. Then we stayed home in case something happened and he was needed.
No drinking for him on New Year's Eve.
My late dh who was my 2nd dh would never go out on that night. There are people who only go out that one night a year. Many of them are demanding and rude. Some though are very nice.
I did get some good news. Ds is going back to work Mon. Jan.4th. Hooray!!!!! He has been laid off since first part of June.
Now of course, I will worry about him driving in bad weather. Seems like I always have something to worry about.

Hi to all I have not commented to.

Happy New Year to each and every one of you. And may 2010 be a better year for all.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:34 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

I want to thank everyone for being a great friends to me and to wish everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR.

On to 2010.

Charlotte
Old 12-31-2009, 06:30 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Happy New Years Everyone

I am closing this thread today as I won't be home tonight

Join us HERE to continue chatting in 2010

hugs debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Closed Thread