Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi sammie yes it is getting better every day thanks for asking

Old 12-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Nine Year Member

the demon devil cat whined all night but we got sleep except I froze so I went out to the living room at 3:30 am but only wet wood was left so I slept under my coat on the couch so dd1 would get some sleep

today we ate lunch together just off campus, she said she did not have much of a rest over vacation and if asked again would say no she isn't able to, it was a lot of running around, gas money, and walking the dog 3x a day and no sleep was very tiring

I wonder why they can let the dog out at night but not during the day and why the cat isn't kept in a crate at night , the two of them tumble and wrestle and 'fight' all night which was why we kept them separate

the owners must have their reasons but wow! pet sitting was indeed interesting

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 12-01-2009, 01:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Love the Glass Block Theresa, I tried Home Depot,Lowes,Michaels, and ACMoore, no glass blocks to be found, but I do have this glass container with a matching top, and Im gonna do my own version of it making it a night light(using white LED lights(works on a b attery_I have already spray painted it with frosted paint so the glass isnt clear.
Joy Im saying Prayers for Paiges recovery
Barbar, hope you find a place soon, I can just imagine how excited your gd's are to be living with you again, and great company for you too.
Sammi I havent seen any of the glass lights around here either and we have gone to alot of craft fairs lately and I havent seen 1 (maybe its because you cant find the glass blocks anywhere) in Lowes they said they could special order for me but I would have had to get a case of them.
Glad your eye is getting better Karen, if you want one of those tags I made ( the one in Deb Ks first post here) with the bear saying "Is It Xmas Yet? just PM me with your email and I will make you one, that goes for anyone else that wants one as well, I made them for one of the groups I tag for.
Well I got my moms car down to her, my neighbor followed me down there and gave me a ride back, Im really concerned, she doesnt even use her cane the right way, and half the time leaves it sitting in the corner(she is supposed to use it all the time) its not so much the driving Im concerned with (well Im somewhat concerned about her reflexe time) but its her manuevering in and out of the car, and walking in a store, with out a fall, if she falls again, it will be alot worse, and I told my brother he can take care of her down in Fla., (God forbid) ,if it happens, dd and myself have gone on record saying this is NOT a good idea for her to be driving , I told her she should go to my brothers for the winter anyone else would be thrilled to have a place to go to and get out of the New England cold, its not like she "has" to be here.For now she is gonna have to check in with either me or my dd, daily, when she goes out,(sounds like she is a 16 year old having to check in lol)
Well time to finish getting diner ready Hope you all have a good evening Hi to all I missed!! More later HUGS
Old 12-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Nine Year Member

Subbing for now!

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 12-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Assistant Moderator

I am so tired. I am trying to pack up the basement today.... running out of boxes again. Think I will fill up the dumpster with more nice stuff..... I am trying to get rid of some of my home canned relishes. I can not take that much with me. I do not see how I will get all of this packing done in two days. I keep crying and crying too.....
Old 12-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

U said it all Debbie, where has the year gone??? Seems like we tend 2 say that every year.
It never really feels like December until we get r 1st little bit of snow. Doesn't matter if it snows a lot or a tad bit, snow is snow. My Mother has always started on her trees Thanksgiving evening. She has been collecting the Hallmark Ornaments since the early 70's and every ornie is packed in bubble wrap and all r kept in totes. Every year she gets the news ones and every year we sk her where she is gonna put it and her reply seems 2 always b the same....guess I will just have 2 start another tree. LOL
Old 12-01-2009, 07:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Hello all, been out most of the day. Am so tired and sore.
I hope I am able to sleep okay tonite.
Theresa that block is so very pretty and thanks for not thinking I am nosy asking about your baked goods. Like Felicia wish I was your neighbor.
Well more mails so will check in another time
Old 12-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Karen I am so glad your eye is getting better...

Connie hang in there...you won't be there much longer and then you can tell them all to go Crap on A Cracker...lol...

Ellen that cat sounds awful...we had a cat and a dog and they got along great...they even slept in the same bed together...

Sandie I would be very concerned too...your mom should keep her cane with her at all times...even when Glen was done with the walking cast he still used the cane for months and kept it in the truck in case he needed it...Oh you will have to post a picture of Your Glass Present...Have you tried the Hardware Stores in your area...that's where I got mine...

Patti I would never think you were nosy...Yep I wish we all lived closer...

Got my new meds today so we shall see if I react to them...Got my Carrot Muffins done too...even did 2 more Glass Block Presents...the one in white is for my daughter Sherri,it has white satin wired ribbon with silver holly leaves and berries...and the one with multi colored lights I did just for the fun of it to see if it would turn out...I used gold ribbon with green holly leaves and red berries on it...

Smiles & Hugs...
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2009, 12:28 AM

Theresa the glass blocks are beautiful. And I love the pic of the moon. That is neat.
You are making me hungry for muffins.
I hope your new meds work out for you.

Sandie, I too think your mom should not be driving.

Joy, sorry about Paige's surgery. Prayers she heals quickly. Glad your tests all came out good.

Connie, moving is a lot of work and we all wonder how we are ever going to get everything packed. It will all work out and you have a new life ahead of you.

Felicia, I remember working retail at this time of year so well!! I am not missing it.

Patti, I hope you are doing well.

Bar_Bar, I hope you find a place to live soon. It is not easy finding something. I can imagine how happy your dgd's are that they will be living with you and their mom.

We went shopping today for ds and dgd. Glad that is done.
Buck can't stand the pain in his shoulder. Keeps him awake at night. He finally called the doctor and talked to him about pain management. He got some meds today. I hope they help. With pain in his shoulder, his back and his legs, he is one big pain. LOL
I have not put my tree up yet. Usually do that the day after Thanksgiving. I will get to it this week though.

Hi to everyone.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:52 AM
Assistant Moderator

I have this sinking feeling that I will state my true feelings to my inlaws about the time they say something stupid. Like they will miss us or something like that. The community has said some hard things to FIL plus now no one will buy or rent the house we live in. No one trusts FIL. Duh. I do not want a big fight with anyone but I dont like to be lied to. Bite my tougne or tell them off?

I contacted a classmate on facebook last night. I have not keep in touch with her because she was mean. She ened up working with troubled teens. Karma huh? Sounds like she has been fighting cancer for years too. I will see if she gets in touch with me.

Closed Thread