December Friendship Flower Thread - Page 16 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 02:57 AM
Nine Year Member

Hi ladies I've been lurking and reading etc. Still trying to get into the holiday.
Connie---I am so glad to see you posting. I am glad the move has turned out so well. Hope Jaz feels better soon.
Sandie---I hope you start to feel better.
I really should do some kind of baking here. I here we are going to have bad weather Christmas day. That means DH will be working.
Have a great day all.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 12-23-2009, 06:18 AM
Assistant Moderator

Lauri, looks like Gregg will work Christmas Eve Day and Christmas. Hugs to you!

Patti have you tried pinto bean fudge? I don't think you cook it.

Last edited by bluebird; 12-23-2009 at 06:21 AM.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

No I have not Connie in fact never heard of it.
Crystal has been in surgery now since 6:30 they told her Mom she should be out at around 2. Just knowing where they are operating makes it so scsary.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hope all goes well with the surgery Patti, keep us posted.
I didnt want to have to run out to the store anymore this week, but realized earlier I needed more cream cheese, and of al things batteries(how did Darryl manage to forget them, lol) for his gs gifts, and the stores were just as I thought "mobbed" Im sure alot have off this week too, and schools got out early today. Anyhow thats it no more stores til after Xmas, Im spending the rest of today wrapping what I have left to wrap, and tomorrow getting the last minute baking and food prep ready soo I probably wont be online till after Xmas and the weEkend, so
WISHING YOU ALL A SAFE AND BLESSED CHRISTMAS!
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2009, 08:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Yes I will Sandi. I am on hold with BJs to find out if my card is still good or needs to be renewed. Gina & I plan to go there today.
I just realized I don't have any pumpkin pies in freezer so guess that is one thing I will be doing tomorrow.
Merry Christmas to all
Old 12-23-2009, 09:20 AM
Assistant Moderator

Sandi, love your tag, I bet you made it yourself too, didn't you?

the gd's are that age that can be a handful, yesterday I just wanted to pop them all, but I didn't. I'm working on a ticket program like we used to have, but not sure if that will work or not.
I pray I can handle it. LOL

it hard to believe tomorrow is christmas eve, this yr seemed to move so slow then all at once it started flying by. what happened?

the tree is up and decorated, it was a used tree and not all the parts were there, but we put that part to the back and the full part to the front, and it looks ver nice all decorated up.
we have a few things up for christmas decoration, and the girls like we do have. That's all that matters.

My dd was looking for a christmas gift from John but she couldn't find what she was wanting which is the book of the "Littlest angel". just thinking of that book, makes me cry, but it would of been a treasure.
I just hope I can get thru christmas,
and I have wonder how Donna Marie is doing, I've tried calling but didn't get a answer. Will try again tonight.

Last night we drove around to see some christmas lights, and tonight we will too.
The kids loves that part of christmas and I believe us grown up does too.

want to visit a few more threads then I got to get the kids to work on thier room, and I on the other part of the house.
DD is out with the youngest gd to shop and then will go grocier shopping.
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2009, 10:53 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Hey Felicia sorry you have to start day shifts...me,I prefer working nights too...Have a Merry Christmas...

Joy glad Paige is doing better since the surgery...Enjoy the holidays...

Patti prayers being said for Crystal...have you heard anything yet...I will make my pumpkin pies tomorrow...Happy Holidays...

Connie glad you got moved and are enjoying the "Stress Free Life from the In-Laws"...

Lauri I hope you are doing well...sorry your dh will be working on Christmas...

bar_bar glad you and your dd and granddaughters are moved in to the new place...I love seeing all the Christmas lights too...but here there are not many that have bothered to decorate...

Sammi so happy to read that your brother is home from the hospital...Have a wonderful Christmas...

Sandie I was on Facebook and then I wasn't but now I am back on it again...lol...not sure why I am but I am...hope you don't have to make any more trips to the stores this week...in Thunder Bay last week it was crazy in Walmart...I won't be going in to any stores until at least Jan. or February...lol

Hi to all I missed...sorry...

My son Jason,his wife Manon and their three kids,Trinity,Damien & Sabien are coming over tonight so the little ones will be able to open their gifts early...Won't see them on Christmas Day...Glen invited one of the guys he works with over for Christmas dinner on Friday...Greg is alone and it will be nice to see him again...

We are still getting snow and I am loving it...

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and All The Best in 2010...

Smiles & Hugs...
Old 12-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Assistant Moderator

Bill's Bean Fudge
1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter
1 2/3 cups mashed pinto beans
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 pounds powdered sugar
Melt together unsweetened baking cocoa and butter. Mix in thoroughly drained and mashed pinto beans, vanilla, and powdered sugar.
Place in a large, buttered, shallow baking pan with sides and chill until firm.
Makes 24 pieces.

If I remember right you will have to knead it. It is good. Not as sweet either.

We need cat litter of all things!! One of the cats is having a problem. Gross. I bought a self cleaning litter box and still have to clean it. LOL
Old 12-23-2009, 03:49 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hello All,
Yes it is I but in for a few secs cause I was here the other day read all the posts (2 1/2) and wrote out what I wanted to say and it bumped me off FC said I was not logged in and I was ther d-m I was mad so if this happens to me tonight I am through.
Okay thanks for all the support that you have given me with john's sickness and his death I greatly apreactaite all the cards that I got. You really know who your friends are.

Just wanted to say wishing you a happy hoildays from me & Boot (cat). this year I did nothing no lights, decoration or cards but wanted you my friends and family to hear from me that I am not off the plante. Hopefull 2010 will get a little better but never ever forgotten. I did get my car fixed and John's chair clean professionally. Since his death it has been rough with Thaksgiving, John's birthday Dec 6th and now Christmas. Just wanted to wish you a very nice hoilday. Hope (maybe) to be back some time late Jauary.
Love & Hugs, Donna-Maria & Boots

Old 12-23-2009, 03:51 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hooray made it thak God!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread