Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 08:47 AM

Bar-bar, congrats on the good grades. Think you did wonderful.
Very glad you and dd have found a place to live. I know it is hard to move but will help the healing process. One day at a time. I promise you things will get better.

Theresa, love the pics of your gdk's. Adorable.

Weny, I also loved the pic. So cute.

Sammi, I'm glad the dc boy and his sister are leaving. I can understand your feelings. You didn't fail. The stress you have been under with the boy will be gone. You won't have any trouble getting more kids.

Charlotte, praying your dh finds work soon.

Sueanne, hope you are feeling better.

Patti, sorry your dd had to miss her showing.

Cau, that was a nasty storm that hit us. More snow coming this week.

Ellen, glad you got to spend some time with your mom.

Think Buck is having a bad reaction to the pain meds. Not a good thing.

Hi to everyone.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:53 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Karen I just sent you a PM.
Congrats Barbar on the grades!!!!!!
Just a quick hi, will be back tomorrow to post more, Im not getting notices either, (but I think you have to post to get notices, lol) and I havent since last frday. anyhow have a good night all!!! Hugs
Old 12-14-2009, 08:26 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

wierd things have been happening w the notices I think...
Old 12-15-2009, 06:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning all.
It's been a few days since I have been online and I know I haven't been keeping up with this thread very well lately. Sorry.
I have been quite busy trying to get Paige finished with her semester at college. Yesterday she had two finals to write and since she can't drive I had to take some time off and take her. We actually left Sunday afternoon since we were expecting snow Sunday night into Monday morning. It is about a 2.5 hr drive and I didn't want to deal with bad roads and the pressure of getting there on time. As it turned out it was a smart move on our part as we had a bout 3" ( a bit of freezing drizzle first) over night with some wind. It made getting around on crutches most interesting too. I tried to get as close as possible to all the doors, but at her last final she had about a half a block to walk (uphill). In our hurry to get close as possible the car got locked (running) and it was illegally parked. I would have used the electronic keypad, but Dh had disconnected the battery early in the week and my number was not programmed in any more. I called a locksmith and about 30 mins. later a very nice gentleman showed up and within mins. I was back in my car.
Paige's last final wasn't over until 8pm and then another 2.5 hrs home. Needless to say I am being lazy this morning.
I did get some Christmas shopping done while she was taking test. I really hadn't done any shopping yet so that was a good thing. I still have things to finish and I think Christmas is coming faster then I will be ready for.
I hope everyone is doing well. I am going to try and read the past post so I know what has been happening with everyone.
Have a great day.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:25 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Good Morning everyone. Had my meeting with the college. Will see about starting classes in the spring. Most of my electives are covered. I have a science and social studies credits I need to fill up. Might take one of them first.

Felicia congrats on having all your Christmas shopping done.

Joy nice to hear from you. Hope Paige does well on her exams.

Charlotte
Old 12-15-2009, 08:28 AM
Nine Year Member

just here to vent right now

:non o:

i will be okay in a bit and be back on later and hopefully more reasonable

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 12-15-2009, 03:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Ellen,
Come on over and use my punching bag if you need to!!

hugs, train
Old 12-16-2009, 06:11 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Ellen I have a "damit doll" that you can beat up on. I use it at work all the time. LOL!!!

Got my presents mailed to the granddaughters. The weather is getting cold here again. Dh is working on a job interview. Hopefully he gets an interview out of this one. They don't put the position on hold. Dd #2 has a winter track meet tonight. They run on an indoor track at a local college. Not sure if I will make there to watch her tonight. I have so much to do. The traffic in the city is terrible right now with Christmas.

Charlotte
Old 12-16-2009, 06:34 AM
Nine Year Member

thank you train and charlotte, thankfully I have a supervisor who will stick up for his own and set the record straight

result of yesterday:

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 12-16-2009, 07:40 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone, I was just trying to read some back posts, I agree with Joy, Christmas is coming faster then I am ready for it, lol. I do have my shopping done, but havent finished wrapping and havent finished baking, does anyone know if CreamCheese Brownies freeze ok? Im just wondering with the cream cheese in them how they will be. I have to do my baking in batches, a little at a time, because my back really starts to bother me, if I do it all at once. Thought I would do the brownies and breads today and then all the cookies next week. Im almost thinking of just buying them(the cookies lol)
Well not much else going on here today, I have to run next door to my neighbors, she invited me over for coffee, (then she asked if I could trim her hair lol) thats ok I dont mind only takes a few minutes to do.Have a good day all HUGS

Closed Thread