November Friendship Flower thread - Page 22 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 04:11 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Well last night our old desktop computer got some kind of virus on it. We pretty much can't use it. Dh is so mad. So I guess we will be computer shopping this weekend. He can't look for jobs with out a computer. Life is never easy.

Charlotte
Old 11-18-2009, 05:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone, Thanks DebK for posting the pumpkin pie spice recipe, I made a "trial" pumpkin pie, (I wanted to see how a sugarless one came out using splenda) well, I didnt have as much splenda left as I thought so I used, sweet n lo packets, and SF maple syrup to sweeten it. There is no more pie left (I made it yesterday lol) Darryl loved it. Im just cutting out sugar completely, not because either one of us are diabetic, but its healthier, and diabetes does run in Darryls family . I also made SF pumpkin bread, and SF bannana breads. Honestly I cant tell the difference, I did find that adding the SF maple syrup, does add a little something as well.
Im behind here, sorry, will try and read back to catch up whats going on with everyone, right now I need a hazelnut coffee, and have to wash the kitchen floor, Im so looking forward to that lol.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:12 AM
Assistant Moderator

Last night was our group speech, think it went well.
Asked my computer teacher,of right now what is my grade ave, it was a C. He told me I've came a long way vs where I was in the beginning so to continue to hang on.
I have to hang on, college will soon be over with. Thank goodness too. We only have about 5- 6 more classes, then school is out.
It went by so fast too, in many ways, and then in others oh, goodness it didn't go by fast enought. LOL
I made be disappointing alot of folks for not going back, but right now I need a break. I need to get rid of some of the anxiety feelings, and depression.
some situations are occuring too, that I may need to be home more than college.
I need to figure out what I want out of my life and to have time to re-group then go from there.

Sipping my coffee and eating my sugar toast as I'm looking over the posts, then I need to send out emails on the reseach project we are doing for our Rainforest geography paper.
think I've mention, I'm the reseacher, and the other 2 girls are putting it together.

Test tomorrow night in Geography, at this moment I just want to pass this class, but I will be totally shocked if I do.

Patti, sorry that the sink is still broken, It is the kitchen or the bath sink. What are you doing for a sink with this one being out of service?

Looks as if today will be another chilly day but not as cold as the last 2 days.
ONce I get warm, it is sleepy weather, wraped up in heavy blankets and snooze.

More later, have a wonderful day ladies.
Attached Images

Old 11-18-2009, 11:12 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone im sorry i havent posted latly i want to go back and read what i have missed but it will be a few more days cant see to read very well yet.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Nine Year Member

Been pretty busy the last few days didn't have much time to post.
This is the time of the year for all the doctor visits and checkups. Tomorrow I go for my Mammo. I will feel better when I get my report back.

Karen.....Sorry to hear about your eye injury. How did it happen? Glad You are feeling better.

bar_bar....Good idea to take a break fow awhile from classes. You need time to relax now and gain your strength. Glad You were able to move in with a friend.

ellenmellon....You will be surprised how good You will feel at seventy. All the stress from working and taking care of family will level off. More time to relax and enjoy time with Dh.

Dh has been busy at DS house fixing the toilet from overflowing in the tank. Bought all new parts and removed the old ones in the tank. Bending and attaching everything took more time for him now, but at least He was proud He accomplished it and saved money

Now they eliminated the ball in the toilet tank making it easier to work. Had the septic tank cleaned to keep that working too. Got there early but the company truck broke down and they were a few hours late. Hate when they don't call to let you know whats wrong. I did call and said i would get someone else if they thought they could not make. Since we already had it all dug out to save them time they were there within the hour.

Donna Marie ....Keeping you in my prayers.

The weather has been perfect no afternoon showers to worry about.
_______
Sueanne

Old 11-18-2009, 02:06 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi Sueanne Dh and I were wrapping grapvine to make a tree and it snapped and hit me in the left eye hard

Old 11-18-2009, 03:12 PM
Assistant Moderator

Theresa, Sherri knows you are there for her and thatís the most important thing. I hope your cold is better. That is great that glen is getting the glass drill to help you with your glass blocks.

Felicia, what a sweetie your dh is to bring you home two new vacuums. I used to have a Bissell carpet cleaner and it worked great but I gave it to my brother when the new carpeting we bought couldnít be steam cleaned. Glad you are having some great weather. And that is so cool you got to see Stephen King. I have been watching him promote his new book on talk shows and I love his sense of humor. He is very witty.

Patti, glad to hear your weather hasnít gotten too cold yet. Hope your sink gets fixed soon.

Donna (dval) We miss you!! Hope things are going well despite the busy Ėness.

Charlotte, how come it took double the time to get to work? Sounds like it is good you will be on vacation next week. You deserve the break. And I had to laugh about the 2 yo being tiring. Makes me feel better about being exhausted at the end of every day! LOL Hope your dh can find a new computer and that it isnít too expensive. I donít think I could live without mine yet it is getting old.

Sandie, I have read most of Stephen Kingís books too, just not the last 3 I think. I started Liseyís Story and just couldnít get into it so have set it aside and will go back to it. Sounds like your baking without sugar is coming out really well. I should definitely give it a try. Have you ever tried using Stevia?

DebK, I hope you are feeling better and that your migraine has gone away. Very cool that you and Paige got to go see the Rockettes. And to come home to a very clean house must have been awesome. Kudos to your dh and dss! And isnít it great to get to cuddle a dc baby and have them to play with but get to send them home at night so you get a good nightís sleep! I canít wait to get my ďbaby fixĒ

Ellen, I am kind of glad to know I am not the only one feeling all those aches and pains in my 40ís (though I am pushing 50) Jeeze, I didnít think I would be like this until my 70ís! My kids laugh at me when I walk slowly on ice etc. and I tell them, ďif you fall, you get up and are fine, if I fall I might break something!Ē I long for the days when sleep came easy and I could do whatever I wanted without some ache or pain later.

Bar_Bar, sounds like you are making some very wise choices for your life. I am glad school is going well for you but totally understand you wanting a break. It will always be there when and if you decide to go back. I think Geography would be a tough class for me too! I am glad you have some good friends around you to help you plus your Red Hat Society.
Barbszy, I am so glad I am not the only one who hasnít started Christmas shopping yet. I still have 4 birthdays to get through first! I am sorry to hear you need surgery but glad it is scheduled AFTER the holidays. I hope everything goes well and that you will have a quick recovery. Have you heard from your big ds yet and how he is doing on his trip?

Cau, I love the idea of making Christmas simple and meaningful this year. I know I am definitely cutting way back. Sounds like you are going to have a great holiday season.

Lauri, hope you are having a good week.

Karen, I am sorry to hear about your eye injury. Hope you are better soon. Eye injuries can be scary.

Sueanne, glad you are getting all the doctorís appointments done. Hope your mammogram goes well. I always hate waiting for the results too. Sounds like your dh has been very busy but I am sure your ds appreciates all the help.

Busy week. One of my dc kids is still out sick (the one who threw up here last Friday? Neither the school nor me will let him come back until he is 24 hours without a temperature and today he still was over 99. I canít take any chances. Only had two dc kids today but sometimes two can seem like 20. Ds2 got his report card and he is failing two classes. I have talked to both teachers but they didnít let me know about this until it was too late to do anything about it. I am hoping I can get ds2 to get his act together for the next quarter. Today he comes home from school and tells me he has a sports banquet to attend tonight and that he needs to bring food. He has no details and gives me less than two hours notice. So, I sent him with store bought cookies and since I already made dinner here, he is eating there and the rest of us are at home. I think parents were supposed to go to this banquet but since ds2 didnít tell us anything we didnít go. I feel sort of bad but it is too late now. Did talk to ds1 this week and he is doing well. He is changing his major from Zoology to Wildlife Ecology which he thinks he will like better and he wonít lose any credits or need any extra credits for this change. He has been having trouble sleeping so I think coming home for Thanksgiving will be good for him. I havenít seen him in a couple months so canít wait. We will all be going to Maine to my sister in laws. I have just been busy with work and the usual chores. Time to go clean up the kitchen from dinner. Have a great evening everyone.

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 11-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi All,
I just popped in to say Thank You for all the prayers and thoughtfulness, phone calls, and many cards that I have received during this time you are one great family to have better then mind. Anyways I am going to take a month or so off for a bit hope you all understand, I have been busy going here and there and getting all paperwork together everyday. I will be back but Thanksgiving, John's birthday is Dec 6th and then there is Christmas just ain't ready for all that wound is to fresh. Hope you all have a nice hoilday for all.
Hugs, DM

Old 11-18-2009, 08:58 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

subbing...
Old 11-19-2009, 12:28 AM
Nine Year Member

DM - we'll look forward to your return.

Thank you Sueanne and Sammi, both your inputs are reassuring, one because there is hope and the other because at least I know my pains are shared! Yes the stress of raising these two does cause me some health setbacks and they aren't even bad kids. DH and I have had go rounds just this week with trying to convince them not to go to a gal's house over the holiday. The bf does not keep a totally clean environment and I fear the worst for them. The kids think I am overreacting but then what was the last 50 years of experience for but to warn them of potential hotspots in their lives. I do so wish and pray that they would listen to the two voices of reason that God has given them (their parents!).

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."

Closed Thread