October Friendship Flower - Page 33 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 05:46 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Ellen yes the older teens and early 20's are hard years. I have 3 children in them right now. The 4th on and oldest is closer to his 30's now is finally realizing family and the future is top priority. He still has to have his little sports car that doesn't fit the whole family. LOL!! Some men never grow up!

The school has the regular flu going around. So far dh and I both have got colds. Dd #2 is healthly as a horse. Probably all the running she does.

This weekend dh and I are home alone. We went out and did some dancing last night. Today we will do some shopping. Ds #1 called this morning. I asked him for a christmas list from the granddaughters. He asked if it was ok to put mostly clothes on the list. Both girls need that more then toys. We told them that is fine with us. I would rather buy clothes for them then toys. I don't know to many kids that don't have to many toys!!!

I bought a new bedspread and curtains for dd #1's room. Dh asked my why she needs new stuff when she isn't living here much because of college. I took him in dd's bedroom and showed him the curtains. They are the same curtains that I bought her when she was 2 yrs old and went from a crib to a bed. They have carousel horses on them. He agreed she needs new stuff. Can you tell I am not a shopper!

Well time to get some stuff done. Have a great weekend everyone.

Charlotte
Old 10-24-2009, 08:50 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Patti I thought it was the best answer to give that snotty woman...lol...Glen didn't think it was funny but when I told my son what I said,he thought it was really funny...lol

Ellen I am the one with the cold feet all the time...lol...poor Glen he gets my cold feet against him all the time...Hey I could put up my Christmas tree now too...

Charlotte glad you had a nice time dancing...hope both you and your dh get over those colds...

Woke up with a cold...how did that happen??? Feel rotten...and today is my son's Birthday...Jason is 28 today...oh I feel old now...lol

Smiles & hugs...
Old 10-24-2009, 11:05 AM
Assistant Moderator

We have a appt to look at some houses on Friday. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL The kids and I could go down on Monday but we will wait for dh to go with us.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Connie that sounds exciting!!!

Felicia

Old 10-24-2009, 01:21 PM
Assistant Moderator

The kids have gone through thier clothes. We went through the yard and shed. I cleaned the bathroom.... packed up what I could.

check this out and this and this
and this and this
Old 10-24-2009, 02:22 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi to all sorry I can't post just to let you know what is going on my life is upside down and inside out. Was told tonight I look very very tired will I am I did manage to get him what he wanted chinese Food and he ate it with him friend roland Sr. Oh I collasped in the nurses arm Friday but am ok now just so darn tired sorry. Well just know that I love you all and miss you all.
Hugs & Love

Saturday Oct 24th 6 PM

Hi,
Just an update and if you do not want to read delete please do not wan to upset anyone. John's brother & wife was here on Thursday of this week so all have said good-bye and know what is going on. Hospice is here during the week but I have him nights and weekend and it is tough can't really sleep cause he get's up and does not wake me up and I found him on the found last night scary that is for sure had to get help at 1 AM in the morning to get him help by neighbors but he is doing I hope ok goes from one extreme to the other. I know time right now do not know and everyone ask me do you think hell how do I know but they (hospice said) it could be soon, so if I am not on someone if want will get a hold of my family and friends. sorry for the downers but my heart is breaking and I am very very tired. Hope all understands.
Hugs & Love to All
DM

Old 10-24-2009, 04:31 PM
Nine Year Member

My heart hurts with you Donna Marie, and I am thinking of you all the time. God bless you and John in your days that remain, glad to hear he is seeing family and friends. I hope you can get a little bit of rest in between it all.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 10-24-2009, 08:36 PM

Donna Marie, prayers for you and John.

Theresa, that was a good answer to that rude woman.
It is not unusual to see people wearing face masks around this area.
We do have swine flu here and some schools have closed.

Connie, how exciting. I looked at the first two houses. The third link was the same house as the second and the fouth I couldn't open.
Wow, all the way to Kansas.
Congrats to your dh. When will you be moving?

They got snow up North. We got over an inch and a half of rain.
We had a relaxing day. We never unlocked the back door. Buck never left the house today. That has to be a first.
We had chicken, potato salad and sliced tomatos for supper.

Hi to everyone.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:19 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

I am wondering if anyone here makes homemade cards, like for birthdays, thank you, and so on? I am wanting a special thank you card for Bobby and his wife for them being witnesses for our vow renewal. I can buy a nice card at the store, but I like the cards that I get here from FC that are homemade. If you make homemade cards and are willing for me to hire you to make one, soon, please email or PM me. I would GREATLY appreciate it.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:48 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Donna Marie my prayers go out to you and Jon. Please try to rest when you can.

Dd #1 called yesterday and she is sick and ds#1 called and he is sick. Sounds like they both have the flu. I have been checking up on dd #1 sense she is at college and mom can't be there. I was so much wanted to go get her yesterday. But she has a few friends that are making sure she has what she needs. I will call her later this morning and check up on her. Dh and myself are feeling better.

Tonight is the Halloween parade in town. Not sure if dh and I will go. It finally stopped raining and the sun is out.

Dh and I did some stocking up grocery shopping yesterday at bj's. Sense we aren't getting the steer till February or later. My freezers are pretty empty. So we went and bought a lot of meat at bj's and stocked up.

Need to do laundry and cleaning today.

Charlotte

Closed Thread