October Friendship Flower - Page 26 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 02:25 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi All,
Just want to let you all know what is happening I am so sorry that I have not been around much but. I did go to wal mart last week for 4 hrs (long drive) but I enjoyed being by myself but still worried. Just a quick up date that Dr was Here adn I talk to the nurse from ospitce and told here and she also came (thank God) so she knows about the Dr. John is sleeping alot and don't want to get out of bed and food he ain't much interested in but I give him some soft food now. His brother and wife are suppose to be here next thursday AM I hope and pray. Here is the email I sent to some friends.

October 15th 2009

Hi,
Just wanted to let you know that today the Dr came to the house dues to John fell on Saturday coming in and I needed help getting him up from the pavement but I I had to call the Haskell's men (his neighbor's) to get him up and we have decided that he is now IF he wants to go out then he is going to need help beside me. He is now down to 140 lbs since 3 weeks ago. The nurse from hospice Knol-Well http://www.penbayhealthcare.org/knowallin/ was here also we have a lot of people here everyday which is help for me also. He is stats quid right now can do things for himself at time but other forget it and I let him but get's tired. He has also seen the minister this week and said he is ok to go he did what he wanted to to see his son and GK "s all 4 . Hope all got those wonderful pictures I took. They now have a contract with us for 1 year and if something happens they are here for me also.
If and when anyone would like to come up be more then welcome he is sitting in his recliner chair wants to go for Chinese food soon (but money wise ain't happening this month but like he told them he don't want it delivered he wants to go, still stubborn LOL and got some wit too. My son has called more often to talk to him and that makes him happy and he loves hearing from him and about the family. so as long as that happens great for his mind but if he has another seizure that could be it so we hope not. We have stop taking his blood sugar for this new med is driving it over 500 so they told me to stop stressing b oth of us out and do not take.
Well thought I would let you all know it is just a day to day thing and like they said everything is in place for time now and all phone numbers too. I am all right just hard to get use to a lot of people coming in and out and then the weekend he is mind LOL. But that is ok. If you do not want anymore emails from me to let you know his update please let me know I know it is hard on all of you that really care but just know I am doing my best for him and comfort and too me also. take a look at what these people do and know that he is in the best case finally.
For all my friends on my boards please let them know. and everyone has my email and phone number. Know that you all care and it was the best Florida trip that anyone could give to him thanks all. John and I have had many great years with family and trip and that is memories especially this last Florida trip to see his whole family and football games.
I know I have a lot of people on my boards I have missed but know I am thinking of you all. I am on Facebook most of the time also so leave a message of just email me. too all that has sent those lovely post cards John loves them thank you. well better go now almost supper time and I have to make supper for both of us.
Hugs & Love
Donna-Maria & John Sr & Dad

Attached Images

Old 10-17-2009, 02:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Donna Maria, How are you today, how is John? Is he okay with having all the people who are coming in to help? Your husband is such a sweet man! I hope he's having a good day. Be sure to give John a hug for me and tell him I said hello.

It's biketober once again here in Daytona Beach Florida. I went down yesterday and today, there's a real lot of bikers here. Had a good time and ate the most delicious pork sandwich!

Bar_Bar congrats on that A !!!!!

My shoulder is sore once again. I pulled a muscle unloading the truck that we got in and it's been hurting on and off for a week. I get it okay and then I have to do truck again!! I guess I'm not a spring chicken anymore, I have to take it easy.

Have a good night.
Felicia

Old 10-17-2009, 04:02 PM
Nine Year Member

I think I've finally figured out how to get something done....just think of something you want or have to do even less and then the first thing will become desirable. coupons or studying??? hmmmm....

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 10-17-2009, 09:03 PM
Nine Year Member

Patti Happy Birthday!
Old 10-17-2009, 09:23 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

sorry
love you
hang in there
happy canadian thanksgiving
happy birthday.
have fun on your trip
Good for you!
that was mean
be careful
that was nice
snow, you are kidding!
that sounds good.
That is sad,
Good luck with that.
congratulations
I want pumpkin bread
I hope that doesn't happen
thats wonderful
thats too bad. Love ya!
love ya love ya
love ya

hugs, sleepytrain
Old 10-18-2009, 04:26 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Ellen I love to grocery shop. When I spend the time to be frugal and see the savings I get a great thrill. I love to cook and bake. The kitchen is my place to hang when I am home.

Donna Marie I am so glad you are getting help. Take 1 day at a time and enjoy every moment with John.

Felicia I love pork sandwiches. Now I am hungry for 1!!!

We went to dd#1's concert last night it was very nice. We drove 1 1/2 hrs for 1 hour concert and then back 1 1/2 hrs to home. Dh wasn't feeling very well. He drove in the rain both ways. I felt bad for him but he didn't want me to drive. I have a hard time driving at night especially in the rain. But the drive is mostly high way so it isn't to bad. He slept in some this morning. Hopefully he feels better today.

I have to give ds#2's girlfriend a ride to work soon. I want to do some baking today. The weather is cold and rainy here again. Not much else going on.

Charlotte
Old 10-18-2009, 05:26 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Train you crack me up!

Its cool out here, feels like a crisp new england day and its sooo nice!

Felicia

Old 10-18-2009, 05:52 AM
Nine Year Member

Train ....That said it ALL!!

Felicia....Us older folks felt the change right away in our bones. Had to put the heat on this morning the house was 60*. Hate the smell when you first put it on after being off all summer. Now my eyes feel dry.

Only 50* outside now but it should warm up to upper 60s this afternoon. Should be in the 70s tomorrow than back to normal 80s.

Going to a memorial this afternoon for another one of my girlfriends that passed away. They will be having a get together at the Club House with refreshments and a sermon.

Sad to see so many older leaving us. Her Husband is going to be donating His time at the Hospital helping others with theraphy.

Making a big pot of bean soup putting moisture back into the air and smells good.

Did use the GT express 101 that I bought yesterday at the flea market. Made a chicken and mushroom sandwich from leftovers. Cooked fast and very moist inside used whole wheat bread. Does anyone else have one?

Donna Maria.....Glad John's brother & wife will be coming on thursday. I am sure He will enjoy the visit with them. You are doing a good job taking care of John. We are all here for You.
________
Sueanne

Last edited by Sueanne; 10-18-2009 at 05:57 AM.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:26 AM
Assistant Moderator

Sueanne, I am sorry you lost a girlfriend. Hugs.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Nine Year Member

Just came back from the Memorial for my friend Josephine. There were at least two hundred people. They showed movies on the screen of Her life with Her family.

Was surprised all the food that was prepared. Baked Ziti, salads, fruit all kinds of cakes and cookies. Everyone lined up and were served as they passed through.

The eulogy was said by friends and family. She was 86 yrs. old and loved by everyone.
This is indeed a great place to live in. They all act like family to each other since most of their family is back up North.
The room was cleaned and prepared after the flea market to get ready for this by volunteers.

Everyone left thinking who will be next You could see it in their faces.
________
Sueanne

Closed Thread