September Friendship Flower - Page 6 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 07:44 PM
Nine Year Member

everyone
Sammi - Sorry your friend died. It's good she and her family had a chance to say their goodbyes.

Felicia - Your grandson is :cute:

Theresa - Mmmmm... bread & butter pickles... My uncle used to make his own. Way better than the ones in the supermarket. Garlic dill sounds good, too.

My son said the bus he was on today had only middle school kids and the bus with high school kids was right behind his bus. It was still crowded though not as bad.

My friend Robin is going to talk to the school. She thinks she should be in 9th again, too. My son said there is a kid in his class that got all F's and he still passed into the 8th grade. They just put him on another team with the not-as-smart kids. Unreal! Susan has until the 12th grade to take the summer school English course (basically 2 more chances to take it). Her mom is making her save up her own money to pay for the summer school.

Time for me to get to bed now. Good night everyone

Old 09-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Assistant Moderator

I am so excited I can't think about the posts I just read. I will comment on them tomorrow I promise!!
I was asked to speak at a college about alternitive medicine. Wow. Of course I said yes. I don't know how I will ever get to sleep tonight. I will get more details tomorrow. I promised an outline to this woman on Monday. Imagine that, respect for my passion! I haven't stopped smiling all night.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Today seems to going much better than yesterday. I am working from home on obtaining patient equipment, etc. And on continuing competence exercises. I have to go and fax one report (I really need to invest in a fax machine) and pick up another report.

Dh is taking ds to the Panthers/Steelers preseason game tonight. It is a surprise and once he finds out, I don't think you could drag him from the stadium.

I hope everone is having a good day today. I will post more later.

Take care all.

Deb

It is important to follow our dreams as a tribute to those who were forbidden to follow theirs. - Unknown

Old 09-03-2009, 07:47 AM
Assistant Moderator

reading as well as scanning.
Yesterday had to do a endurance test on the treadmill, it almost did me in. It was for 1 mile. I was so excited that it showed the 1 mile, that I hit the stop button before looking at what my heart beat was. Now I have to do it over again next week.
My ankles and legs are not hurting as much as I thought they would be, but they are still very sore.

I received an extra credit on my geoography as I had my son n law to help me to find the answer to a question. and was the first to get it in. Now I have to show the class the forumal. LOL
thank goodness I wrote it down.

Went yesterday to get my fingerprints done, and will hear back in 2-3 days on how that went. Then I can start subbing.

Just trying to get used to college is something else.

My speech class, will start next week on making speeches in class, I'm #17 to do one.
It will be open for whatever we want it to be on. The subject will be on interest. I think I may do one on REd hat's, or who knows I may do one on the website of Family Corner.
I haven't decided yet on what my interest will be... Got alot of them, grandchildren, the nursing home ministry, etc.

cermanic we finished up our stamps, now we are working on bottles, LOL, my 3rd attemp, and it still so far away from looking like a bottle, thank goodness the teacher is nice enought to start me over again. LOL
At least when she did this, I saw where I was goign wrong at.

Monday we are off from college, so I'm thinking of doing a garage sale Sat and Monday.. it seems to be a good time to do one. I need to do one to get the money and to free up my little shed.

more later, hugs and more ....
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

G'Mornin' everyone! Well, It's mornin out here in California! My clock!

I want to thank you all for the sweet notes you emailed me about my uncle!
I am doing better today, still sad but not mopey sad how I've been since Monday.

Today is his visitation in Kentucky. I wish I could be there.
We were there last summer though, , mom and I, for my Uncle Roberts funeral and I got to see Uncle Jack then. They are all on my moms side.

I am getting out of the house, which will help. Mom and I are FINALLY going to the movie "Julie and Julia" today. Been talking about it for weeks!
Also going to the library and over to the bowling alley.
I need a new stack of nonfiction.
I need to go tell Margie, at the bowling alley, that I got absoultely ZERO interest in my bowling club. Thats A Bummer!

Happymom, so good to hear your DD is enjoying college!

Theresa, how are you enjoying the book, "My sister's Keeper?"
It's playing at the dollar theatre.
I may go see that one, too.

Dval, it sounds like your town and church have alot of really fun festivals. My parents have lived all over the place. They both like Wisconsin the best because of all the fun ethnic festivals they had there. Your town sounds similiar. Thye also say people were the friendliest there of every where they have lived.

Sharon, is the ethnic festival you are going to over in Milwaukee by any chance? That is where my mom and dad lived.

Sammi, I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friends sister. So sad.

Barbar, silly you! You were not supposed to hit the stop button! LOL!!
Good news though, now that you have done a "practice test" you will do better the second time!!!!!
You know I am very proud of you!

Bleubird, I can hear your excitement right thru the screen! Good luck with your speech!

Patti, how was your day over to the wolf lodge or whatever it was called??

Punky, welcome to the friendship thread and to Family Corner! I know you will love it here!

One more note before I grab my purse and scadaddle,
I always knew you were a lunatic, Theresa!!!! LOLOLOL!!!!!! Love ya!!!

hugs, train
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Well, getting ready for 2 birthdays tomorrow as well as my 16th wedding anniversary. Been wrapping gifts and going to make the cake tonight. Hubby brought home leftover cupcakes from work, as they had a party for all the Sept. birthdays, and he is one of them. As Tomorrow is his birthday. My birthday is on Labor Day this year. Our daughter's birthday is also tomorrow too. It is a busy month. I did get all my shopping done, hubby is finishing his shopping today for me. Been doing Fall cleaning and straightening out the garage, it is a never ending task though, as hubby just puts things everywhere in there. Once I straight it he make it a mess again. Oh well, at least he is keeping the car clean, since I cleaned it out this Summer. We share one car and believe you me, he is the messier one of the two of us. I'm so glad he is finally keeping it clean and throwing out his trash himself. Weird thing is he isn't like that at home. Well, better get more done here. Just thought I would say hi, been very busy here. God bless you all.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:22 AM

Theresa, I think we should call you the pickle lady. LOL

Train, I'm glad your going to Julie & Julia. You will enjoy it.
The Ethic Fest I'm going to is right here in town. The one in Milwaukee is a whole lot bigger. I would love to go to it but Buck doesn't care for driving in Milwaukee and I hide under the dash. LOL
Sorry to hear there was no interest in your bowling club. I think that would have been fun.

Wow Denahowy you have been busy!!!

Connie, contrats. I can tell how excited you are.

Dinsky, glad today is going better for you.

Bar_bar, your classes sound like so much fun.

Felicia, it does sound like the change but 10 days of cramps and sore breasts seems to be too much. But it was a long time ago that I went through that.

Punky, I'm not really all that ambitious, but I know it needs to be done. So I may as well get started.

Today I'm defrosting the upright freezer in the basement. A job I really dislike. I have to take everything out of the freezer. Glald it only has to be done once a year.
I'm going to try to get a couple more windows and blinds done this afternoon.
The lake is calm today, so maybe the guys will be going fisihing. That would be nice. Gives me more time to get things done as I won't
have to worry about supper. Was going to make chop suey today, then realized the meat for that is at the bottom of a large clothes basket with lots of stuff piled on top of it. LOL so I thought forget that!

Hi to everyone.

Last edited by seleach; 09-03-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:03 PM
Nine Year Member

Sharon an etnic fest sounds like so much fun.
Connie I am so happy about you being asked to do a speach.
Train I love that lil kitten.
Theresa I agree you are the pickle lady.
Busy at work. So glad tomorrow is Friday. DD is coming with the gks on Saturday. I will get up early (maybe!?!?) Sat am and get my grocery shopping done. We are going to my mom and dads on Sunday.
Have a great evening all.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 09-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi All,
Yes I am on vacation and the weather has been GREAT I am going to post some pictures that I have taken in my Photo Album for all to see alot of resting for me with some driving John is doing ok really has a hard time getting in and out of seats and car and if he would let me take him by the back of his belt on his pants but very stubborn nope ain't saying proud. I have scanned some of the post and will try to answer but if I miss anyone sorry(:

Sandie glad mom is doing better but you won't be out of the woods just yet girl but glad she is going home but still alot of work my best to you girl I know the feeling it has been since last Oct for me and still going on it does not get easy.
Sharon man lady you start early on Fall cleaning better start mind when I go home LOL. Glad you enjoyed you vacation.
Theresa Yum on your pickles and stuff glad Glen fixed the tent/screen house for ya enjoy.
Karen love your birthday idea reallly don't wish mind all month not at this age LOL
Bar Bar good going on the college.
Hello to the new person you will enjoy it here.
DeBora you are a great lady for all you are doing with your GKS you do all grandparents a service.
We will be returning on early Sunday evening I have tried to post a photo of John and I but it would not let me oh well. Wishing all a Happy & Safe Labor Day.
Hugs All

Old 09-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Nine Year Member

all

Connie - So happy for you!! Good luck!

Dinsky - You should see about getting software for your computer to receive faxes (I've used Delrina WinFax with Windows95). Or you could get on of those all-in-one machines that include a fax machine(Canon MultiPass is one I've had).

bar_bar - Next time...don't hit stop Good luck on your yard sale. Sounds like your having fun in school.

Train - There are a lot of ethnic festivals around here. Only a couple are in my town. There is going to be a greek festival in a week and we are planning to go. There is also an Italian one at the end of the month I think but we've never been to that one. We usually go to the Polish one in August (we missed it this year). Sorry you didn't get any bites on your bowling league.

Debk - Was it you that went to see Great Big Sea? They are playing at the Heritage Festival this weekend in northern RI.

Well, the bus saga continues. Today, Jason missed his bus. The published pick up time at his stop (the second stop for the bus) is 6:58. He showed up at the stop at 6:50. The woman we know up the street came out and told him the bus came at 6:45! Over 10 minutes early! I am so MAD !! I called the bus company and left a message. Still have not heard from them. Tonight, I sent an email to the principal. I will make sure Jason is at the stop at 6:45 tomorrow morning. I don't mind the early time, I'm just mad they moved up the time without notifying anyone. The school site still shows the original time.

Tomorrow morning is my appt with the physical therapist. Sat I have a hair appt. It looks like the weekend will be beautiful. It will be good weather for parade watching.

Time for bed. Good night all

Closed Thread