September Friendship Flower - Page 28 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 05:33 AM
Nine Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dval

Good news ... He is home
His kidney's are working again and the calcium count is back to normal. him of late appears to be gone also. The doctor told him he was severely dehydrated.

Thank you all for your prayers!

dval...So happy for your DH. It is so important to drink plenty of water especially in the summer. Glad He is back home.
Continued prayer for Your DH & You.
_______
Sueanne

Old 09-20-2009, 10:34 AM
Nine Year Member

well, I tried to go back and read 27 pages worth of Sept. news, couldn't get it all in. Sounds like everyone started September off with a bang and has continued the same way.
I think September started off slow for us-still no work for SIL and DH, DD#1 started cosmotology school before the dgk's started school. She likes it, comes home every thursday with something new done to her hair and her face made up. She's doing English online and is presently working on a paper about the Health Care Reform-she couldn't really locate the info she was looking for in the bills published online, so she had to go at it from another area-not real sure what she's actually writing about yet.
All the gk's are doing well in school so far. My dgd#2 may have problems later in the year-she's very slow and methodical about her work-she'll get the work right, but gets it done after everyone else is finished. This will hurt her when they start timing things, I hope she'll be able to pick up her speed.
At the start of the month everyone was talking about birthdays. My dgs#3 had his birthday on the 14th, bd party on the 13th-which we had to miss-he's 3yr. and cute as a button-even if he does take after his dad instead his mom (my dd#2)
News on the workfront-I've applied and been interviewed at work for a new position-called Zone Merchandise Supervisor. This involves alot of work-supervising several departments, instead of just one; the money is better too-which is what I need. There is a great challenge to succeed with it-but the penalty is great if I fail the job. Oh well, have to get it first. There are about 20 of us applying for it and there's only 7 of these positions. Only currect dept. heads and assistant managers were eligible to apply for it-the assistants also had a choice to apply for a shift manager (used to be co-manager) position that needs to be filled. Wal*mart's making some changes-these management positions have changed in the western stores-now it's hitting the east coast. Since the other stores I've talked to had it happen pretty quick, I expect to find out something in the next two weeks-hope it doesn't interfere with my Oct. vacation though.
One of my co-workers and friend has also applied for this position. We both need it, but she needs it more than I do-I'm hoping we both can get one of the 7. I've already put her on the prayer request. She lost her car insurance (on her car) because she'd been out of work for almost 3 months due to medical issues. They were able to keep insurance on her dd's car, but it now needs some major work and the guy they're buying it from is also their mechanic-he won't release the car now until the work is done-mainly brakes and tires. He's right of course, but they need transportation. I'm able to get my friend to and from work-as long as they let her work my hours; but I can't help her dd. Almost 3 years ago, this family was homeless-moving from different friends and relatives homes; 2 years ago Jamie finally was able to rent a home for her and her kids; she was able to replace her broken down car and last summer she was able to purchase a car for her dd to use for work and school. She's backslid a bit, but she's a fighter and a Believer. Just wish there was more I could do for her-just as she would like to be able to something for me and my family too.
Well, this has gone on longer than I had planned so I'll stop and check back later.
take care all, Pam
Old 09-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Nine Year Member

Dval---So happy to hear your dh is home. Continued prayers for him.
Bar_bar---Good luck with your speech.
Pam---I hope you get the job.
Sammi---Hoping your systems works with your difficult day care child.
Connie---Keep us posted on the business. Keeping my fingers crossed and saying prayers for you.
I can't remember all I read. Our Walmart doesn't have the fabric section anymore either. And I also use a hand held can opener. I never had any luck using the electric. LOL
Think of all of you often. Have a great day.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 09-20-2009, 01:37 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi All,
Well today is Sunday and we are still in Florida and we will be here for at least till the 29th or 30th is today as to what I was told. This house today is a mad house football game and with 7 teenages and 2 men I just went into the pool. John Jr goes back tomorrow and Chris also so the house will be ours and maybe I can get it cleaned up a little WOW what a disaster it is where is falls it lays. So I go around and pick it up so John Sr does not trip on it with the walker. He is doing fine. So I jumped on the computer while they are watching TV and water is boiling for Spagetti and my son made 8- meatballs so what a night this will be. Will try and jump in when I can.
Hugs all.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Remembering Margaret....................it will be two years ago tomorrow that she went to heaven.
We love you jrztomatoe.

Dval, I was catching up on posts when I saw that Keith was in the hospital.....I got so worried and then I saw your post that he is home and OK! Praise God! I know you had to be so worried.
So sorry about your shoulder. I hope it is not your bowling arm.
As for your advice on bowling, well, I am laughing a LOT so must be doing well! LOL!!

DM, I am glad to hear you and John had a safe trip to Florida. Enjoy your family.

Joy, hugs to your daughter. I am sorry for the loss of her roomates dad.

As posted by Seleach:
Quote:
I do have a farm and I live in Yoville. I think you should join, too...
LOL!! I would NEVER get off the computer!!!!

Anyone remember/ like the Nitty Gritty Dirt band? They are playing at the fair next week and we are considering going. We are going to see Crystal Gayle another night.

We had a small wedding to go to today, Unusual to have a Sunday wedding at church but they were older and it was just a small ceremony right after their church service.

Mark nearly had a heart attack today screaming for Mark Martin and the Chargers.
That boy.

hugs, train

Last edited by trainlady; 09-20-2009 at 09:07 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Assistant Moderator

dval, glad your dh is home. glad things looks positive
D M, it was good to see a post from you. do not over do yourself, this suppose
to be time to relax, enjoy the family and John.
Donna, you are so right, we do love Margaret, and I do miss her. Know she is up
there talking to John and vice versa. it seems longer than 2 yrs.

well my paper is done, and I send it to my best friend to look at the grammer for me. She is my dear friend that is always there to help when she can.

still no grades posted on speech or geography test. Our health grade for test as well as the papers we turned in for homework was. I did ok there. A " C" on the test but on the other I did a 100.

our bottles in cermanics been graded and I made a 100 there. Now we are working on coil bottles where you see the coils.
I was going to try to do a trianle but it went a little south so I'm not sure what shape it is. LOL..

DD stayed the night with husband, so I'm hoping things are better now for them, only time will tell.
the youngest gd called me tonight as she was stayign with a friend.
I need to think about bed, as in the morning I need to do more homework.
I did waShing today, 3 loads. so I'm caught up.

see yall later.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:38 AM
Assistant Moderator

Denahowy, glad your dh is feeling better. Isn’t it funny how when moms get a day off, we still never sleep in.

Connie, hope you get good news about renting the retail space.

Bar_Bar, sounds like you are doing really well in school. Hope you get good grades on your tests. Also hope you get the call system worked out so you get the subbing calls. Hope things are getting better for your dd and her dh.

Sandie, one of my dc children lives with his grandparents – they have custody. I finally asked about the mom and was told she is out of the picture and when I asked if she ever has visitation I was told she is in prison right now. The little boy is very well behaved so he is lucky he is with his grandparents. Grandparents raising their grandchildren seems to be happening more and more. Your friend’s grandson sounds very similar to the boy I am dealing with. He has no impulse control at all and never thinks things through. He has a very strict kindergarten teacher who has a routine set up but this boy still gets time outs there. Did you get to the flea market over the weekend?

Donna (dval) That is such great news about your dh! Hope he is out of the woods for good now. Have the doctors figured anything out yet? My ds1 was hospitalized for dehydration once and apparently if you get really dehydrated, it will cause vomiting making it impossible to even keep water down which prevents re-hydration. Just very glad to hear your dh is now ok.

Sharon, your ethnic festival sounds like it was fun. Also sounds like you got a lot of veggies taken care of over the weekend.

Pam, I hope you get good news about the new position you applied for (your friend too!) Glad your dd1 likes cosmetology school. Can you tell me why Wal-Marts are phasing out their fabric departments? Glad your dgks are all doing well.

Lauri, hope you had a good weekend.

Donna-Marie, hope you and John are enjoying your time in Florida and that you are getting some time to relax. Sounds like everyone had a good time watching the football game.

Donna (train) I remember the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and Crystal Gayle as well. I think my dh must have cd’s of both. Sounds like the fair will be a good time. I, too have a farm and live in Yoville on facebook. You are so right – it can be addicting. Glad Mark had fun watching the race. I saw the results on the news last night and thought of him.

Very busy weekend. Saturday night we took ds2 to the movies and out to dinner for his birthday. We were so stuffed when we got home we decided to have the cake Sunday night when I made his lasagna birthday dinner. We did give him his gifts on Saturday and he seemed to like them all. Sunday ds2 had to volunteer at the golf course for a fund raiser. He needs 20 hours of volunteering to graduate high school and since he is a freshman he is off to a good start as he got 6 hours in on Saturday. Sunday dd, dh and I went apple picking. Dh and I had gone out for coffee earlier. Found a great new thrift shop I want to check out next Saturday and a tea shop as well. I also made the lasagna and we did do the birthday cake. Ds1 called last night. He was procrastinating on writing a paper. We had a nice chat and he might come home next weekend. I got a lot of cleaning done this weekend and even packed away most(but not all) of my summer clothes and got out some warmer ones. It was only 39 degrees when I walked the dog this morning. This week is supposed to be warm (high 70’s but the early mornings and nights are quite chilly. Laundry to do today and am taking the dc kids to the park to play. Have a great morning everyone.

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 09-21-2009, 04:45 AM

I am so tired. Ashley called at midnight, she was in labor.I got up and got the pull ou couch ready for me and the boys. The boys decided they were going to stay awake until 3:30 am. I decided to turn off the tv an lights and told them to go night night.
DH got up at 4:15 for work and of course I heard him. Then dsgot up at 7. I heard him, so I got up and ironed his clothes for work. Got back into bed with the boys and within 30 seconds they were both up. They must have some kind of internal mechanism to wake up together or something.
Got a message from Ashley, she is at home. She is having lots of contractions but they aren't doing anything to her cervix. They went home to sleep so I have the boys until they wake up and come for them.
Maybe tomorrow the baby will make his appearance.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:42 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Donna(dval) so glad your dh is getting better. A few months ago when Darryl went for his regular BP checkup, they also did bloodwork, and called and said he was dehydrated and to start to drink alot more water, and I told him it can lead to problems if he doesnt (his idea of hydration is to drink Coke lol) but he does drink alot more water during the day now
DonaMarie, glad you are having a good time in Fla., Im so glad you all went down there.
Coll, let us know when the "new additon" decides to make his/her appearance, sorry you had such a tiring night. I had a Dr appt this morning at 7:45, for a BP check, but we talked more about my back then anything, the other day I was hanging curtains, and I kept stepping up on a chair, then off, well I must have irritated something, because my back has been prety good lately, anyhow I have this pain in my tailbone, and in my butt when I walk, she things I pulled something, so gave me "more" muscle relaxers, and also Vicodin, which I wont get, I have had it before and cant stand the way it makes me feel, I will stick to the Aleve, or Meloxicam.
Sammi we did go to the flea markets over the weekend, 1st one was in Londonderry, it was huge and so crowded, I found a few cute Boyds bears there and great prices, also 2 Longaberger baskets, they look brand new and couldnt believe it when the woman only said $5 a piece for them .
Dont you love finding new Thrift shops, you never know what you are going to find. Well I havent got a thing done yet today since the early Dr appt threw my whole scehdule off, so I better get going. Have a nice all!! HUGS
Old 09-21-2009, 09:42 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

DM are you going to be here in Florida until the 29th or 30th? Maybe we can plan a day we can go to lunch together! Let me know.

Felicia

Closed Thread