September Friendship Flower - Page 25 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 04:40 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Well the vfw saga still goes on. LOL!! Dh got a phone call last night from the district commander. Of course he has no idea what has happend in the last month. Dh told him. Tonight is the district meeting at our post. Dh and him agreed to meet before the meeting in the parking lot. The district commander is on the same page as dh. Agrees that dh was right and the bar manager should have been fired for not following the rules. The subject for tonights meeting is the social members and how they are ruled. The post commander is the CEO of the building and has the final say over every one. Dh is so happy that he final found somebody that is backing him. The district commander is very upset that the post members did not back up there commander. Not sure if dh will stay for the meeting but he will meet the man and show him the letter he wrote and talk to him. This won't change what dh and I did. It will show people that we are right and they are wrong.

We have a cross country meet this afternoon. Not much else going on.

Charlotte
Old 09-16-2009, 05:28 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Cathy, I knew how to find sample tickets online. I could have also scanned past tickets for you, but this was easier. lol

It appears that many are being visited by Mr Po Poo. lol He is one busy man lately! We need to send him elsewhere.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:33 AM
Assistant Moderator

Denahowy, isnít it funny how many friends and family members you end up in touch with on facebook. I have been contacted by friends I havenít seen in years.

Cathy, sounds like your dgs is going to have a fantastic birthday. What a great theme for the party. I am addicted to both Farmtown and Farmville on facebook!

Ellen, glad you are doing well. I, too, have lots crops I forgot to harvest in time in Farmville on facebook. Good thing it is only a game and not a real farm.

Connie, your dad seems to run hot and cold doesnít he. Glad be brought cards for your dks but sad he was angry at you instead of gf when she was the one refusing to come into the house. Arenít kittens just adorable. I always got my cats spayed or neutered right away because I knew if any of them had kittens I would end up keeping them all.

Laurie, sorry to hear of your father problems too. Hope everything works out.

Joy, so sorry to hear about your ddís friendís father. How tragic! My heart goes out to that family. Seatbelts save lives yet so many people still donít wear them. And sorry, too, to hear about your ddís knee. I hope it gets better soon and isnít anything serious. Cool that your dd2 got her senior pictures done.

Pam, hope things are going well at work and that you get the new job you applied for. Why is Wal-Mart doing so much restructuring of jobs? Hope your sil and dh can find jobs soon. It sure is a tough job market out there.

Donna (dval) Sorry to hear your shoulder is still bothering you but I hope the pt will help. I have had the same problem for months but just havenít had time to go to pt again. I do know it helped the first time.

Charlotte, you will have to let us know the outcome of the VFW saga. It is really nice to know that the district commander backed your dh up. Of course he should have as your dh was following protocol and the other members were not. Hope your dd does well in her cross country meet!

Much cooler here today. Dd thinks my washing machine may be on the fritz which is so not good. I have to check it out to see if it is spinning properly or not and if not will have to call a repair man. One more expense. This weekend is ds2ís birthday. Hard to believe he is turning 15! He wants to invite a friend and go to the movies. I am fine with that but he wants to see a movie I have absolutely no interest in at all. Hope I donít fall asleep in the theater! I also have to make his favorite dinner Ė homemade lasagna and bake his birthday cake. Dh and I have to go shopping to get his gifts. I have been so busy havenít had time to do that yet. Yikes! That is so not like me. Last night dd and I went to the library and I got a few books to read and a couple movies to watch this weekend. We also hope to fit in apple picking. And a weird thing happened the other day. Dd came out to her car after work and found a note on the windshield. Someone said they had a free new spare part for the model and year of her car and if she wanted it to give him a call. Well, dh actually called and the guy brought the car part by last night. I just happened to be the hydrolics for back hatch of her car that she actually needed. How crazy is that that a stranger just happens to leave a note on her car and have a new car part that she needs for free out of the blue. She was quite happy. Not much else going on here. Hope everyone is having a great day.

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 09-16-2009, 06:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone,
Joy Im so sorry to hear about your dd's friends father, Im a fanatic about seatbelts, Darryl rarely uses one.
Sounds like an awesome Nascar Bday party Cathy!
Barbar sorry you had a bad day, but glad you are over it, we all have them, and with al you are going thru and have gone thru its normal to have one, the main thing is, you get right back on track, and thats great!
DonnaMarie Ive been thinking of you and John, still sending Prayers and Hugs to you.
Sammi, that is weird(and great0 your dd got a part she needed for her car. Im not an "electric" can opener person either I have one under my sink, I have 2 good h and ones and its faster and easier then trying to open one with an electric one,, and I have tried soo many diff electric ones over the years, and end up tossing them.
Has any one rented movies from the RedBox (usually found in SuperMarkets and in the front part of Walmart? Yesterday I rented Wolverine(Darryl wanted me to buy it) since money is tight right now, I decided to rent it and for $1, how can you go wrong?? Speaking of Walmart, Im soo upset, all the Walmarts near us inclduing the new SuperWalmart that just opened, has got rid of the material section, and all the sewing patterns etc., is it like that in all of them now. They still have a small craft section, but half of what they used to have. They enlarged the electronic sections in all of them, guess thats where the money is, but I dont like having to go to Joannes, or other places like that for material etc., because the prices are so much higher.
I have a tooth bothering me today and Im trying to ignore it, thinking it will go away (and I always yell at Darryl if he does that lol) well time to call and check on my mom, she has her PT and OT going there today so IM not going to drive down there, I need a "me" day today. Hi to all I missed hope everyone has a good day hUGS
Old 09-16-2009, 07:22 AM
Assistant Moderator

I did not sleep much last night. I am upset..........then I am upset because I am upset. Seriously I need to get over this. Dad has been selfish his entire life, never interacted with his daughters and a little with the grandkids, If he can eat out, go somewhere then he is happy. :0( now you know what he was b)(*&&ing about dd........ I still cry when I recall his words. Damn him. Enough of this whining.

Joy, I am so sorry for your dd's friends loss. Breaks my heart.

Charlotte would LOVE to be a bug on the wall tonight!!! I must be in a nasty mood.....

Sammi my youngest son is turning 15 tomorrow. Happy Birthday to your son!!! And thank you very very much for the birthday cards to my kids. You should have seen thier faces light up.

Sandie our WM is doing the same thing. Makes me so mad. All we have is WM and Alco and a quilt shop for fabric. I wish Hobby Lobby would open a store out here. Maybe I should call them.

Need to get in gear as I am still in my pjs.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:23 AM

Connie, happy birthday to your ds.

Sammi, that is awesome about the car part for dd. Happy birthday to your ds.
Hope your washing machine isn't too expensive to fix.
Charlie is still not eating and stays by himself. Often under the bed or behind the couch. Not a good sign. He always has slept right next to Dufus. And now he wants to be alone.

Dval, I hold Charlie, open his mouth, drop the pill in so it is near his throat and close his mouth and stroke his neck so he swallows.

Joy,So sorry about your dd's friends dad. Prayers for all the family. Hope there is nothing seriously wrong with dd's knee.

Pam, hope you get the supervisor job.
Our WalMart is all together different too. Very little fabric, and the craft dept is a lot smaller. Electrics is a whole lot bigger.
I am very glad I am no longer there.
The gal that was my dept. manager got one of the new jobs. Now the gal in shoes is in charge of shoes and ladies accessories. They did that same thing in other departments. Dep. Managers that got supervisor jobs are not being replaced. Other DM's have to take on more work. The one from bedding, etc is now supervisor over apparel. She has this I'm better than you are attitute. Wouldn't like working for her.

All but one of my neighbors on Farmtown are ladies from FC. I play Farmville too. I don't really care about Lil Farm.
Much cooler here today. So after I clean litter boxes and bird cage, I'm going out to cut down some dead flowers.
Think there was more I was going to comment on but can't remember.

Hi to everyone.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:44 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

HI all,
Just wanted to let you know that we have arrived in Florida about 2 hrs ago John is tired long trip don't know when we will be home probably depends in a week we will see. Weather is 90 degrees here but they have a lovely pool. Am going to enjoy our grandkids they tower over me LOL.
Hugs,
DM

Old 09-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Thanks DM for letting us know you two got there safe and sound. I hope you both have a great time. Enjoy those grands while you are near them.
I have Steven over here as Gina and Kent are on their way to S Dakota as Kent's Dad died this past Sat and is to be buried tomorrow. They will be back here sometime Monday.
Steven and Kent are having a good time together. Considering the age diff they get along great
Old 09-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Just read over the posts... each of your struggles are in my prayers!

Admit your mistakes so that NO ONE else can exaggerate them
You can NOT amputate your HISTORY from your DESTINY~ Beth Moore
Old 09-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Nine Year Member

Glad Donna Marie it all worked out with the trip. Have to get use to our high temps. since they will be around for awhile.
Enjoy your time with your family. Take some photos if you can of the grandkids. Take some time to relax for awhile before You make plans to come home.
_Connie....Happy Birthday To Your Son.

Try not to let your Dad get You down. You have alot to look forward to.
_______
Sueanne

Last edited by Sueanne; 09-16-2009 at 03:49 PM.

Closed Thread