July Friendship Flower - Page 6 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Nine Year Member

Glad I was able to post a photo. These were the figs I was trying to dry outside but would not work.

Joy hang in there I am sure something else will come up. I would ask for mileage money too.

Liz...Glad to see You were able to chat for awhile. Was wondering how you wre doing.

Cau....When I make sausage I always boil it first to get rid of any fat. Poking holes and smaller pieces helps too. Think most men like sausage I know my DH likes it too.
Diabetics have to eat alot of fiber besides meat.
Been adding barley to bean soups & vegetable soup it helps.

_______
Sueanne
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

HI All,
Just popped in to let you all know I did not fall off the earth just hated all the 3 weeks of rain we had and the 4th wsn't bad till late afternoon and then the sky with t-storms but did let up for all the majestic fireworks since they didn't have it the week before for windjammer days rain & fog that day. Anyway we are ok but I have been driving him back and forth to appts and this week it is crazy, Tuesday, Wednesday,thrusday & Friday on the road I will try and get back sometime next week have a safe one all. Hugs All,

Old 07-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I hope everyone had a nice 4th. My dh had terrible allergies or possibly a sinus infection. He had almost a whole bottle of antibiotics left that the dentist gave him a couple months ago, so started taking those and is feeling better. Anyways, we ended up not going to see the fireworks at the stadium and just stayed home and watched some on TV instead.

Crafty, Glad you are okay and just busy. Hope the dr. appts. are helping.

Sueann, Those figs sure look good. We had plums ripen the last couple of weeks. I gave a bunch away that I had planned to make jam or jelly with but didn't have time. The rest are in the freezer so I can do something with them later. We also have lots of purple grapes this year. They are seedless so I can just put those in the freezer whole.

Sharon, Sorry to hear Buck is having some problems. Somehow I missed the original post but hope that he does start to listen and be more careful about what he is eating.

Joy, Sorry to hear that there were problems with your new job. I've been through that with several different people giving me different isntructions. I would just try to do things the way my immediate boss wanted me to. They should definitely pay you for all that mileage if they are expecting you to drive that much.

Sorry for those I missed. I'm tired and just forgot what else I was going to say.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:00 AM
Assistant Moderator

well here I sit still awake, maybe I need to take a hammer to myself and see if I can bonk me to sleep, think that would work? LOL

yesterday went to my Phy Therpy and will only have 2 more to go and then I think we be ready to start the settlement on this car wreck I was in 1 yr from this last May.

Went to the good will store to look for bargains Found CD cases for 10 for a dollar,
as they were from some company.. but will
cover them with fabric and decorate them,

I had some time left before going to my
grief support group so I had early supper and read my book about the Red Hat society, a good and fun book to read.

Tonight was our 2nd meeting for the grief support group. It was hard like I ha expected. I waited to be the last one as I knew I would fall all to peices ( of course others cried while telling thier stories)when it came to sharing
a memory of John, but I got thru it with alot of tears and just taking my time in doing it. I received several hugs from the group which helped.
After the group session was over with several of us stayed to chit chatted where we could get to know one another more. I even had a male that gave me a hug, his wife had passed and this week will be thier anniv. I do understand how hard it will be for him. His dd comes to the group as well.

Found out today that my oldest gd Chynna had a swim met instructor to invit her to test out for the swim met,we shall see what takes place.

moved a few more boxes to the storage, and I got caught up on my bills... not because I didn't have the money but because I hadn't sit down to do it, as one day fell into another day, and that feeling of telling me I had to do it today came over me.
thank goodness I called my car insurance as I had allow it to lapse.. had to start all over again, but it was cheaper this time around

think I have a handle on things at least
I hope I do..

Listen to you ladies I was blessed as John loved the idea that I fussed over
him, not that he always minded me but he loved the attention. LOL

Deb, the July calender is so cute..
Sharon, thanks for sharing your story,and glad you got where you were going, and you had to be worn out for it wore me out.. I always knew you had spunk and with
the story it shows that you do.

dd can't take care of Prissy due to her 2 great dames, and prissy doesn't like them one bit. Plus Prissy is used to be in the house, and I can't just leave her outside where dd can come to check on her. As the fence has several places that she can get out. By the time we think we got one place fix she finds another place to get out. Driving 30 minutes to my house and then 30 more minutes back home twice would be to hard on her to do.
If my son was not acting the way he is, I think he would take care of Prissy, but he not even taking time for me or talking to me.

I think I might be able to do it if it was more
time in btw John's death and the event, but it only been a few months to do something like this..
I don't know if I like rafting or not as I've never done it but always thought it would be fun. Yet scared of doing it to, with the arm..
so again I'm in this state of not knowing..
I hope all goes well for Buck and nothing happens to him..

Lizzie-boo good to see you again, and happy birthday as I remember seeing it posted
on the side bar it was your birthday last night

((((Dinsky)))), it so good to see you online what part of Tx will see be in?
during the summer I allow mine to stay up till midnight if we had nothing to do the next day.. normally he would fall asleep before then. LOL, but that been yrs ago, he is now 27 yrs old.
I also used going to bed earlier if they mis=behaved

Sandie, that terrible that 2 kids got shot, glad it wasn't serious
Sueanne those figs makes my mouth water as well being able to smell the smell of figs.. ooo, to bad I can't just grab a few of them thru this computer.

Those that remember Blondie, I got another email from her, she is doing as good as she can.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Good Morning All! Another quick fly by as ds has a check up this morning, dd had practice, dh has PT and we all overslept.

BarBar - If I read correctly, your dgd may be joining a swim team. That is terrific! We are definitely fish in our house. Dd will fly into Houston and then the kids will go to Galveston for Hurricane Ike Relief work.

I need to run and get cleaned up to go. After, I will get all dirty moving mulch so that I can get cleaned up to pick up swimmers, get dirty again, and get cleaned up to drop off Dad's pick up and kids with the grandparents for the night. I wonder how many times I will have to get cleaned up today.

Take care all.

D

It is important to follow our dreams as a tribute to those who were forbidden to follow theirs. - Unknown

Old 07-07-2009, 06:34 AM
Assistant Moderator

Oh Joy, I hope this job gets better.
I start work tomorrow. I need to call and check on my appointments today and make sure there are brochures left. If not I may need to run into town to make more brouchures. I did not put any 'me' information on the brochures wonder if I need to correct that?
Sharon Gregg is being the same. I predict the doctor puts him on medication Friday for high blood pressure. If he can't handle stress at all. Not taking care of himself is one of our problems. I feel you need to work with your doctor not expect pills to fix everything.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi all, I was reading back posts, and someone asked me where we went to see the fire works and I forget who, lol, anyhow, they were right here in town ,(about 2 miles from us) in Manchester NH
Bar bar I made that July calendar for Debb for this thread, I have been making the tags for some months now, altho I wasnt happy with the calender one, I just used ready made tubes, i usually make my own tubes, but didnt have the time, as I was trying to get my PC back up and running, and its still not running the way it used to. I know what I want for my birthday lol or Xmas) A New PC. My dd has anextra laptop, but I dont want one, I prefer the desktop.
Talking about trying to get dh's to eat right, I make alot of s ubstitutions without telling Darryl (ie I use plain yogurt instead of sour cream) as long as he doesnt see the yogurt container he doesnt say a word. One thing and I think someone else mentioned this, he loves Hillshire farm Kielbasa, and cooks it alot on the gril, and he also likes Hot italian sausage, I dont eat either one of them, but I do like the flavor of spaghetti sauce when you add the sausage to it.He really needs to eat healthier, but as usual doesnt listen to me.
Im worried lately because Darryl is still getting dizzy spells, He sees the Dr again this month, last time they lowered his BP meds thinking that was causing the dizziness. Then last night I happened to notice this black and blue mark on his stomach, and it didnt look good at al to me, he is "always" coming home with black and blues and cuts from work, so Im hoping that is all it is, but he said he didnt remember hitting himself there. I always think the worst, like maybe he has internal bleeding somewhere, or (and this thought came into my mind last night when I first saw it) leukemia, I remember a long time ago someone Iknew had leukemia, and she said she got bruises at the very beginning. Anyhow I will make sure he brings it to the Drs attention, (his appt isnt until the 27th of this month. Im turning into my mom, lol worrying so much about everyone and everything!
On a lighter note, Im getting to watch Caitlyn today they should be here any time now. I wish it wasnt raining out "AGAIN", I feel bad for Sammi, hope its nicer where she is. Better get going, , hoping everyone has a nice day, more later HUGS
Old 07-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Sandie I think it's better to be over cautious. So it's good you are bringing it up to the Dr. if it is something of concern I am sure the Dr. will send him for more tests. Better to be safe than sorry as they say. enjoy your GD.

Felicia

Old 07-07-2009, 09:28 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Happy Tuesday everyone. The girls are home safe from Florida. The both went to see friends last night. 1 even slept at her friends house. Glad they came home to drop off dirty clothes and eat my food. LOL!!!

DS #2 stopped last night and the 5 of us all went out to eat. I wasn't prepared to feed everyone dinner so dh suggested we go out. Which was ok with everyone.

Now tonight I promised the girls a home cooked meal. They have been eating out for over 2 weeks and are tired of it. So it is meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn.

Have a nice day.

Charlotte
Old 07-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Assistant Moderator

The company dh interviewed for last fall, has two openings. Hum....!

Closed Thread