July Friendship Flower - Page 34 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 09:14 AM

Felicia, good luck on your interview. I love Dollar Tree. I think they have more stuff and better stuff than Family Dollar.
Hopefully, the baby will arrive soon.

Sammi, I hope your dd's interview goes well and she gets hired.

Connie, glad things are going well for you. How nice to come home to a meal all ready to eat. And an Italian meal. My favorie.

Lauri, I'm glad you are doing well. Take it easy.

DeBora, I hope you do get custody of those kids. They need you. You are doing a wonderful job and really making progress.

We are going North this weekend. Buck has a tournament on Sat. I got roped into going along because he will be staying with Bill and Darlene. They have a cabin a short distance from the lake where they will be fishing. I am not looking forward to it, I hardly know these people. Only know them from the bass club and see them once a year at the annual banquet. There is a hugh flea market in Townsend which Darlene thinks is fun. Darlene is a very friendly and nice person but I am not comfortable with people I don't know well. I would much rather stay at home. Roland will come over and feed the cats.
It is cool and raining today. We need the rain badly.
I heard on the news yesterday that it was 91* in Whitehorse, Alaska. That is unbelievable. They are doing good to get to 70* normally. Crazy weather.

Hi to everyone I missed.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:33 PM
Nine Year Member

Teresa, I am doing well, very happy to have this job and hoping it continues after my year contract is up next April...please everyone pray for me to be in the right place (I like it here but know better not to ask God for anything except where He wants me).

DeBora, my neighbor's kid would 'talk' along with me when I read her a book. she was pre kindergarten and she would babble along while I read the words. At first it was disconcerting but the mom told me it was her version of reading along with me. It was really funny to hear her mouthing words and 'reading along.' I don't htink this is what your dgs is doing but it sure sounded a little like it.

More biology work today so I am happy.

Felicia, good luck on your job interview!

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 07-30-2009, 02:25 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi All,
well no news is good news but John is getting no better and it is inpossibe for me yo keep up with all but John is back with no eating BUT if I take him out to breakfast he will eat but nothing anything for the rest of the day WOW is me drS say give him what he wants but he coughs his head off then get sick and then ok won't take meds so H--- told the Dr;s and they say let him be so my life is upside down sharon please email me and we will keep in touch if you would if not no contact till I know what is going on. I am beside myself again but this is so bad I am throuwing things out of the freezer casue he wont eat it and jsut if he wants take him out nothing I can do sick of buy cold cuts 1/4 lb he wants and no eat so will not do it again. sorry to vent but am so tired and just waiting and will do what he wants he wants to go to Bar Harbor for a week ok but he will do the same he did before no eat nothing I can do but I can enjoy what I have I know cruel but what else can I do just drive hinm to appointments and nothing else just clean and sit here at home. SORRY
HUGS

Old 07-30-2009, 03:27 PM
Assistant Moderator

I think I am disgusted with my extended family. I found out a family member died but no one bothered to tell me. I saw a family member at the funeral home. I didn't stop. How could I go into the funeral home not knowing who died? I could not look my mother's family in the face and saying my great aunt and uncle ( 1/4 block away) or my dad told me. I can't attend the funeral either due to dd's speech and a meeting at work. I will send cards.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Sorry I haven't read any post for a while and can't comment on much.
Work is getting a bit better. Physically I am getting use to standing 8 hrs a day and all the other activities. I am still really tired at night so I haven't been spending much time on the computer. This is still not my dream job, but tolerable for now.
I did apply for a job at the local nursing home as an activities director (sounded very interesting to me), but I have heard through the grapevine that there were 3 in house applications and mine(an outsider). I am not really holding out any hope there.
I hope I can catch up with everyone soon.
I am thinking of you even if I am not posting much.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:42 PM
Assistant Moderator

I've tried to scan over some of the posts to try to catch up on reading.

Debk, great pics, Jamie sure is growing up and looking handsome
as he gets older.
if that was one of your nephews that was sitting in your lap,
boy the boys looks a little like you. The family heredity
is being past on. I was wondering where you went, as I knew I hadn't
seen you for awhile. Now I know, vacation. sound like it was
a fun time for the family. that's great.
bet that was something when that Bison stuck his head in the car. LOL
great pic of that pose. The animals were very friendly indeed.

Sharon, have a safe trip and we shall see you when you get back.
Do hope you will enjoy yourself more than you think you will.

Donna Marie, so sorry to hear about John.

Joy being an activity director for a Nursing Home would be fun! wishing you the best in getting the job.
Have you been anything along this line or worked in a Nursing Home before?
Have you ever taken classes for this? If so which ones, I'm just curious to know..since this was something that I thought would be a neat career, as well as going to get training certificant

Debora, I was thinking it was Thur but to my surprize it was Wed the 29th.
LOL.. you dh has to understand this has nothing to do with Love. it a responibilty that she is not doing, it a love she is not showing her kids and nothing he did that made her this way.

I used to tell the kids about the thunder was GOD bowling.LOL, see we are thinking on the same line here. sorry I didn't get a chance to call you back the other night. Melissa wanted to watch a movie with me which we did. A good one.. I picked it out as she told me her picking latley hadn't been so good. She agree that I picked out a good one. Before I know it
time went by and been busy and here it is almost Fri. wow, this week has past quickly.

Patti, so glad you are alright as well as cancer free, I don't want to think of something happening to you sweety.
I could handly it

Connie that is great that the family fixed you a meal, it about time they do things for you from time to time, with all you do for them.

to the one that say something about working at a Dollar Tree, now I would have a problem of working there. I love the place and would spend to much money. LOL
Old 07-30-2009, 07:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I've gotten way behind on this thread. Thought I could catch up last weekend but just had too much to do. I may sit out the August thread and maybe things will slow down for me by September. I have been thinking about all of you and wondering how life is treating you.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:33 PM

Just checking in. I have read Donna Marie's post and am emailing her now.

Thanks bar_bar. I will try to enjoy the weekend. I just am not comfortable with people I don't know very well.

Last edited by seleach; 07-30-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

DM, sorry about what's going on with John. I know that you're exhausted and frustrated. I wish I lived close enough to help.

Sharon I hope you enjoy your weekend. Even though you'd rather stay home.

Joy I'm glad you're job is a little easier. I worked in a Nursing Home many moons ago and it's always been one of my favorite jobs. I wish I could go take the classes to be a CNA. I really enjoy the work.

Connie sorry about the loss of a family member. And sorry about how you had to find out.

Ellen I hope your job will continue for you. Especially since you like it so much.

Felicia

Old 07-31-2009, 07:34 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Just a quick Hi, also BELATED BIRTHDAY WISHES to BArbszy,BarBar and SueAnne!!
Not much new here, another 6 days til we take my mom back to the Dr., I have no clue what the outcome will be. Yesterday my dd was able to give her a shower, we put the portable commode in the tub, (had to get a hand hld shower to attach to ours) and covered her cast in plastic bags. DonnaMarie sorry to hear about John, not eating much again, I know what you mean about "cleaning and just sitting at home" I have been like that with my mom, I dont like to leave her, although we do go out for no more then 2 hours at a time, on the weekends, and I may run out real quick during the week. I got her alot of books at the library, she has read a few, mostly she just watches tv , and I can not sit and watch tv with her all day lol, and told her that. Well almost time to start making her lunch, then I have to think about dinner, hope you all have a nice weekend. I will pop in when I can, my brother is coming up from Fla next week, but like I told him, there isnt much you (or anyone) can do right now, just wait and see what the Dr is gona do. Hugs

Closed Thread