July Friendship Flower - Page 22 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 08:10 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I'm so happy I got my truck back. The brakes seized up Monday and I've been without it since. Didn't cost too much either, so I am relieved.

Plus today is my son's 16th birthday!!

Sandie you can just type in self publish book in a search engine and it'll come up with all kinds of websites. Pick the one that suits your needs. It costs money but you will have your own book in print.

Felicia

Old 07-23-2009, 09:05 AM
Nine Year Member

Sammi, I am taking undergraduate classes audit only until I have enough background to pass the graduate level ones.

Took intro organic chem earlier this summer and am doing basic electronics now. This fall it will be intro genetics and intro molecular biology. If I could fit the next organic in I would but it will have to wait until spring.

My summer is going so fast! Already preparing for back to school...having fun though and the new house furniture arrangement is working out well.

Second night in a row I cooked for >6 people and it was nice and cool on the deck so we ate outside to candlelight and fireflies...

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 07-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I have started to do compost gardening out front in my flower beds. It seems to have worked, I have some nice Morning Glory's growing up the side of my house.

Felicia
Attached Images

Old 07-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi All,
Thakns Sharon for tell everyone about my laptop yes it is back but I don't like some of the things they have or have not put on this so am being very careful with it till my regular computer man comes back from vacation and he will fix it the way he put it on, and also take the deskone with him. This one cost me 190.00 and 8 days without UGH. not a happy camper. I have not read any post yet just wanted to let you all know I am back and please be careful with your emails when sending them. Thanks Sharon for contacting everyone. Be back when I can.
Hugs, DM

Old 07-23-2009, 10:54 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Patti, I am sorry you have arthritis. I hope it isn't too bad. Have fun with your friend.

Felicia, I am glad your truck didn't cost too much to repair. I know repair costs can really be high.

Ellen, good luck getting the understanding that you want so you can enter graduate school.

It is raining and flooding here today. It finally stopped raining, but that also meant that my clients (yes, all of them) canceled today, which is fine with me! I was debating about putting on my make-up and getting ready to go to the counseling center. I FINALLY got ahold of the investigator for CPS. She said the case was referred over to Family Based Safety Services (FBSS). We will have a new case worker next week. She said that due to my information about the parents' behavior, she is drug testing them. I told her that I haven't seen the parents since Sunday but that was how they were acting then. I am sure my DD and SIL don't know that CPS knows where they are staying. The investigator stated that what they might do, if done, will not be enough to get the children back. Things will probably enter more serious consequences now for the parents.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Travel Journal
Day 3...June 30
Coast Starlight

At Salinas, CA, we head inland to agriculture and ranch land so I grabbed my book and went down to the sighseer lounge.
This is a car with windows curving up to where you can look out at the sky.
Seats face the window with little tables here and there. On some trains there are more tables than others.
Downstairs is a snack bar where you can buy soda's, sandwiches, chips, salads, breakfast sandwiches,cheeseburgers, hotdogs, pizza.... muffins, juice, coffee, etc....
There are a couple tables downstairs you can sit at or bring your snacks back upstairs to eat and look out the window.

I ended up reading way into the night because I couldn't sleep. Just plain couldn't sleep and I can't blame it on my arthritic knees because I did find a flat place to lay, under a seat in the sighseer lounge.
Though it felt much better on my knees to lay flat I just kept tossing and turning so got up to read.
Finnaly just got up at 4:30 and waited for sunrise in northern California.
I was greeted by a spectacular view of Mt. Shasta.
That was a treat since I am usually asleep on that part of the route.

After Klamath Falls station, which is the first stop in Oregon we enter the Cascade Range and will spend the next several hours going over the summit.
The lakes are O'Dell and Crater and the scenery Douglass Fir.

This is really, really a beautiful route, the Pacific coast yesterday, the Cascades right now and later this afternoon into Portland, the Willamette Valley and then Puget Sound.

This route......the Coast Starlight and the California Zephyr route are, in my opinion, the two most scenic Amtrak routes.

I was listening to a man talk on his cell in the sightseer lounge last night and he said ....
"The scenery is not all it's cracked up to be. I heard the scenery was really awesome on this trip, but man, two hours this morning and all we did was drive (roll) pass the ocean!!"
Oh Brother!!!!!

Cascade mountains, still in my comfy tinkerbelle jammies and eating some cheerios and fruit, I am VERY tired but I am on my train so it's a good morning!

hugs, train
Old 07-23-2009, 03:12 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Train, I feel like I'm on this trip with you!
Hugs, Felicia

Old 07-23-2009, 03:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

As usual am really enjoying your trip Donna/Train. Of course you know how much I too love trains.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:41 PM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Felicia your flowers are very pretty. Happy 16th Birthday to your son. Do you have any plans for his birthday?

Train some people just don't get it.

Debora I hope these conselors can see thru your dd and sil. It sounds like you are doing a great job with the kids. I have been thinking alot about you this week. We are camping in our 30ft camper with 2 teenage girls. I have been thinking of you living in a camper with your gks. I whole week is enough with the closeness. It has been raining most of the day and the camper gets smaller!!

We will be heading home tomorrow. I do love camping thu and will miss it. I do miss my bed.

Charlotte
Old 07-23-2009, 04:09 PM
Nine Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish3711
I have started to do compost gardening out front in my flower beds. It seems to have worked, I have some nice Morning Glory's growing up the side of my house.

Felicia
Felicia....The morning glory's are beautiful. What kind of compost are you making?

Dh and I watched the fellow drill the well this morning in another neighbors yard. Had fun hanging out with the rest of the guys in the neighborhood learning how he drills it.
We should have ours by next week once all the permits and forms from the Board Of Directors are back to Me. The showers have stopped in the afternoons so should be just in time.

Looks like He will be getting quite a few more jobs in the neighborhood.

Sharon....The local restaurant has been specializing in cooking yellow tailed snapper. Was wondering if your Dh has ever caught any? Are they tasty?They serve them with the head and tails here and the people like it that way.

DonnaMarie....Glad to see You back online. I too have been careful opening emails. Computers cost alot to replace. Don't open any emails that are forwarded. Tell Your friends so they can copy and paste before sending.

Donna....Enjoying reading about Your train trip.

Billy...Like Your new photo pretty color dress.

Sandi....I hope Your Mom gets some good news from the doctor.

Patti ...Hope you feel better with your hip.
________
Sueanne

Closed Thread