Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Leisure Time > Idle Chit Chat!

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 06:14 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

June Friendship Flower thread

Welcome to June....I hope it is warmer where you live...we had snow and hail today......what a way to bring in June when we hope to be basking in the sun
So any special plans this month??? It is the final month of school for our kids before summer holidays.....WOW where does the time go. No big plans at our house......just the winddown for many winter activities and getting ready for 2 months of summer.

Hugs Debbie
Attached Images

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by debknechtel; 06-01-2009 at 08:12 AM.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:29 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Deb, If I could send you some of this 90 degree heat I would. I seem to be more sensitive to it this year. Dh will be teaching at a kid's camp for a week and then a photography class on Saturdays. Other than that we have so no special plans for the summer.

Last edited by apricot; 05-31-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:29 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

happy june everyone

Old 06-01-2009, 02:15 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Wow June already. We have a busy month here. DD #1 is graduating from high school on June 19th. So we have few banguets to go to. A graduation party to put on.

June 26th will be my wedding anniversary. June will finish up the school year for DD #2.

My 1 granddaughter will be 2 yrs old on June 8th.

Charlotte
Old 06-01-2009, 04:00 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

It's been a little chilly here too. Go figure. But at least I don't have to run the air conditioner. It's nice and breezy with the windows open.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:05 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I haven't posted much. June 15th with make my 30th wedding anniversary. DH is in the dog house, big time. He screwed up the finances so badly. I took them over in May and finally got them manageable, but we are barely keeping our heads above water. DH had to take on a second job to help out. My job will end in July. So, if I don't get a student loan to carry be through December, at least, I will be getting a full-time job as well.

I had the GKs this weekend. DD isn't giving DGS the meds that he needs because she cannot afford them. CPS is on the case, but I doubt they will do anything. His teeth are rotten up into his permanent teeth and he complains about them to me. CPS dropped the case before when she hadn't sent him to the surgeon for the teeth. At least DD is talking to me again. I am hoping that once summer school is finished, DD will let me keep the kids all I want. I wanted to take them home yesterday morning, but she asked if I could keep them until late afternoon. She doesn't know that the law states that if a grandparent has the kids for 6 months or longer, they can get custody. So, I am going to see if she'll let me keep them until they find a place to live once summer school is over. I can take clients only when kids are in school. Thankfully, summer school is only 4 weeks long, but very intense. It starts today. So, you can see why I haven't posted much. DH not only screwed up the finances, he hasn't parented the kids. I have grow tired of begging DH to be firm with DD and her drug use. When he does talk to her, he says that he understands that Mom is strict, but maybe she should try to get the kids into see a doctor. DH and I will get together and agree that we'll get her teeth fixed (she looks like she has meth mouth) if she'll go into rehab. But, once we get to talk to her, DH changes his mind and says we'll fix her teeth first! I told him that we agreed that she had to get off drugs first then we'll fix the teeth, otherwise she won't seek help. DD won't agree to let us fix her teeth. Her MIL thinks it's because she won't be able to get people to sell her drugs if she doesn't look like she is in pain. At this point, I don't care about the adults. I am most worried about the kids. I told DH that I am the only one disciplining the kids. He has an appointment with a therapist today to see what he says. I told DH that parenting does not end when the kids become adults.

DD yells, berrates, and calls names to DGD. Yesterday, DGD came to me and asked if she was good. I told her that she is always good. I took the oportunity to tell her that she is special and I am always here for her, no matter what. I will always be thinking of her and caring for her. Both kids and I had a blast. As soon as I took them home, DD called and asked if I fed DGD. I told her what all they ate. (DGD is eating like she's never seen food. My kids did this right before a growth spurt.) However, my DD starting telling my DGD that she is a liar and how bad she is to want more food. She has had enough. I felt for her, but there is nothing I can do for her as the only parent who is willing to tell her that talking to her DD this was is detrimental. All I could do is tell her that kids do this all the time, especially right before a growth spurt.

Sorry to ramble. I am stressed. I will lose my job in July and I don't know if I will have enough money to make it through finishing school. If I get a job, I have one available in NM. I have to be within driving distance of school so I can work on my thesis. Please pray for my family, especially my GKs.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 06-01-2009, 04:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

subbing
Old 06-01-2009, 05:35 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

DebK, It has been cooler than normal here too – some places in NH still getting frost at night so I can’t even put my garden in yet. Hope it warms up for you.

Apricot, sounds like your dh is going to be busy with a lot of teaching. I wish I had some of your warmer temperatures. It was 40 degrees here when I walked the dog this morning.

Charlotte, graduation time is just so busy. (I went through it last year with ds1) I hope all the banquets and the graduation ceremony go well.

Barbszy, I know my dh is very glad we haven’t had to use the A/C yet too.

DeBora, I am so glad to hear that you got to spend some time with your dgks. Sorry things are still so difficult with your dd. I really wish cps would step up to the plate and actually do something about the situation. I think until your dd hits rock bottom nothing will happen. Hopefully therapy will help your dh so he can deal better with your dd and dgks as well as the finances. I hope summer school goes well for you and that things just start to improve all around.

June is sort of a busy month here as ds2 is graduating 8th grade. He has his 8th grade semi-formal dance, his 8th grade graduation ceremony and then his 8th grade field trip to Funtown/Splashtown in Maine. I am happy today the sun is shining but the dc kids are into it already so it is going to be a long day. I got a call last night about 11:30 p.m. from dd asking me to come pick her up at a party. She had left for the party at 3 p.m. and apparently was having a great time because she had had too much to drink and needed a ride home. I have always told my dks to never ever drink and drive and if they have had too much to drink or any alcohol to drink at all to call me and I will come get them no matter what the time and that I would not be mad. This is the first time this has happened. So, ds1 and I went to pick her up. Ds1 drove dd’s car home and I drove dd home. She actually was surprised that I really wasn’t mad. I just told her that I was very happy she called me rather than getting in her car as she was acting responsible. I did happen to mention, though, that she did have to work tomorrow (today) and that she would NOT be calling in sick. Trooper that she is, she got up and went to work today. (just so everyone knows, dd is 22) Though I wish my dks would not drink, I am glad to know they are somewhat responsible. The mom of my difficult dc boy talked to me this morning and told me he has been acting up terribly in preschool and getting into all kinds of trouble. (why am I not surprised to hear this). Today he is behaving somewhat but the day is young. I am hoping the consistency I provide here will have some affect. I am not looking forward to his pre-school ending. Today I am going to try to vacuum my car and wash it while the dc kids are playing outside. Wish me luck because I may have lots of “helpers” LOL.

~Mother Theresa

Old 06-01-2009, 05:40 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good Morning all:
First off, DebK, I just emailed you the June FF tag! I had all intentions of sending it Sat, and never even got to the PC at all!
Deborah, you are most certainly in my Prayers, I agree with you totally, that your dd should go into rehab before getting her teeth fixed, because it will be a waste of money if you do it first, she may stay using drugs and continue to ruin her teeth again. Im so sorry you have all this on your plate, and have the stress of school problems as well.
We had abusy weekend, but uneventful lol(by that I mean my mom is fine, and no major catastophres happend )
Apricot you mentioned being more sensitive to the heat this year, I also have found that every year I can tolerate the heat less and less. I keep meaning to ask the Dr if it may be due to the BP meds, I used to love the sun, and by June I would already be tan (even if I had to to to a tanning booth) now I just cant stand the heat and hot sun.
Its nice here today sunny and about 65 so Im going for my walk, enjoy the day all!! HUGS
Old 06-01-2009, 05:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Sorry for the BTB, Sammi we must have been posting at the same time, just wanted to say Im so glad your dd, called you!! HUGS

Closed Thread