June Friendship Flower thread - Page 26 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 02:33 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Just had my annual mammogram and am treating myself to a Cherry coke and movie at the dollar theatre tonight!
I'm going to see Zac Efron's "17 again.Looks like the boys version of the movie 13 Going on 30!

You should see how we have our computers set up!
We made our "coffeehouse" on the dining room table putting our computer screens back to back in the center of the table.
Now that we have two computers we sit across from each other checking our emails ,and playing on the web!
We even named our coffeehouse "dagny's Southwest" LOL!! It's after Dagny's our downtown coffeehouse we hang out at! LOL!
We are just two silly people! Or, in reality, I am the silly one and MArk just goes along with me!

I am so excited about my trip! it's like when I was a little kid, 8 years old and I got new summer short, tops and chonies for camp! or like in Septmeber, going back to school and getting new pencils, paper and peechees!

I have all kinds of comfy things packed for my trip, like my fleece pants and fleecy blanket and overstuffed pillow for night time!
Plus my fleecy socks and birkenstocks!
HAve I ever mentioned I LOVE fleece! LOL!

I will go to the library a few days before I leaqve to get a couple novels for my trip.
The day before I will pack a cooler of cheese, summer sausage, crackers, fruit, juice and chocolates!!

I am going to see all my old neighborhood hangouts plus see the fireworks on Elliot BAy!
I will be visiting my girlfriends going all the way back to second grade as well as seeing some other schoolfriends I have recently "found" on Classmates and FAcebook!
I am excited, too, to be meeting another FAmily Corner friend, KsenJen, who lives in Kitsap County!

I really did get some new shorts, a new swimsuit and new chonies so I really do feel like that little 8 years old girl anxious to get on the bus for Camp Wakoma!!!!

My last train trip in 2006, I kept a written travel journal and posted it here on FC when I got home. It WAS a good trip even though i ahd the bad experience some of you may remember with my then-best-friend, Eileen.
I am so over her now but do you know it took another year after I left Illinois to get over the hurt.
I'll be keeping a journal on this trip too and let me know if there is any interest and if so, I will post the journal entries when i get home!
I write about everything from people watching to what I had for lunch to what I am seeing out the train window!

hugs, train
Old 06-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

DeBora,
happy Two DAy LAte Belated Anniversary Wishes To You and Bruce!!!!!

love ya, train
Old 06-17-2009, 02:41 PM
Assistant Moderator

Patti, sounds like Steven is going to have a fun but busy summer. Is he finished with school yet?

Sandie, I haven’t tried the Glad microwave steaming bags yet. When I cook vegetables I put them in a covered Pyrex glass casserole bowl with about a tablespoon of water and they’re done in minutes. Hope you got to enjoy the sun today cause more rain is on the way – days and days of it according to the weatherman. The pool set your dd got looks awesome! Your burger recipe sounds awesome.

Sharon, that was so nice of your neighbor to give you the silhouette cut outs but I know what you mean about not expecting anything in return for the flowers. I checked my garden today and one of my pepper plants has been dug up (darn cats) and 3 of my 6 green bean plants have sprouted but nothing from the cucumbers yet. I am wondering if I will need to replant but we are getting more rain over the next few days. This has been the worst spring for gardening here. Glad you and Buck got to go out to lunch. Retirement does have its advantages! I don’t think I could get used to a larger meal mid-day though I am sure it might be healthier. We always eat our main meal in the evening too. I remember my grandparents on both sides eating a large meal mid-day and in the evening too. I can’t imagine doing that.

Connie, I bet your hollyhocks are beautiful. I should plant more flowers like that. Hope you can get your pool into shape. Do your dks think the cleaning fairy comes and cleans the house and the laundry fairy does their laundry and the cooking fairy makes their meals? I swear my dks think things get done by magic so I can sit and eat those bonbons and watch soaps.

Apricot, so glad to hear you will be keeping your job and that the clinic will not be closing. That must be a huge relief.

Charlotte, glad to hear your pool is ready to go for your party. Hope you are able to get all your outside chores done before the rain hits. So glad to hear your dd’s were able to get into the dentist. I know how hard it is to reschedule an appt. Our dentist is often booked 3-4 months in advance.

Joy, sorry to hear about the double fillings but glad you got it over with. I bet a lot of people were very sad to hear that your company is closing. I think not getting the job you applied for is because there is a much better job on the horizon waiting for you! Was it your ds who was also looking for a job? If so has he found one?

Donna, your train trip sounds like it is going to be so much fun! I bet it will be so cool to see all your girlfriends and school friends. I remember your trip to Illinois and loved reading your journal posts so was hoping you would do that again this trip. I will live vicariously through you LOL. And your "coffee cafe" sounds like such a cute idea. You can be as silly as you want! I think you have some great ideas!

Beautiful day here today – warm and sunny for a change. We were outside as much as possible because rain is coming back tomorrow. Seems we get one day of sunshine for every 5 days of rain. So not fair! Just me here for dinner tonight. Dh is playing softball with a team from work, ds1 and dd are off with friends and ds2 is not home from his 8th grade field trip yet. I have to pick him up at 7 p.m. He went to Funtown/Splashtown in Saco, Maine (though the students could only do the Funtown part) and left at 7:30 a.m. so it has been a long day for him. Tomorrow night is his 8th grade graduation. I have bought him a gift cert. to the video/music store that dd works at and will get him another small gift to go with it to commemorate the occasion. I may take everyone out for ice cream afterwards as well. Hard to believe school is over for the summer at the end of the week. My dc will be down to just 3 dks as I have several teachers’ children. My difficult child’s mom talked to me this morning and says his behavior at home has not been good either, especially language. Nice to know it isn’t just here but I cannot seem to get this boy to behave. If I even go to the bathroom he takes advantage of me being out of site to act up. It is going to be a long summer but I am not giving up on this kid. I think he has a tough enough time at home as it is. I can’t decide if I am just foolish or a sucker for punishment. I need to go clean up from dinner and then head out to pick up ds2. I hope he had a good day. Have a great evening!

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa

Last edited by Sammi1961; 06-17-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:14 PM
Assistant Moderator

DeBora happy anniversay!
Today my kids worked thier buns off, doing housework and laundry. I mopped the floors when I got home. I think they are beginng to see how working together does work!

I designed my brochures today. I will print a few off to show the spa owner tomorrow. I went through what I need and I have almost everything including sheets! I am very excited. My last class is Monday.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:59 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Sammi Steven's last day was yesterday. Gina Steven and I went out to eat this evening and then to W-Mart where I got some more squirrel cobs another bird feeder. along with some other things.

Donna/Train I too want to read all about your trip wish I was in your hip pocket but can't be so will enjoy it thru' your words.

Going out with Stacie and Lee tomorrow looking forward to that. Needless to say we will eat somewhere.

More later

Old 06-17-2009, 06:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

It sounds like there are lots of graduations and other parties going on this month. I hope everyone enjoys them. Sandie, That is a cool slide.

Donna, As someone else said, your excitment in anticipation of your train trip just flies off the page. I hope it is a positive and enjoyable one this time and would love to read a journal about it when you get back.

My dh won't eat much healthy food either but will eat wheat bread. Yesterday he decided to buy some groceries and picked up some things to make green salads but also came home with some little chocolate donuts.

One of my cats has been limping so I made an appointment to take her to the vet on Friday afternoon.

Sorry for those I missed.

Last edited by apricot; 06-17-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Train--If I had a fun trip planned I would be like a big kid waiting for it to begin too. I think it sounds like you will have a good time. Love your "coffee shop" idea for your home.
Sammi--Glad you got a little sunshine even if it doesn't last. Sounds like your difficult child's mom at least recognizes that her son is a problem. It is hard to understand what must be going through his mind with all the turmoil in his life. Both of my Ds are looking for jobs. Ds1 has his 3rd call back at an insurance company for job shadowing, so sounds promising. Ds2 has a temporary job at a pizza place until he can find something in his field. At least he makes enough to pay his expenses.
Connie--It would be fun to see your brochure if you can find a way to share it. Good luck on your new venture.
Apricot--My Dh is the most resistant member of my family when it come to eating healthier. He really dislikes "lowfat" things. He says he can taste the difference, but there have been times when I have slpped things in and he never knew the difference---LOL!!!
DeBora--Sorry I forgot your anninversary. I know you have a lot going on in your life right now. I think of you often during my day and say a quick prayer for you.
Patti--I hope you enjoy your outing today.
Sharon--Sounds like you and Buck are settling into retirment just fine. We eat our big meal in the evening at our house too. It seems like our schedules at lunch time are so unpredictable that a big meal is impossible to plan on.

Raining here today, again. Luckily we missed out on the storms that were roaming around the state last night. It is getting hotter and much more humid though. We finally broke down and started the airconditioner last night so the house would be cooler for sleeping.
Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:21 AM

DeBora, happy belated anniversary!

Joy, Buck is supposed to eat low fat but he too claims he can taste the difference. However I use low fat foods every chance I get. I cook with skim milk and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter for example.
Nice to be able to get both teeth done at the same appointment. I would rather do that than have 2 appointments.

Patti, have fun today.

Sammie, we did discover that by having a larger meal at 1PM, we were not hungry the rest of the day and didn't get the munchies. We may have to give this more thought.
It would be very hard to do however in the beginning. We just don't know.
Bean plants really grew the last couple of days.
Looks like it wants to rain, but weatherman says rain clouds are breaking up before they get here.
I believe I could not handle having that little boy.

Train, I would love to read about your train adventure.
Cute about the coffehouse at home.

Roland gave us some more rhubarb last night so Buck cut it up this morning. I am going to make some blueberry-rhubard jam and some rhubarb bars.

Hi to everyone.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Gotta love New England weather, lol, beautiful yesterday and
is back today, yes Sammi I heard the weather, and it doesnt sound good for the weekend, either.
Before my dad passed actually about 2 years before, my mom started serving dinner in the aft (around 1 or 2) then they would have something light at night, because my dad had problems sleeping if he ate a big meal at night, now she eats whenever she wants, she did it mostly for him. Wouldnt really matter if I changed it around lol because even now Darryl wil come home and have a big dinner atn ight, and around 8 or 9 I hear him in the kitchen making more to eat!
I have been sneaking in all kinds of low fat things lately, and Darryl doesnt know the difference, I even put plain yogurt in the sour cream container, (for baked potatoes) he used it, didnt say a word, lol, then I told him what it was
DeBora Happy Belated anniversary, I somehow missed it, hope you had a good one! Hope the gk's are doing well!
Well I was going to comment on a few other things and it just went out of my head, Im trying to do too many things at once here, lol. More later HUGS
Old 06-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

sandie i bought some ground chicken today but now i cant find your burger recipe i am only eating 1200 cal aday im under doctor orders and im trying to find new thing to eat that are low cal can you tell me where it is and can i mix up the burgers pat them out and freeze them since its just me eating them i dont want them to go to waste

Closed Thread