Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 03-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Dancing with the Stars season 11

So anyone else love watching the stars learn to dance. I am excited about this season...looks like a good line up......Should be interesting having Jewel and her hubby Ty on together.......

Here is the list

BELINDA CARLISLE -- Belinda Carlisle is not only known as the lead singer of the Go-Go's, the most successful all-female band of all time, but also as one of the late 80's most glamorous adult pop soloists. She teams with Jonathan Roberts, who returns for his sixth season.

DAVID ALAN GRIER -- Grier is often recognized for his work in television and film - in TV he is known from roles in In Living Color, Life with Bonnie with Bonnie Hunt, DAG, and most recently, Chocolate News for Comedy Central. Davis is paired with Kym Johnson, who returns for her sixth season.

JEWEL -- She grew up on a remote ranch in Alaska where her family were original pioneers. From poverty and teen homelessness, to the triumph of international stardom, the three-time Grammy nominee has enjoyed career longevity rare among her generation of artists and has sold twenty-seven million albums worldwide. She teams with 2006 U.S. National finalist Dmitry Chaplin, who makes his Dancing with the Stars debut.

SHAWN JOHNSON -- The youngest ever competitor on Dancing with the Stars, 17 year-old Olympian Shawn Johnson was the gold medalist in balance beam at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing where she also earned 3 silver medals in the team, floor exercise and individual all-around categories. She teams up with former Dancing with the Stars champ Mark Ballas, who returns for his fourth season.

LIL' KIM -- Born Kimberly Denise Jones, Lil' Kim, is a Grammy Award winning multi-platinum rapper, singer, actress, and fashion icon. She is one of three female rappers to have a #1 Billboard Hot 100 hit with 2001's Lady Marmalade, featuring Christina Aguilera, Pink, & Mưa.Lil' Kim teams with reigning champ Derek Hough, who returns for his fourth season.

GILLES MARINI -- Gilles Marini exploded onto the scene as Dante, the Casanova living in the beach house next door to Kim Cattrall's Samantha in the Sex and the City movieHe teams up with two-time champion Cheryl Burke. Cheryl returns for her seventh season.

TY MURRAY -- Ty Murray has been labeled the most accomplished rodeo athlete in the century-long history of the sport. With a record-setting seven All-Around World Championship titles and two bull riding world titles under his belt, Murray has truly earned his nickname as "King of the Cowboys." He joins 10 Dance Youth National champion Chelsie Hightower, who makes her series debut.

STEVE-O -- Steve-O wrote himself a "mile of work" to do for Tremaine and Jackass. When MTV rejected his more dangerous ideas, Steve-O produced his own "too hot for TV" video series and stage show with the Don't Try This At Home Tour. 2006 U.S. Youth Latin champ and 2007 World Swing Dance champ Lacey Schwimmer returns for her second season to team with Steve-O.

NANCY O'DELL -- The co-Anchor of Access Hollywood,She teams with Tony Dovolani, who returns for his seventh season.

DENISE RICHARDS -- Known for her roles in films such as Wild Things and Starship Troopers, Denise Richards got her start as a fashion model before making her way into television and movies. She teams with Maksim Chmerkovskiy, who returns for his sixth season.

LAWRENCE TAYLOR -- Widely regarded as the greatest defensive player in the history of the National Football League, Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor rewrote the record book and built a legendary following during one of the most storied careers in the history of American sport. He teams with Edyta Sliwinska, who is the only pro to compete in all eight seasons of Dancing with the Stars.

CHUCK WICKS -- A gifted songwriter and vocalist, Chuck Wicks made a compelling impression with his Top 5 smash, Stealing Cinderella, the fastest-rising single by a debut country act in 2007.Chuck teams with girlfriend and two-time champ Julianne Hough, who returns for her fifth season.

STEVE WOZNIAK -- A Silicon Valley icon and philanthropist for the past three decades, Steve Wozniak, a.k.a. The Woz, helped shape the computer industry with his design of Apple's first line of products, the Apple I and II, and influenced the popular Macintosh. He teams with Karina Smirnoff, who returns for her sixth season.

hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 03-06-2009, 06:11 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Nancy O'Dell and Jewel have pulled out of the show because of injuries. Should be interesting to see who replaces them. I can't wait for it to start I really don't care for Idol anymore. They have really messed it up in my Opinion.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

oh wow I had not heard that...was really looking forward to seeing Jewel dance.....will be interesting to see who they replace them with.....

hugs debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 03-13-2009, 06:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I watch it and totally enjoy it. I was sorry to hear about the two that had to bow out. Knee surgery is no fun been there done that.
I have no faves yet in the "non pros" but love Cheryl
Old 03-13-2009, 08:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I really liked The young gymnast shawn.....she did really well and I like Melissa.....The guys have a lot of improving to do . I did like that they really did try to dance .......

I was not a fan of Dennis Richards dancing.....but I am not a fan of hers at any time so maybe that is why....

Hugs debbie

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 03-13-2009, 08:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I don't care for Denise either but also like Shawn a gutsy young lady
Old 03-14-2009, 07:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I am so excited about this new season - I loved Shawn but really didn't like Denise Richards - She looked so stiff but I don't care for her anyways which seems to be the general consensus - I thought that Bruno was really brutal in his observations which was surprising to me - I think this will be a good season & am looking forward to next weeks show!!!