Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 02-19-2009, 12:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

New Season of American Idol, anyone watching??

Has anyone started watching American Idol, I normally dont start until the final 12 have been picked, but I knew they were doing it different this year so I have been watching it all.
Right now they have them in groups of 12, and the 3 out of the 12 with the highest votes gets to be in the top 12.Then after 9 are picked, the judges go back and pick the final 3, so the ones that didnt get picked by the viewers still have a chance when the judges vote.
I had already picked Danny as a favorite so I was glad he got thrugh, and Alexis Grace was a favorite of mine as well. The other one Michael, was ok, but there were others better than him I thought.

Last edited by sandieluvsbears; 02-19-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sandie I have been watching somewhat....I like the girl and 1 guy they choose this week......I am not sure I really like the format for picking the top 12 this year.....I feel some great singers may get left behind.....I like watching once the top 12 are choosen

hugs dEbbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 02-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Im not that crazy about the format myself, there was definately some much better male singers, than the "steelworker" guy that got picked, the other one was a fav of mine right from his 1st audition,so Im glad he got in, he was the one that just lost his wife.
Its gonna be a long drawn out process too, next week 12 more will sing, then the next night 3 will be picked, then the following week, the same thing lol, then the judges pick the final 3, lol.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:21 PM
Nine Year Member

Thumbs up

Yes, I've been watching. I really like Danny and already I'm hoping he does good. I forgot her name but I did like the blond with the pink streaks. I think she's very good too. ......Till next week......
Old 02-26-2009, 06:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I liked the young 16 yr old girl last night that sang the "Heart" song, and the last one that sang Satisfaction, (cant remember the names yet lol) no one else really impressed me very much. This seems like such a long process to get the final 12!
Old 02-26-2009, 10:31 AM
Nine Year Member

Thumbs up

I Can't Remember His Name Eithe But The Kid Who Sang Satisfaction Was My Favorite.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sandie I taped last nights show so i could flip through it quickly.....I agree with the two that you picked..i hope they make it through....

I really do not like the whole process this year........

Hugs debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 02-26-2009, 11:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I agree Deb, I dont like it either, after they pick the 3 tonight to go on to the top 12, they still have 6 more to pick, which drags it out a few more weeks. I heard on some show, that this will be Paulas last season, so the new one is sort of "in training" this season to take over Paulas place. Has anyone seen any of Paulas jewlry on HSN, some of it is real pretty, some of it is just way too "big" for my taste lol.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:25 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I agree with all of you. Adam Lambert was the guy who sang "Satisfaction". My favorite so far is Danny Gokey, from last week (2/18) Although, I might be biased, he is from Milwaukee, and I am in Wausau, WI. However, he is great! And the girl who sang Heart was incredible. What a set of pipes!!! And at her age.

Lizajane
Old 02-27-2009, 07:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Danny was my favorite right from the start! Yes the girl (16yr old) has an amazing voice just naturally gifted. I was happy with all 3 of last nights picks.