Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 03:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

January 2009 Friendship Flower

Wow welcome to 2009!!!! Can you believe it is Jannuary 1st????? Seems like yesterday we were ringing in 2000. So did you all stay up and ring in the new year with style???? My family opted for a quiet night at home with lots of munchies and board games. It is the first year my oldest will not be with us.....he is babysitting. Hard to accept they are getting older....
Did any of you make any New Years resolutions??? I have many things I would like to accomplish so instead of picking one thing just working on being more organized and finishing projects I start.
So any special plans for the month? For us hubby will be leaving to go on course for 2 1/2 months, we have 2 bonspiels out of town, exams for my oldest and my birthday is in there.

Hugs debbie
Attached Images

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 12-31-2008, 11:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

subbing
Old 12-31-2008, 11:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Hi, jusr subbing.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:52 AM
Nine Year Member

subbing

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 12-31-2008, 12:17 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year.

DH came down for his birthday. DD called and wanted me to come pick up my DGS because she didn't have enough gas to bring him to me. (They brought back DGD last night, but kept DGS because DD stated that he was covered in a rash and coughing so badly that he was vomiting.) I told my DD that I was busy cleaning the RV and getting things ready for her daddy's birthday. She wasn't happy about that, but she can't bring the kids to me when it is convenient for her and inconvenient for me. She asked if daddy was here and I said he was on his way home. She asked if her daddy would mind coming to get DGS. I told her that I was sure that he would. DH said that he would go pick up DGS. When he got here about 40 minutes ago, he was coughing, cranky, wheezing, and running a fever of 100.7! I called my DD and told her about DGS being so sick. She said, "Oh yeah, I meant to tell you about that." I asked her if he had taken anything for his fever or cough. She said that she hadn't given him anything for his fever because she didn't have anything for fever. I literally wanted to strangle her. Anyway, I gave him some cold/flu medication that has something for reducing fever. I got him to eat a little bit and rocked him. I gave him something to drink and he is now resting. I am contiplating on not going to see my DS if DGS is still this sick. I am worried that my DD won't take care of him if he is still this sick. I am hoping that he'll get better by Friday.

As soon as my show is over, I am going to start working on DH's birthday dinner. I got some poppers and other firework stuff for the kids. I hope DGS is feeling better after his nap so he can enjoy it.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:44 PM
Assistant Moderator

Patti, So glad to hear that Adam is doing well. Hope he gets a good report from the doctors. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I know how hard it is to lose someone you love and care about. Seems like the holidays are always a difficult time for something like that but that’s often when it happens.

Donna, so sorry to hear that you have been sick. I sure hope you are feeling better today. Hope you and Mark have an awesome New Years!

Felicia, if I remember correctly, “bodice rippers” (as romance novels used to be called) didn’t always have explicit sex in them - they more hinted and left things to the imagination. Sounds like your book is going well. I think I would have a very hard time writing sex scenes too.

Sueanne, that bread looks fantastic. I think homemade bread is one of my very favorite foods. Hope we can both get our trees down soon after New Years!

Lauri, I hope your “bad thought” go away and that you have a a good New Years. Remember your FC family loves you and we have all had thoughts like that from time to time.

Stuckathomemom, I can’t wait to get the tree down as I have a small living room! I will miss the Christmas lights, though. We don’t have big plans for New Years. We will be home, order Chinese food and watch videos till it is time to watch the ball drop.

Sharon, I got Stephen King’s book “Lisey’s Story” for Christmas and ds1 got “Just After Sunset”. Have you read those two yet? How much snow did you end up getting? We got maybe an inch or so of the light fluffy stuff, much less than expected. Thanks for filling us in on Donna Marie. I wish John would cooperate with her more. She is in such a difficult position - wanting him home but not having any help to care for him. Hope you and Buck have a terrific New Years.

DeBora, I am glad your dd has been spending time with your dgks. It must give you a bit of a break. As long as they can see their mom, I have a feeling they will be much better behaved for you with the stability and security. I am sorry to hear that your dgs is not feeling well. I hope he does get better soon so you can still go visit your ds.

Donna (dval) I hope you have a fantastic time with your friends tonight. Glad it isn’t anything too serious with your cat and I hope he gets better soon. And I have to say, giving a cat a pill is not always fun. The first couple times aren’t too bad but if they catch on watch out LOL.

Sandie, believe it or not, my dh got hooked on the Janet Evanovich books and has read every one of them. He is now recommending them to me ! Great minds think alike - dh and I are ordering Chinese food tonight too. I am glad your mom’s doctor’s appointment went well but I was surprised too that he put her on an antidepressant. Will she be spending New Year’s eve with you?

Coll, so glad to hear your dad is getting better. Is he ok about the possibility of not going back to work? I hope you have a great New Years.

Joy, glad to hear your dh is feeling better and hope he gets that catheter out soon. Hope you have a wonderful New Years.

Theresa, so glad that you get to be home with Glen for New Years. You are in my prayers and I hope that the surgery goes really well. Hope you and Glen have a wonderful New Years.

DebK, Hope you have a terrific New Years! I know I had a hard time the first time all of my dks weren’t here for the holiday too. It used to be they were out babysitting but then when they got older they wanted to spend New Years with their friends. I think tonight, though, I hit the jackpot and they will all be home.

Twenty six years ago tonight, my dh proposed to me. Hard to believe it was that long ago. We will have been married for 24 years this coming May. We have no big plans for tonight other than ordering Chinese food and watching videos. It is supposed to be extremely cold and windy tonight so it is a really good night to stay in. I want to wish everyone a wonderful, happy and healthy New Year! See you all in 2009!

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 12-31-2008, 12:52 PM
Assistant Moderator

Sammi what a wonderful memory of your engagment. We will be married 25 years this June. Where did the time fly?

I am looking into selling items on ebay to bring in some money. I am getting excited about it.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi!

Deb, my oldest will not be with us on NYE either. He is going to a friend's house for an overnight. I'm glad he will not be out riding around with other kids, at least, but will miss him. The rest of us are going to DD's friend's house. They have a little party every year & fireworks at midnight. It's a fun time, just a few families, some board games, lots of food.

I got an email from Donna-Marie and she is really having a tough time of it. The home health people seem to think that because she has worked in the nursing field, she does not need help

Theresa hope you can have the needed surgery soon.

Patti, I'm sorry to read about the loss of your good friend. It is especially hard around holiday time, I know!

I went to the bookstore today to spend my gift certificates. I still have some money left on one; got 2 books, one fiction and one nonfiction. But it was just so nice to walk around the store with my coffee (yes, I got a coffee treat!) and browse around. I was in there about an hour, until they put on some music I didn't like...then I couldn't wait to leave, LOL!
Old 12-31-2008, 02:55 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Happy new year to all my dear friends

Old 12-31-2008, 03:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Happy New Year to you all~

I did manage to get all the decorations off my tree and the ones I had in the house.

We went to Daytona and ate at Uno's. Also went to Barnes and Nobles, PetSmart, Old Navy.

I am staying in ... just watching TV w/the kids. Hope you all have a great night.
Felicia

Closed Thread