Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 04:00 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

December Friendship flower thread

Well can you believe it is December already???? Only 25 more days till Christmas. Where does the time go???? So are you already for the holidays Do you have christmas lights up and your gifts all bought??? I am trying to have a relaxing stress free holiday. Already sent out all my christmas Cards and all my gifts for out of town are bought , wrapped and mailed. I am pretty much done my own family too.

So do you have any grand plans for the holidays Any special traditions?

Hugs debbie
Attached Images

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by debknechtel; 12-30-2008 at 07:27 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:23 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi everyone!

I feel like I'm already behind in getting Christmas started. So I won't ask DebK if she's done yet! I know she's so efficient with these things.

Theresa, is there any way you & Glen can manage to NOT BE HOME when the ILs show up? Boy, that takes nerve.

DeBora, get well soon!
Old 12-01-2008, 04:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Well, we have all the gifts bought for our children except for stocking stuffers. Also bought a few gifts for others. In the next few weeks we will finish shopping for Christmas. I even made a few gifts too. I even bought some baby clothes for a baby shower my cousin has coming up on Saturday. I found some cute outfits on clearance. It helped I know she is having another boy. So I bought a cute blue onesie shirt with a lion on it and also a blue striped onesie with a dinosaur on it and matching shorts for warm weather. For either Christmas Eve or, on Christmas we will eat and exchange gifts at my sister in laws house. It will be a house full. As it will be the 4 of us, our nieces and their husbands and 2 children, our great niece and nephew and of course our sister in law and her husband. Also before Christmas hope to have some family come over for a Christmas party with snacks and such and visit with them. I am finishing writing out my Christmas cards and will mail those I need to soon. I started writing my Christmas cards over the Thanksgiving weekend. Just like I do every year, except for last year. As last year I only did e-cards and no paper Christmas cards. Time got away from me that year. The children and I will make chocolate covered pretzels, we do that almost every year. We are thinking of making a gingerbread house this year too. Last year, for Christmas the children got a gingerbread house from their cousin and they were so excited and happy about that. This year we thought we would make one of our own. Hubby has made gingerbread houses before, but I have never tried to before. I hope everyone has a great day. God bless.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I can’t believe it is December already. Most of my shopping is done, I don’t know how I did it before online shopping. It is so much easier
Theresa & DeBora prayers for both your families
The outside and tree are up , we still need to finish the tree and do the rest of the house. I hate being wheelchair bound and having to have others do it. O well it could be worse.
I plan to call the drs office today, a few questions have come up.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:57 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Connie, I think it is great that Jasmine talked to her grandfather and asked him those important questions. I guess I never understood why just one or two meals a year during the holidays could not be made safe for your dd so your family could attend them. Isn’t family more important than food? I do hope your dh hears about the job soon. Sounds like Stuie has given your dd a lot more confidence.

Lauri, I always had to go visit my parents rather than they come here as my dad hated to travel (though my mom did visit a few times) and they only lived an hour and a half away! Hope work goes well today. Hang in there till your next week off!

Ellen, wow, sounds like you are getting a lot of knitting done. I think homemade knitted mittens and socks are just the best! Glad your decorating is coming along. I haven’t even started yet.

Melly, it must be very nice to have your dh in town for awhile. I watched Christmas movies on tv over the weekend too.

Theresa, I have to say I cannot imagine inviting myself over to someone’s house for Christmas even if it was a relative so I think your mil has a lot of nerve. I cannot blame you and Glen for not wanting her and the other relatives to visit and I hope either they don’t or you two can manage not to be home if they stop by. You deserve to have a peaceful and happy Christmas.

Sueanne, sounds like you are getting a lot of stuff done. I bet Goodwill will appreciate all the donations.

Felicia, I watched several movies on Falalala Lifetime yesterday too while I was cleaning. Hope your eBay selling is going well.

Patti, I like your granddad’s saying!!

DeBora, I hope that things work out so your dd and her family do have a place to live. Would her mil actually put them out on the street? Your dgks are very lucky to have you and your dh to stand up for them. I sure hope you feel better today.

Denahowy, you are so ahead of me in getting ready for Christmas. I have barely started my shopping! Hope you and your dks have fun making the gingerbread house. Sounds like you will have a wonderful holiday season.

Sleet and freezing rain here after snowing last night. It is messy out. Have 4 dc children so far today and they are being very loud. I am still over tired from the weekend. Catching up on laundry today. My Board meeting got changed to next week which is good. I am just barely starting to get ready for Christmas. I have done some on-line shopping and did pick up a couple things at the mall on Saturday. I am hoping next weekend I can buckle down and do some marathon shopping to get as much done as possible and at some point this week I hope to get my outside Christmas lights up. I need to order my cards too! I am feeling very behind in everything! Hope everyone is having a good Monday!

~Mother Theresa

Old 12-01-2008, 05:32 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sammi, my DD's mil needs to put them on the street. Otherwise, they'd live there forever, never grow up, spend all their money on drugs, and make the mil cook, clean, and everything else. The GKs have to sleep on the floor and the mil's DD also has to sleep on the floor because DD and her DH as sleeping in her bed. So, the only way they will grow up is when people start making them act like grown-ups. The MIL and I have talked and if the adults are homeless, I will take the GKs. We've talked in the past about telling the adults that we'll take care of the kids while they get their lives in order. We are hoping that she will tell them to get out.

If the GKs do come live with me, temporarily, we plan on telling them what we normally tell them when they come over between semesters for visits. We'll just tell them they are coming over for a visit and to give mom a break. If things get as bad as I think they are, DH plans on asking DD if we get get temporary custody so that we can put the kids on our insurance and get their teeth fix, get them medical attention, and I can enroll the baby in preschool so he can get started on speech therapy. We have a plan, we just have to deal with it delicately.

I called the supervisor and left her a message about my confidentiality being broken and that my DD was given 6 days to take a drug test. I am waiting for her return call. I am giving her 30 minutes and then I am calling her back. If I can't get her to return my call soon, I will call the next person up. I will continue complaining until somebody listens to me. I read their handbook and they are supposed to get a drug test within 24 hours of informing the person they have to take a drug test. The investigator carries a mouth swab kit with her so she could have gotten it.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 12-01-2008, 05:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

DeBora, I sure hope you are able to get custody of yr GKS.

Theresa, I'm so sorry the yr inlaws are being this way. Some people just live in a Pollyanna world and beleive what they want. I hope for yr sake they change their minds.

I haven't started decorating yet, soon I guess.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:26 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Gosh it's Dec all ready! I do have most of my Xmas shopping done. I am looking forward to getting a tree this week. We have our tree decorating tradition. I make homemade hot cocoa and cookies. We listen to Christmas music only while we decorate and when it's all done we have our tree decorating ceremony. We all choose a name and then we draw one out of a jar.
Well I have a busy day ahead. I hope you all have a good Monday!
Felicia

Old 12-01-2008, 06:54 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

DeBora good for you! I still worry about my son and his wife but thank the Lord there are no children!

I am so proud of my daughter! FIL needed to hear it from dd not me or dh. I doubt anything will be done, I doubt we will be here and I am NOT driving six hours to be with the gene pool for a holiday. Will not do it.

I am hoping Gregg will here something today!! I have some sorting and cleaning to do. I am scared to start packing, don't want to jinx it.

My kids are making Christmas candy. They want it done so if we move, the candy is ready for Christmas day. I raised two smart kids!
Old 12-01-2008, 07:46 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

December already...Guess I slept through November...lol...not really but I think I could sleep through all of December...

Barbszy I like your plan of not being here when the in-laws show up but with our luck they will get into the house some how and take what ever they want...the last time Glen's mother was here she stole money from us...that did it for me...there was no reason for her or any of them to steal from us...we don't have much but we have worked hard for what we do have...

Felicia I like your tree decorating traditions...have a great day...

DeBora I hope December is better than November was for you and your grandkids...I sure hope something can be done about your grandkids living with you and your hubby...

Denahowy you will enjoy making the gingerbread house...my kids and I did one every year but then they got older and didn't want to do it any more...I stopped making them a few years ago...

Sammi I hope the dc kids are a bit quieter for you today...We got a lot of snow on the weekend and I hope that is it for a while...

Cau have a wonderful day...any news on when your surgery will be...

Lauri the one thing about my in-laws is that they never wait to be invited any where...they just show up and it wouldn't be the first time they have done it to us...Still thinking about moving and changing my name...lol

I have the inside and outside of the house decorated...the tree has been up for a while now...all hubby's gifts wrapped and under the tree except for one large gift...a pressure washer that he just had to have...lol...Have all my Christmas baking done and in the freezer...all my Christmas cards have been sent out...just need to wrap the kids and grandkids gifts and get them out on the bus next week and then I am done until Christmas day when I cook for Glen and 2 of his buddies that are alone during the holidays...Yahoo...

Hope everyone has a wonderful day...

Smiles & Hugs...

Closed Thread