Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 07:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

October Friendship Flower 08

Welcome to October!!! Can you believe it is fall already!!! This month in canada we will celebrate thanksgiving Mmmm turkey dinner will be yummy. The days are getting shorter and the weather is getting cooler. This is one of my favorite times of the year. . so what are your plans this month?? Any special celebrations going on in your corner of the world???

Hugs debbie
Attached Images

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by debknechtel; 10-30-2008 at 05:10 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

3 Craft shows one this coming Saturday that Gina and I are going to for her to get some ideas for when she has her show on 17th, 18th, & 19th and then another one on 25th.
I will be going off for my yearly b'day getaway with Susie either will be picked up evening of 15th or 16th not sure yet and be back here nite of 18th and will be at show with Gina on 19th Busy month around here
Old 09-30-2008, 08:16 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

I hope everything works out well for Theresa and the Johns.

Felicia, I hope your wrist/elbow gets to feeling better.

I am strapped for time as usual. Poncho did well in surgery. He has 4 teeth left. The growths were not cancerous. He will be sore for a few days but he is fine. He is sticking to me like glue. I fired off an email to my boss' boss to day about several complaints I have about the temp boss. As is my monthly duty, I sent out requests for the October newsletter. I got a complaint that they never received the September newsletter. I forwarded it to my boss' boss and my boss as I don't know what to say or do. I am questioning why it was never sent out. I think my boss messed up. Her boss just said that it was a work in progress--whatever that means. I am sure we are going to have several behind closed doors meetings tomorrow over all of this!

DH got a call today that his company will be selling all the fields in parts of Texas and NM. So, we aren't sure what the future will hold for us at this point.

Well, I need to do some homework and go to bed.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:53 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Hi Everyone...

I am sorry I should have explained things better in my post and I did not mean to worry anyone...everything hit me at once and I didn't know if I was coming or going any more...

I am not sleeping though I think I should be...Its been a rough week but I am feeling better now...okay not 100% but better...I spent the day in court getting a restraining order against my mother-in-law...I know it was mean but I had to do something...

I am doing okay on my own...I am rediscovering who I am and you know what I like me just the way I am...

Glen and I have had problems in the past couple of years and it was all the stuff with his mother and his family that finally pushed me over the edge...Glen kept pushing me away and I told him one day he would push me so far and I would never come back...and that day came...I love him with all my heart but I couldn't take being treated like I was worthless...

I am just taking it one day at a time and one step at a time...

Felicia glad you got in to see someone about your arm...

Barbszy I am so sorry about your dad...Prayers for him and you and your family...

Ellen prayers for your mom...

Donna Marie hope John is feeling better...is he at home now...hugs

Bar_bar keeping John and you in my prayers...

My son's birthday is on October 24th...hard to believe that he will be 27 and a dad to 3 kids and a new baby on the way...

I won't be doing much this month...just back and forth to the doctor's...I have an appointment in Winnipeg on the 8th and 9th...a friend is taking me...

Guess that is it for now...Hope everyone has a wonderful week...

Not sure when I will be able to post again but I miss everyone here...thank you everyone for being a wonderful part of my life...

Smiles & Hugs...
Take Care...

Last edited by BuddyBeanieBaby; 10-01-2008 at 12:56 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:17 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Therese so happpy to hear from you and that you are doing ok and im glad you got a restraining order against your mil please check in when you can we all love and worry about you and care about how you are

WOW Oct where does time go no big plans for this month just trying to survive in this crazy world

Old 10-01-2008, 03:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Theresa, it's good to hear from you. Even if you can't post much, know that we are all thinking of you and holding you in prayers!
Old 10-01-2008, 04:24 AM
Assistant Moderator

Donna-Marie, I hope John recovers from his pneumonia and that he doesn't have cancer. You are both in my prayers.

Connie, I hope things work out for the spaghetti dinner. It is a lot of work so I hope people step up to help.

Barbszy, I hope everything goes ok for your dad. I know the waiting is hard (probably more so on you and your mom). He will be in my prayers.

Ellen, I am sorry to hear about your mom. Is she in the hospital or at home? Hopefully your sister can get some good information on how to help her since she is a speech therapist.

Patti, hope you are feeling better today. sounds like you have a busy month ahead with craft fairs and your birthday trip. I hope you and Susie have a wonderful time!

DeBora, glad Poncho did well in surgery. Sounds to me like your temp boss is not doing a very good job. When does your regular boss come back from maternity leave? I hope things work out for your dh as far as his job goes.

Theresa, it is so nice to see your post. We were all worried. I think you did the right thing in getting a restraining order against your mil. You deserve to have some peace and not to be harrassed. You are a terrific person and a good friend so never doubt that! I hope things continue to get better for you. You are always in my prayers.

Karen, survival seems to be key for most of us these days!

Only 4 dc kids today. It is cloudy and rainy out so we will be inside. Dh is home sick today so still upstairs in bed. No whining so far which is good. (he can be kind of a baby when he is sick). I will see if he wants a cup of tea later. One time when I was really sick (temp of 103 etc.) I was up in bed. After awhile dh came up to ask me if I needed anything. I asked him if he could please make me a cup of tea. He said ok and went back downstairs to do that. Two hours later I am still waiting for my tea so I come downstairs and ask him. Well he made the tea all right, he just forgot to bring it up to me. Lucky for him I will remember to take better care of him!!! Hope everyone is having a great day!

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa

Last edited by Sammi1961; 10-01-2008 at 04:35 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:26 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Theresa, you are in all our prayers.

I hope Barbar's John is getting better. Also hope all those who are sick and health issues get better really soon.

Well, here I am getting ready for a birthday on Oct. 9th. This week I will be wrapping gifts and buying the rest of the gifts for my son. He turns 11 on Oct. 9th. At least this month is slower than last month, with 3 birthdays including mine and my 15th wedding anniversary. September sure went quick.

Hope everyone has a great day. God bless.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:38 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Theresa, I am glad that you have been able to post. I am so sorry about your marriage. I think MILs should stay out of the marriages of their DSs. When there are children and grandchildren involved, they might just dislike the grandmother. It is something that she should just might her own business about.

It is difficult to keep up with everyone.

Well, I've got to put on my make-up as DH and I are going out to breakfast. I would imagine that my boss' boss will be talking to me this morning. I got a complaint about not receiving a newsletter last month, so I will need to go forward to find out whether or not one was sent out before requesting information for next October's newsletter.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:42 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

subbing

Closed Thread