Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 06:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Barbszy I am sorry to hear the news of your father. I will keep you all in my prayers.

The same for you Ellen! I am so sorry about your Mom.

Theresa I am sorry things worked out the way they have for you because I agree with you, you're wonderful the way you are. I'm always a phone call or email or letter away if you need me.

Connie I am still praying your family gets the support it needs from your community.

DeBora I am happy Poncho did well in surgery. Did that temp lady leave your office and your old boss come back?

Donna-Marie I am praying for your John.

My arm is still in pain. The medication they gave me did nothing and the sling made it worse since my arm goes numb when it's bent. The first doctor was nice, the 2nd doctor of course said he 'never heard of my symptoms' and they could not be caused by my job and I should just go to my own doctor for help. I knew that their workers comp doctors would do that. So we got a workers comp lawyer. I have an appt with a doctor my lawyer set me up with. Because obviously there is something wrong. And I was fine until I worked at PCD. I even took a physical and did the hand stuff to show I didnt have carpel tunnel etc to get this job. I will let my lawyer deal with them now. We have the biggest workers comp lawyer around, my husband used him twice and he became a family friend. And he's a bulldog.....

Felicia

Old 10-01-2008, 07:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Sorry for the b2b but someone asked about their female dog being in heat and how long it lasts, so here's the answer.
How long does the heat cycle last?
The average is three weeks or 21-days. In some dogs, it lasts only two weeks while others go four weeks.
How often will she be in heat?
Most female dogs have regular cycles usually every six to eight months. It’s quite typical to be in heat twice a year.

Felicia

Old 10-01-2008, 07:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Theresa very good to see you here. YOU are fine just the way you are. And like the others I am glad you got the restraining order. We love you

Yes a busy month but to be honest I like busy, just hope my joints keep up lol. Will take my trusty walker with seat with me everywhere just in case.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Felicia, I'm glad you are not just taking that wc doctor's word for it, but are following up with other doctors and a good lawyer. I hope you can get some relief from the pain soon!

Sammi, LOL about your DH forgetting to bring you the tea! I hope he is feeling better soon.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Felicia, I remember when I got tendonitis I wore a brace instead of a sling and it got better. Tedonitis is similar to carpal tunnel. I'm right handed and I had it in my right wrist. I still have trouble with it when it is cold weather and then I wear my wrist brace when doing things. Sometimes the slings don't help and also they can make it stuff later on. As someone told me that and then people have to go for physical therapy on it to get use of it again. I have tendonitis in my right wrist and from time to time I have to wear a wrist brace when doing things. I remember very well how my work was at the time about it. They acted like the job didn't cause it and the job was separating parts including twisting off plastic parts. My wrist was fine before I worked there. Anyway, I had to file the workers comp. information myself and I had to see their doctor. I think they always try to get out using workmen's comp and paying through it. I''m glad you got a lawyer and are fighting it. I had a choice of a brace or sling, I went with the brace as the sling was hard to do things with and didn't really help it. I was on medication for a week to help it heal. I also had an Aunt who got carpal tunnel from work and had to have surgery to relieve the effects of it.
Here is a site that has braces, you can also find them various places. http://www.ebrace.net/wristbraces.html

I hope it gets better and if you have to have surgery I hope that helps it.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone,
Glad you posted Theresa, the main thing is to do what is right for YOU, and sounds like you did just that,Praying you continue to have the strength, I know from personal experience, how that inner strength comes out, and you didnt even realize you had it! Keep us posted when you can.
Donna Marei, Im sorry about John, hope he gets better, and you get some good news soon
Bar bar Praying for your John as well, I missed alot of the back posts, so IM not up to date on whats going on, with everyone, I have been having a WAY too busy week, so far, and Im getting more stressed by the minute, over this upcoming wedding (the 11th), yes only 10 more days!! Yesterday dd, and I went to the nursery she is getting her flowers from, one of her patients, brothers owns this particular nursery, and arranged for her to get an awesome deal on the flowers. I about fell over when I heard how much it was going to be, lol! Get this, we picked out the flowers for the church, (we arent doing alot in the church because then we would have to have someone take them out and bring them to the reception) all the flowers for the reception hall, and the head table, the corsages for me and dd's, mil, the small bouquets for the bridesmaids, and dd's bouquet, which is 10 dozen baby tea roses, for the grand total of $200!!!!!!!!! Tell me there isnt a HUGE mark up on flowers, lol. Also the woman (dd's patient) is making up the corsages for me and mil, and putting together the bouquets as a wedidng gift to her, because even though as of next week, she will no longer be a patient of dd's, they have become very close and she said she thinks of her as one of her daughters, (her own 2 daughters, rarely visit her, so I know she is lonely as well. Its so sad to hear things like that, especially when the daughters live the next town over, their lives cant be "that busy" that they neglect their own mom, ya know.
My dd got this package deal at her hairdressers, so this Sat., me, dd, and my 2 oldest gd's (not Caitlyn lol) are going to have our hair done to see if we like it for the day of the wedding. Then on the morning of the wedding, we get it done again, (the wedding is at 5 pm) so plenty of time to go and do that. Im debating on whether to wear it up or down, Im leaning towards up. DD is having hers up, but he is gonna do it so if she wants it down for the reception, all she will have to do is take out a few hairpins and it will look nice, she has gorgeous hair anyhow. If its hot or humid out my hair is better up, cuz it doesnt hold well down in humidity, like today, lol. Its cloudy out which isnt bad, but soooo humid, its awful.
Other than that, not much else new, lol, Im making candy apples again for tomorrow, my friend is gonna sell the last batch of her relish, and pickled onions(which btw are awesome) probably will be the last week we go to the Farmers Market, unless she makes more relish, it ends the 30th of this month. Today around 1:30 on the main street, the Ringling Bros., are having a Parade of the animals, they will go all the way down the main street to the Verizon Center, (where they will be having shows for the next few days) DD only works til noon today and is bringing Caitlyn up, so we are gonna go down there Im hoping the rain holds off, because it sure does look it right now.
Well hope you all have a nice day, and Hugs to all, Prayers to everyone that needs them.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:24 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Sorry for the BTB , that was me Felicia that asked about the dog, thanks for the info, dd looked it up online, they are having the dog spayed real soon, lol!! Also I neglected to say Im sorry about your arm hope you find a solution, and Barbzy Im sorry about your dad, hope he can maybe get the surgery sooner!

Hugs and Prayers
Old 10-01-2008, 07:41 AM
Assistant Moderator

subbing
Old 10-01-2008, 09:46 AM

Felicia, workmen's comp always tries to get out of paying. When you have pain in the elbow, you either have tennis elbow or golfer's elbow, depening on which side of the elbow your pain is on.
I didn't claim WC as I knew it wouldn't go anywhere and I would be marked as a person to get rid of for some stupid reason they could come with. WalMart refuses to pay for these types of injuries as it cannot be proven that they came from work. It is in print in the handbook. I hope you can get this taken care of. I wore a brace and yes when you have your arm in a sling, your elbow does become stiff and hurts even more.

Theresa, nice to see you posting. Glad you are staying with a friend and are not alone.
Prayers continue here. You know we all care about you and worry. I hope you can pop in ever so often.

DeBora, I'm glad Poncho did well in surgery.

Donna-Marie, I hope John is doing better.

Bar_bar, I hope your John is doing better also.

Patti, you will be busy. But it will be fun.

Sammi, I hope your dh doesn't start whining.

I can't believe it is Oct. already. Buck will be gone one weekend this month for fishing. I will go visit with ds again. I need to get those plants in since it is cool.

Going to try to post a couple of pics of my plants.
Attached Images

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-01-2008, 10:02 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Sharon your plants are beautiful

Closed Thread