Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Theresa so glad to hear you are doing okay,I am sorry to hear about your marriage and your MIL,but you need to do what is good for you before you think of what is good for others.I will be praying for you.

Donna I hope your john is doing better and bar_bar I hope things are better with your John also.Thinking of both you ladies and your husbands.

Barsby hope your dad is doing better and hope your mom is getting better Ellen.

To anyone I missed hope your family and friends that are in need are getting what they need.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

This is a crazy month for us. We will finish up soccer but then scouts is going full blast and now I have two in scouts, plus school and the holiday's right around the corner. whew.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Donna Marie I am glad you and John had a nice trip and got to spend time together...keeping you both in my prayers...

Sorry to hear bar_bar's John has been moved...continued prayers for her and John...

Connie I have days like that where all I want to do is sleep and then sleep some more...hope all goes well with the fundraiser...

Hope DeBora is feeling better soon...

Playsdolls thank you...My mil is just a very mean person...she drove away hubby's sister's husband...not a nice person at all...

Have done nothing today...My doctor will not give the go-ahead for me to work...I just want to do something that is for me...I am going to call him tomorrow and fight with him about it...I think I should be able to decide what I can and can't do...The woman told me to try and see if my doctor will say it is okay for me to work and I will have the job...its either call him tomorrow and yell at him or wait until I see him on Thursday and yell at him in person...maybe better to do it in person...lol

Hope everyone has a wonderful week...

Smiles & hugs...
Old 10-05-2008, 08:50 PM

Prayers being said here for DeBora. I'm sorry to hear that. Was this the weekend she was going to the races?

Crafty, glad you and John got out for a ride.

Sorry to hear about bar_bar's John. Prayers being said here for all.

Theresa, you are sounding much better. I hope things between you and Glen can be worked out.

Thank you ladies for the compliments on my plants. I love having plants in the house.

Dval, I hope your dh passes all his stones. That is painful.

Coll, sounds like a fun time at the pumpkin patch.

I am still in shock that Buck built his dust wall for expanding his shop in the basement on Sat. instead of watching his fishing shows.
Sat. I went through some of my craft suff. Want to get things of one kind put together like all the plastic canvas together, card making supplies together and so on. Today was a lazy day. Read the paper, did the crossword puzzel, slept most of the afternoon, watched TV tonight.
Tomorrow is laundry.
Neighbor gave us some carrots so now I have to freeze them. Somebody Buck works with gave us some pears, so will have to do something with them too.
Guess I'll have a busy week. Gotta make cookies too as I'm going to visit ds this weekend. Buck will be gone for fishing. This is the last weekend for fishing.

Hi to everyone.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-06-2008, 04:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Good morning all, gosh when Bar-Bar and I talked the other afternoon, she was under the impression John would be in the re-hab hospital for about 3 weeks now if I am understanding what I have read here it is "who knows when/if he will come home" how sad. If this is the case I know she is super hurting/upset.
DeBora hope you are starting to mend now.
So glad Donna Marie and her John had a good drive and time the other day.
I had a good weekend, walked WAY toooo much Saturday at the Craft Show but enjoyed it and had one of the best Sunday's that I have had in years. Both Adam and Steven went to church with me we had a cookout fellowship after service. The boys had brought their football and got out in church yard throwing it and messing around as in football itself, when some of the kids and even one parent came over from apts in back of our church and they all were playing. A couple young girls were even doing cheers. All in all a great weekend for me. Mr Pain is with me but I am able to get up and out of bed even tho' hurting. But have asked Judy to walk Steven down to bus stop this morning.
I bought couple things at Craft Show to go on my tree for Christmas they are wooden one is a cross. I may put the other one on wreath on door. Gina is going to make me a new one I THINK lol if not will use the one from last year and add this to it.
Stacie is moving into apt sometime today but "Mom" can't go over and do as planned would not be a help just be in the way. But I saw in K-Mart a 7 QT Crockpot in RED which is what she is doing her kitchen in so called her and told her to get it on the credit card and call it early B'day present she had toget it then as going off sale. Turned out it was cheaper than paper said plus has a rebate too. I hate giving presents early but had no choice and had no other way to get there to get it but her. Her b'day is 28th. She and my Judy are same age except Judy will be 47 in Dec. Well I have rattled on enough for one time. Happy day all
Old 10-06-2008, 05:00 AM
Assistant Moderator

Theresa, Glad to know you used a zoom lens and were not too close to that bear! I cannot believe that you got snow already. I am so not even close to being ready for winter as I have yet to put away all our summer stuff. I sure hope your doctor gives you the go ahead so you can work. I agree with you that you should be the one to decide what you are able to do or not do. If you feel up to something, you should definitely give it a shot!
Donna-Marie, very glad to hear that John is home. Sounds like the two of you had a fun trip. Glad he felt well enough to get out - I am sure that was good for his spirits. Sorry to hear about Bar_Bar’s John but hope things will improve. They are both in my prayers.
Sharon, I cannot imagine Buck passing up his fishing shows (or any man passing up any sports on tv) to get his wall built. Good for him!! (and you!) I hope things go ok for your ds’ job. A huge factory is shutting down in the town next to me which means the loss of 200 jobs. The economy is not good at the moment. Sounds like you are going to have a busy week!
Ellen, I think I would have skipped the “edibles” tent at the bug fair. Eeewww! My ds1 once ate a lollipop with a cricket in it. We actually have it on video as he licks closer and closer to the actual bug. I couldn’t watch. I love the idea of Velcro ping pong balls to show children how pollen is spread.
Felicia, sorry your yard sale didn’t bring in big bucks but good you did make some money. We are having a yard sale at my sil’s house on Columbus Day weekend. Your bike path ride sounds a bit creepy but a cool adventure. Happy Birthday to your ds!!
Charlotte, isn’t it nice to get the house all to yourself for a day or so but I know what you mean about not wanting it all the time. I love it when my dks and dh are gone for a weekend but am always anxious on Sunday for them to come home. I am not looking forward to the empty nest. Glad you had a chance to talk to your dgds. I love pheasant. Haven’t had any in years, though.
Patti, sounds like you had a really fun day with Gina. I love loaded baked potatoes and often order them as my whole meal. Sounds like you got a great deal on that crock pot. I bet Stacie truly appreciated it. Your cook-out sounds like it was a lot of fun. Doesn’t it just seem like summer went buy too fast.
Coll, sounds like you and the girls had a great time at the pumpkin patch. It is awesome that they offer all kinds of activities too. I got lost in a corn maze once - it was so cool.
Laurie, sounds like you had a good weekend. I used to have the Kirby guy come to clean my carpets even when I hated listening to their sales pitch.
Donna (dval) So sorry your dh is having trouble with his kidneys again but glad the stones are passing. I cannot even imagine what that must feel like. I hope he gets well soon. Glad to hear you got the rest of your wallet stuff. I would be nervous going back to that Wal-Mart too. I am glad Jason was with you on your first trip. I think we will all pay more attention to our surroundings etc. after what you went through. Hope your nephew has a good recovery from his surgery. I bet he is glad it is over. Will keep your brother in my prayers. I hope work goes well for you this week and that you don’t have to do two jobs again.
Barbszy, Oh my! So sorry to hear about DeBora. She has just had the worst time lately. Will keep her in my prayers for sure.
Connie, sounds like you had a productive weekend! I should learn how to bake my own bread. We have a bread machine but it just isn’t the same.
Pam, glad to hear that things are going well at work. Can’t blame you for wanting to hang on to the good employees. So many want a paycheck but don’t want to actually have to earn it.
Playsdolls, hope you had a good weekend.
Motherof2, sounds like you are going to be very busy this week.
I had a very productive weekend. I spent Saturday cleaning and doing errands. Tackled some chores I had kept putting off. Saturday night ds2 and I watched some scary videos . Ate dinner in the living room and then made popcorn. It was fun. Dd joined us when she got home from work. Sunday ds2 and I were up bright and early to head to Maine. My brothers were there and we got so much more done on my mom’s house. My youngest brother took the living room set so the living room is rather empty now. My other brother is taking the big tv and stand. We tackled the basement and got so many things ready for a yard sale next weekend. We all had fun looking through boxes and found all kinds of treasures. I brought home a large suitcase that is full of my great-grandmother’s journals - some which date back to the late 1800’s. (she was born in 1881) I have read some from the 60’s and 70’s but it will be great to now have the chance to read the very early ones. These are the kinds of things that mean the most to me. Got home about 6:30 last night. Dh got home from the island shortly after. He was there helping to close it for the winter. This morning we were up at 5 a.m. as he had to leave for Texas. He is in San Antonia for the week but will be back late Thursday night. I have a Board meeting tonight which I think I will miss as there will be no one home with ds2 to get him to get his homework done and ready for bed on time. He is 14 but not exactly responsible yet. I now need to go tackle my huge laundry pile! Hope everyone is having a good Monday.

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 10-06-2008, 05:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Here is some photos of my plants. Hope you enjoy them. Hope everyone has a good day. God bless.
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2008, 05:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

These photos are of my wandering Jew plants. Hope you enjoy them. God bless.
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2008, 05:51 AM
Assistant Moderator

Adore the pictures of the plants!!!
Old 10-06-2008, 05:51 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Really pretty flowers/plants thanks for sharing.
Yes Sammi Stacie was very happy to get the crockpot even tho' early as her b'day is not till 28th. We will do something at that time to celebrate it too. She has been a Godsend to me and I thank Him for her every day.
The church fellowship was indeed great and having both Adam and Steven with me made it even more special.
Not sure yet what my day will be like

Closed Thread