Who has the #1 football fans?

• Steelers fans: You're No. 1 ... so says ESPN

By staff reports
    In a ranking of all 32 fan bases in the NFL, the Steelers are number uno, reports the Worldwide Leader.
    OK, it was a tie with the Green Bay Packers. But with the help of ESPN analyst John Clayton (an East Braddock native), well, the Steelers got the nudge.

“No team is as woven into the fabric of a city. The organization’s stability has a lot to do with it, as generations of Steelers fans relate to the tradition of ownership (Rooneys), smashmouth football, quality head coaches (league-low three since 1969) and success (five Super Bowl titles). The season-ticket waiting list is extremely long and the consecutive sellout streak of 299 games, including playoffs, is unbelievable,” writes ESPN.com’s James Walker.

The, ahem, scientific rankings were based on seven factors including stadium atmosphere, how well the team travels, fan loyalty and tailgating.

WINNERS & LOSERS

1. STEELERS - was there ever a doubt?!?

2. Green Bay

3. Cleveland

4. Philadelphia

5. Kansas City

6. Washington

7. Denver

8. New England

9. Oakland

10. N.Y. Giants

11. Buffalo

12. Dallas

13. Chicago

14. N.Y. Jets

15. New Orleans

16. Indianapolis

17. Baltimore

18. Tennessee

19. Minnesota

20. Seattle

21. Tampa Bay

22. San Diego

23. Houston

24. San Francisco

25. Carolina

26. Cincinnati

27. Jacksonville

28. Miami

29. St. Louis

30. Atlanta

31. Detroit

32. Arizona
  • Nope, no doubt here!!!
  • Ohio State Buckeyes
    GO BUCKS!

Also Cleveland Browns.

Anna
  • STEELERS RULE in our house.
    We are STEELERS fans all around.
  • I am just so excited that football season is finally here!!! I'm hoping Big Ben and my STEELERS have a great year! Are you ready for some FOOTBALL!!!!!!!??????