Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 05:34 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

September Friendship Flower 2008

Welcome to the Family Corner version of a free-for-all chat! There's no set topic to this thread--the only rule is, please keep it kind

Friends old and new are welcome to join in the conversation here!
Attached Images

Last edited by barbszy; 09-02-2008 at 07:53 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

The Friendship Flower is NOW OPEN! Come join us and chat!
Old 09-01-2008, 07:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi everyone hope you all have a good Labor Day. I think I will, as I am having cake and ice cream to celebrate our daughter's birthday a little early with family. Her birthday is on Thurs. and so is husband's so one cake today for her and one on Thursday for him. She will get most gifts Thursday, just one small gift today and gifts from her Aunt and Uncle. She already got her birthday gifts from her grandparents. Also Thursday is our anniversary, so we will be celebrating that, as husband took off that day from work. Then, on Friday we have a belated birthday sleepover. Which should be fun for our daughter, she will have either 2 or 3 friends over, not sure exact count yet. Today, son's sneakers/tennis shoes will be bought, other than that not spending anything. I hope you all a good day. God bless.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:23 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I was posting on the old thread when Barb closed it! lol

Today is Bonte's 2nd birthday!

Sharon, so our tax dollars are paying for this woman's van and house while her kids do without and she is able to play around at night with her boyfriend. I wish they would make people do work for the city if they are getting Welfare. I think they are healthy enough to play around with their boyfriends, they are healthy enough to do some sort of work.

Barb, that is funny about the baby squirrel.

One of the students I attend school with is a Child Protective Services investigator. I remember last semester us talking about that cult of kids they brought to our area and investigating. We were asked by the professor what we thought of the situation. I said that if what we were hearing about a single call from a single girl with claims of abuse, then they were way over-reacting! I said that taking out several hundred children away from their parents and their culture, which did not allow them to use some of the modern day conveniences that we use, was cruel unless they had enough evidence that something serious was going on. Of course, they proved that nothing bad was going on and had to return the children. The children suffered at the hands of the protective agency.

Personally, I have turned in a child who had a swollen anus, black and blue bruises on his back and legs, and so on. His doctor even told me he scolded the mother. I called CPS, who called the family and asked if they were going to be home on such-and-such day as they needed to visit them. They warned them they were coming and why!!! Of course, they kept the kid in hiding until his bruises cleared up. The next kid, I did not turn in. When CPS visited me, they asked me why I didn't turn him in since the new baby sitter did. They reminded me it was against the law to not turn it in. I told her to go ahead and have me arrested as I would bring up in court why I didn't turn it in. She defended herself by stating the reason she called to make sure the family was home was because she didn't want to make the long drive if the parents weren't home! Hello? You can ask the person who turned it in and I am sure she would know. I told her that it is worse on the kids to be investigated and then not protected as the parents take it out on the kids for getting caught. She never had me arrested and she did nothing about the second kid too. He was 5 and having to cook all his own meals and drag his daddy home from the bar ever night. It was very sad.

Well. I've got to get one more cup of coffee and then take a shower. I have to meet my friend with the testing kit and then test my SIL.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 09-01-2008, 07:24 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Well golly gee... I had a nice long post all typed out in the august friendship thread, hit post and it said that it was closed. So it's gone.....

And now I can't remember it all, thoughts of bee stings, a wrist being hurt, neighbors who were 'caught in the act' by police, children being neglected by parents.....

Have a wonderful Labor Day
Felicia

Old 09-01-2008, 07:26 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Just stopping into say hi and happy labor day everyone

Old 09-01-2008, 07:32 AM
FamilyCorner Addict

subbin.
be back later.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:41 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Sueanna you said something about wanting to start your family a website our family has a site on myfamily.com you can create your own family page on there just thought id tell you about it so you could check it out

Old 09-01-2008, 08:24 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Marj, it is nice to see your post. I am sorry to hear you had mil problems too. You sure made the right decision in not letting your mil move in with you all those years ago.

Patti, I have been blessed with a wonderful mil too. She is almost 71 and has more energy than I do! We can’t keep up with her but she is always there for us when we need her and is a fantastic grandmother.

Craftyldy, sorry you had a difficult mil too. I always believe that what goes around comes around and it sounds like that was the case with your mil. Hope you are having a good Labor Day.

Theresa, I wonder sometimes if some mothers don’t get along with their dd’s because they are jealous - jealous of their dd’s independence, youth, all the choices they have in front of them that they no longer have etc. It isn’t right but seems to work out that way sometimes. I am glad Glen is standing by you regarding your mil. It is sad she has no relationship with her grandchildren. She is missing out. And I have to day your grandchildren have the most beautiful names! I can’t wait to hear what the newest grandchild will be named. I hope your cousin has a safe trip. So glad she is coming to stay with you. I am also hoping that Glen gets a good report from the doctor tomorrow and can come home!

Bar_bar, that is so scary about your dgd getting so many bee stings. I hope she is ok. Did the benedryl work? I hope she isn’t in too much pain.

Debora, hope your testing goes well. Sounds like it will be interesting. Happy Birthday to Bonte!!

Sharon, I can understand why you would think of your dd if she lived in Louisiana for so many years. Every time we have bad weather here, I think I should call my mom to see if she is ok and she has been gone over 9 months already. I am not sure that instinct will ever go away. And that 911 story is so funny. Can you imagine the embarrassment of the police officers who broke in the door? But that is very sad about the children. I think some parents put their own wants and desires before their children’s needs and that is not fair. Can the teachers at the boy’s school intervene at all and get him some clothing from St. Vincent de Paul or Goodwill? He reminds me of Barbszy’s Adventure Boy. I hope your wrist is feeling better today.

Barbszy, social services has its ups and downs that’s for sure. I used to be a foster parent so I speak from experience. It is sad so many neighbors won’t let their children play with Adventure Boy and his siblings because as you said, it isn’t their fault the family has so many problems. You and the other neighbors who do help this child out might be the only security and good influences he has in his life. I am glad your big ds had a good time with his friends sleeping over. Isn’t it surprising how big teenage boys feet are? My ds2 is only 13 (almost 14) and he wears a size 11 shoe!!! Seems during adolescence they are all arms, legs and feet! And very funny about the baby squirrel. I think I would have jumped too.

Denahowy, hope your dd and dh have wonderful birthday celebrations. Sounds like you will have a fun Labor Day.

Felicia, do you get today off as a holiday? I hope you are having a good day and the storm is not coming anywhere near you.

Karen, I love your new pic.

Today is a gorgeous day here - sunshine and a light breeze. I have the day off which is even better! I need to finish laundry, clean the bathroom, mow the lawn and sort clothes. I am hoping to find time to read outside in the sunshine as well. Haven’t heard from ds1 yet. He has his first classes tomorrow. Dd has gotten a new job. She has been hired at Music for a Song (a store that sells cds, dvds etc. She also has an interview at Old Navy today. She is hoping to get hired there as well so she can work two jobs and make more money. She is sad to leave Border’s but will be happy to have a very short commute now and not have to go on the highway. I wish she would just get one full-time job that pays well and has benefits but she has to make her own choices. She will learn in time I hope. Well, I am off to get things accomplished. Hope everyone is having a good Labor Day!

~Mother Theresa

Old 09-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Good Morning...

Wow September already...Where did the time go...Seems it was just the beginning of August not too long ago...

I haven't heard from Glen today but I am sure he will call later...hopefully the doctor was in to see him and the skin graft worked...

Not going to do too much today...just vacuum and figure out what to cook for my cousin for supper...

DeBora Happy Birthday to Bonte...hope your testing goes well...

Felicia how are you doing...Do you have today off...

Karen I love the new picture...How's The Turkey...lol...had to ask...

Barbszy I think it is a shame that some neighbors won't let their kids play with Adventure Boy,its not his fault the way his home life is...I think you are amazing for helping this little boy...

Denahowy Happy Birthday to your dd and dh...and Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby...

Sammi...enjoy your day off...Your right about boys during adolescense...my son is 6 feet tall and wears a size 14 shoe...mine are only a size 4 and I am only 5'2"...so no idea where he gets the height from...Congrat's to your dd on her new job...

Well I guess I better get something done around here...

Hope everyone has a wonderful day...

Smiles & hugs...

Closed Thread