Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 01:45 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Seleach thank you for all the info, you've been extremely helpful.

Donna marie I am glad your John is home!

Today I went to the place I get clothes and my arm was killing me so I know I need to get to a Dr. Monday I am going to HR before I go to work. I did have a great day with my dd Tehgan and lunch was fun.

Felicia

Old 09-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

DM glad your John is home and feeling better!

Dh and went grocery shopping today. Stuie went too. Dd is not up to that much work right now. She is still improving!

We forgot to take in the posters for the spaghetti dinner. I think we will mail them to the business' to put up. Cheaper than another trip to town.....
Old 09-26-2008, 02:28 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

OH MY!!! I forgot to tell y'all that (d)fil is paying for the rent on the hall. We knew something was up. The inlaws mouths have been at it again. I don't know what has been said but...... when I went to the PO this afternoon, I was snubbed very rudly by some of the inlaws friends. We have gotten along with these people very well. Of course some of the 'fence setters' was involved too. They couldn't speak to me since they were with these other people. My God, I live in a town full of third graders! Makes me wonder what will happen tomorrow at recess (coffee/gossip time). I guess if they put thier little heads together they can come up with something to top the last bs about us. Someone might want to warn them if they keep tasking their little brains like that, their brains might explode.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:11 PM

Felicia, glad to be able to help out with info.

Crafty, very glad John is home. Please let us know the results of the tests when you get them. I do hope you are not going to get hit with a really bad storm.

Patti, I'm glad your feeling better.

Connie, maybe the best thing is to just ignore those people. If they are going to act like 3rd graders, they should be treated like such.

Mr. PooPoo is now here. Our DVD-VCR player quit working. And our food saver was acting up today too. We just bought that last Nov.
Disgusting!!!!

Hi to everyone.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-26-2008, 09:12 PM
Nine Year Member

connie, I don't understand, your fil is paying the rent for the hall for the spaghetti dinner fundraiser but he is bad mouthing you at the same time? and the fundraiser is to help pay for Stuie? or do I have a mixed up picture?

the potluck tonight was fun. DH went with me to a party for the people I work with, the grad students, professors, staff, and family of all. It rained so it moved to the garage/family room/kitchen but it was fun to meet and remember names. Many of the students are from China. It is hard to be so far from home. One gal wants to go caving so I will try to take her to one of our local caves. She described ones she'd been to in China and they sound similar with lights and tour guides and all.

I asked for a chocolate cake recipe and an egg pancake one too so I hope they bring them in. Will have to do the conversions though.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 09-27-2008, 03:43 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sandie, with all the rain we are getting this weekend and the flood watches up in part of the state, I hope your area doesn’t get any flooding. So glad to hear you had a good time at the Brad Paisley concert. It’s great Darryl had fun too. Your pictures were really good. You must have had great seats. Glad you sold all your candy apples again. How did your friend do?

Meg, I hope there isn’t anything seriously wrong with your dd and that the doctor can figure things out. Please keep us posted.

Sharon, thanks for posting what happens with carpal tunnel surgery. Sounds pretty extensive. If you have to wear a brace 24 hours a day for 6 weeks, how do you take showers? (I have always wondered about that). And what is it about dks who can’t wait to grow up so they can get to do “whatever they want”. They have no idea how hard being an adult can sometimes be. I keep telling my ds2 to enjoy being a kid while he can cause he will be a grown up a lot longer than he will be a kid. Dd now wishes she could be a kid again now that she is experiencing working, paying bills, fixing cars and all that and she isn’t even out on her own yet! Hope you had a good time at the fish fry and that Buck gets his wall built. Very sorry to hear Mr. Poopoo visited you too. Why can’t we get rid of him once and for all!

Ellen, I cannot imagine watching my own surgery. I think I would keel over. You are much braver than I am. Your potluck dinner sounds like it was a lot of fun. The egg pancake recipe sounds interesting.

Darlene, I have heard that Celine Dion puts on a fantastic show and goes all out for her performances.

Donna-Marie, very glad that John is home. I hope he gets some good reports at his next doctor visits. Waiting for test results is so nerve wracking. We are getting rain here all weekend too.

Patti, hope you were able to get some rest and that you are feeling better today.

Felicia, glad you had a fun time with your dd. I hope Human Resources can help you and that you can get into the doctors right away.

Connie, that is so cool that Stuie can help you with grocery shopping. It is amazing all that he can do. It is great that your fil is paying for the hall for the spaghetti but sure can’t figure him out if he is still gossiping. Just remember that you are above all that and ignore the people who choose to act like second graders. They don’t deserve your attention or notice.

Had to work a bit over last night as one daycare family was running late but they were very considerate and called (first the mom called and then the dad which I thought was very thoughtful). Then ds2, dh and I went to the movies. We ate dinner there (it is a movie theater that serves dinner). We saw Righteous Kill which was very good with a surprise ending. I am a Robert DeNiro fan so had to see this. It wasn’t very bloody or anything, but several twists and turns. Today I have to go to Maine to work on my mom’s house again. I so do not want to go as I have so many things I need to get done around here but don’t have a choice. We are trying to get the house done enough so we can close it up for the winter and not have to pay heating bills. No word on if my van is fixed yet or dd’s car. My back is still bothering me so was up at 6 a.m. It is worse in the morning but gets a bit better as the day progresses. Time for me to get some chores done before I have to leave. Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

~Mother Theresa

Old 09-27-2008, 05:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

When I had stitches on my finger a few years ago, I had to wear a latex glove when showering so I wouldn't get the stitches wet. I guess you could do something similar after a surgery on your wrist. Like a glove or a plastic bag.

Sharon, thanks, I like flowers a lot, I guess I get that from my Mother also named Sharon and from my Grandma/Grandmother Agnes and Great Grandmother Nettie and Grandma Edna. They all liked flowers and grew them. My Mom Sharon has a yard full of beautiful flowers. I got my wandering Jew plants and most of my plants from my Mom. As she gives me startings from them, or ones she has potted from other plants she has.

I hope everyone who is sick or not feeling well feels better. Felicia I have been there with workmen's comp. I had to fill out papers myself and send them to workmen's comp. as my employer didn't do that. when I filled it out all of the bills got paid for through workmen's comp. It was because my employer didn't fill out the workmen's comp. forms and such. Workmen's comp helped me, I have tendonitis and it I got it while working at an employer of mine, I think my employer didn't want to report it, is why I had to fill out the forms. Anyway, thank God for workmen's comp when it comes to work injuries as my Dad had to back injuries through work and he had 2 back surgeries and workmen's comp paid for both of them. He injured his back picking up something heavy at work. He now wears a back brace when lifting anything at work. He had pieces of a disc broken off in his back pressing on nerves. The surgery was years ago but it helped his back.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. God bless.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:31 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi Ladies,
I got the email this AM from Bar Bar I did talk to here daugther last night also but Bar Bar was NOT UP T talking but did email this morning here it is:
As you can see I'm back on line again.
Update on John... about the same.
the part that is tearing me up is he is begging for water and I can't give him any for he can't have any due to failing his swap test. Now he can't have one for he has to have the oxgen on more, and having the swap test would intail him taking it off to long to have it.
Plus he is saying " go home to Jesus" and another thing that just did me in was "I going to die, can't make it" just thinking of that I'm sitting here crying.

Last night I did have a hard time as Donna Marie knows, as she called and my daughter talked with her. Thanks Donna for not coming thru the phone when you were talking with her. LOL, she is really been super sweet and helpful. I'm proud of her..

Looks like her ex husband will be moving in to help with bills as they know I can't make them. It looks as if they are working things out and be getting back together. Talking about a happy man and kids especially the kids.. they want mommy and daddy together, although he is the step dad to both girls.

will keep you inform as I know things.

Hugs with thankful heart to have you as friends and prayer partners.

Donna, so thankful to hear your John is back home.. I pray he will
continue to heal. Hugs Bar Bar

Be Back Later

Old 09-27-2008, 08:53 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

connie, I don't understand, your fil is paying the rent for the hall for the spaghetti dinner fundraiser but he is bad mouthing you at the same time? and the fundraiser is to help pay for Stuie? or do I have a mixed up picture?

You have it right. Yep, he is badmouthing us then someone chews him out for it or the way they treat us, then he feels guilty and tries to do something nice to make up for it. Tries to make himself feel better. He doesn't owe us anything. He is free to say all he wants, good or bad. But the community is really getting on him and mil about the things they say. It isn't just us either. They are weird!

I know I have to stand tall and not take all of this crap to heart. I am so thankful I have my FC sisters! I think it will be tough going, but we will get through this. I need to realize some days will be tougher than others.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:22 PM

I'm very sorry to hear this news about bar_bar's John. Prayers being said for all.

Sammi, I put a plastic bag over the brace and put duck tape around it to keep it tight on my arm.

Denahowey, I gave some houseplants to a neighbor yesterday. One was a hugh peace lilly and an African violet, I had to divide that up into 4 pots, so gave her one. I still have 4 peace lillies. Also gave her an aloe plant. Still have 4 pots of them and another plant that I don't even know the name of but had 2 of them. Plus I have other houseplants. I'm running out of room.

Hi to everyone.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson

Closed Thread