Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 10:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Happy Anv Coll!

Today is my day off. It's crappy out. They said we'd get nothing from Hannah but they were wrong. We got a lot of rain and it was really windy this morning [30mph] its not as bad right now, of course now I am in the house and not out in it doing errands!

Not much else going on in my neck of the woods. I am about to go give a dog a hair cut and bath and then babysit my grandson for the rest of the day.

I hope you all have a fun friday.

Felicia

Old 09-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Nine Year Member

Thumbs up

The photo I fixed last week of a Wedding in 1919 was sent to one of the Grandchildren that never saw the photo. They were so happy to have it. With computers today all the rest of the family and grandchildren have now enjoyed this photo.

When I received the photo it was badly torn and damaged. Now it is enlarged and repaired making it proud to be displayed.

My Cousin is doing a Family Tree and has been collecting old photos from family for years. She will be glad to know her time and efforts are being appreciated.

Now that I have started restoring old photos more people have been contributing torn and cracked photos that have been neglected.

Glad I was able to do this for my relatives.
_______
Sueanne

Last edited by Sueanne; 09-05-2008 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Coll and Denahowy, congratulations on your wedding anniversaries!

Bar_bar, I am sorry to hear about your arthritis. Will insurance from the car accident pay for your treatment?

Sammi, knock wood I have never had any trouble with Medco. DH and I both get our prescriptions from there. And the price is good--$10 for 3 months' worth of generics. Our medical insurance requires us to buy our "long term" prescriptions this way or they can refuse payment Glad things are going better with VelcroBaby, and it sounds like they are having a blast with the new toy.

We are expecting the rain & wind from Hannah tomorrow. I was outside before picking some stuff up, turning the empty recycle buckets upside down, and putting things into the enclosed porch. After the kids get home from school they will help with the rest. Luke has several light sabres, balls, and toy golf clubs all over the yard and I am not bending to pick up all that stuff when he is so much closer to the ground! I also filled up a bunch of containers with water and put them in the freezer. If we have a power outage, the extra ice will keep the food cold longer.

We'd better not lose power, though, because tomorrow is the first Notre Dame football game of the season and I don't want to miss it!! Go IRISH!

DeBora, I would wait a little longer before trying to intervene with the teacher about your DGD. She is still a little kid and it is still early in the year. The teacher knows you have a consequence set up at home. Show the teacher that you will stick to the reward system you have set up, including not giving her the reward when she does not earn it.

Luke's only been in school 3 days and already he has 3 birthday party invitations. Yikes. I think we will have to start being selective about this. There are 25 kids in the class--this could get expensive! I did say yes to one because it is a kid who he plays with outside of school.

Just found out that I have to buy ONE MORE book for Big DS because someone in the English department messed up and forgot to put it into the "required book list" at the online bookstore. I'll have to call the used book shop in the next town and see if they have a copy before I pay $8 plus shipping for a new one. He has to read "The Killer Angels" for his AP Language class.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Sharon --Thanks for the link to the article. It was interesting.

Coll--Happy Anniversary.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:02 PM
Nine Year Member

Hi all, so much to catch up on but not alot of time lately.Been busy with work and taking my parents to the drs-then there's the van and truck repairs so we keep going down to one vehicle to get 6 people around to different things. Oh well, it all works out in the end-just not alot of time to do alot of what I'd like to do.
I'm off work today because I was supposed to take my mom to the kidney dr, but they called her in on Weds., because of Hanna heading our way. So I'm able to visit FC for awhile.
We're all waiting for Hanna and watching what Ike is doing. The kids were out of school today for no good reason-they shouldn't have lost a day that they have to make up-Hanna won't be close enough to do anything till later tonight. We've only started getting the rain bands this afternoon.
My dgd's are outside flying kites with their dad. Got a couple of pictures that I hope will turn out good.
My dh's probably going to work tonight. He has to be there at 11pm and Hanna should be here anytime after midnight. If the weather is bad when he wakes up though-I'll have him call the authorities to see if the roads are passable. I'm supposed to be at work at 8am tomorrow-should be able to manage that-might even get a call to be in ealier-I'm on their emergency list since I'm fairly close to the store. Hope I get some sleep though-I usually stay up to watch the storms and keep in touch with people online who may have property in the area but don't really live here.
Have lots more to share about what's been happening around here but I've already gone on too long.
take care all, be safe.
Pam
Old 09-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi everyone. I hope you don't have too much damage from Hannah. Our spring weather is lovely - still a bit cold in the mornings, but the days are lovely. Today I am going to the Pony Club meet - my dgd is riding - I have not been to see her ride before so am looking forward to it. I will be tired by the end of the day - but can always sleep tonight!
Have a good weekend - Marj.

God is silently planning for you in love, for it matters to Him about you. Zeph.3:17
Old 09-05-2008, 03:53 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Coll, happy anniversary!

I just took a short break to eat lupper. I've been working on a lengthy paper that is due on Wednesday. I have another one due on Tuesday that is shorter that I need to get done this weekend too. Tomorrow night is my race IF the weather doesn't cancel it out. I hope it isn't moved to Sunday. I have 2 lengthy tests to give on Sunday as well as other homework. I FINALLY got the administrator information for the online subject pool software. Now I just need to get familiar with it and write "how-tos" for teachers, researchers, and students. I won't even start on that until I get caught up on my homework.

Bonte's surgery is scheduled for Thursday. We'll see how that goes.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 09-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi
Just popping to check on everyone hope everyone stay safe from Hanna we are surpose to get alot of heavy rain & 35 miles a hour winds so we will see. Last night I heard from one of my step sister and she dropped a bomb on me and that was that she has got cancer and never told me this for 6 mths and she sounded very down also I did not cry till I got off the phone and then at 11:30 PM my cell phone rang and it was my son saying that my grandson Andrew fell playing football practice and toook him by ambulance to the hospital with an arm that was turn around the other way will anyways today they had to do surgrey on the arm this afternoon and I am waiting for son to call me with results they had been talking about screws & pins but did not know till they got it there so needless to say we are on pins & needles waiting for the phone to ring.
Well hi to everyone and will try and get back later.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Aloha! Happy September!!

DeBora, I wasn't prepared for this and just broke my heart when I read it:"Personally, I have turned in a child who had a swollen anus, black and blue bruises on his back and legs, and so on."I had to pause and just could not imagine one of my kids like that. I will be in the Human Services field and wanted to work in CPS, but I don't know if I can take it with such cases and not get absolutely upset. I do know that a lot of workers are overloaded with cases, but still....Well, I was going to say that the Photo of the Week is quite a hilarious one and thank you to hummingbird for allowing it. LOL~Felicia, I feel you. I know how it is to lose a post. Okay, I have to go back and catch up on what I missed since my last post, so check with you all later. I hope I will remember to return. At any rate, THANK GOD IT's FRIDAY!lots of cyber hugs,

Old 09-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Craftyldy: I am so sorry to hear about your DD and then your GS breaking his arm. I hope that everything works out for your GS. My prayers for your DD.

Lita nice to see you post!

DeBora.... how was LUPPER? LOL sorry had to pick on your typo. I don't how I missed it but what is Bonte having surgery for?

Felicia

Closed Thread