August Friendship Flower 2008 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 09:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

August Friendship Flower 2008

Welcome to our August Friendship Flower! Here's the place where Family Corner members meet to chat about anything that comes to mind. Keep checking back at the first page of this thread to watch our flower bloom and grow throughout the month!
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2008, 03:36 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Yay, for once I can post at the start of the month without having to read 3 pages!!!
August is quite a busy motnh for us.
This weekend begins it with tennis, ds's baptism and a lunch following; dd to a university open day and dh putting on a new staff member at the salon. The month will only get busier from there! It is cold and wintry here with quite a bit of rain today. Every little drop helps.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

And what would DVAL do for a klondike bar??? [sorry I just couldn't resist saying that] Lovely pictures! You all look so happy.

I really have no plans for August. Just to have my children drive back home safely. And pray my xhusband receives a miracle.

Today is my day off. I have to run to the post office to ship out ebay items I've sold and then I am going on over to the beach before it rains again.

Have a wonderful day.

Felicia

Old 08-01-2008, 05:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good Morning everyone, Its sunny here, but still h umid and I just heard the weekend weather and its not too good, the weatherman gave it a 3 lol! Oh I dont like this font there thats better. I cant keep my mind off how Rosie is doing, and since I cant even call the place makes it worse. Even if you do call, whomever answers the phone says "I cannot confirm or deny she is here" (I tried calling to ask about her) Im hoping maybe by SUN, she can have visitors, they are only allowed visitors on weekends.
Donna(dval) I noticed in one of the pics you posted the truck said Christmas Farm Inn, does your brother own that? If its the place Im thinking of, they have a cute gift shop, its right across the street froma little country store. Calebs Country store (with not so little prices lol) We went to an indoor flea market up in that area, and stopped at the Country store, and the gift shop next to it, I got this real cute, Green Mountain, teddy bear in the gift shop.
Well not much else new here today, we have a "semi" busy weekend, every time I say All I want to do is stay home and have a quiet weekend it NEVER happens, for the last 2 past weekends we tried and it didnt work, lol, so I give up on that one. Hope everyone has a nice weekend, if I get a chance I will pop in , OH, BTW, my sil is still trying to figure out who put the planter in their yard, the funny part is she hasnt even guessed it was US!! Darryls bil said he kind of hinted to her, it was one of the neighbors , so she still is thinking that, it has surprised me Darryl hasnt told her yet, cuz he has a big mouth at times and cant keep secrets, as for me, I love knowing its driving her nuts HUGS
Old 08-01-2008, 06:06 AM
Assistant Moderator

Coll, very glad you had a good doctors report. I think your idea about calling the rec center about a walking program is a great idea. A couple years ago, our local hospital started a walking club. We all walked every Saturday morning at 8 a.m. and did trails all around our town changing trails every month. The group was from the first of May until the end of Sept. but several women and I enjoyed it so much we kept walking trails until the snow flew at the beginning of December. It was a lot of fun and I loved learning all of the trails around my town that I hadn’t known about. Now I take my dh or dks to the trails to walk.

Felicia, if you only take in a couple of children for daycare that should be pretty easy and a lot of fun because you can go places and do things. I hope you have good luck with it if that is what you decide to do. Hope your dd’s make it home safely. And I hope the miracle happens for your ex. Enjoy your day off.

Sandie, you are a good friend to Rosie and she is lucky to have you looking out for her. I hope she stays in detox and gets well. And Happy Birthday to Caitlyn! I hope your dd and family are having a nice vacation and that you have a fun birthday celebration for Caitlyn when they get back.

Debora, I cannot believe your temp boss wanted you to do a write up all about HER! Boy is that presumptuous. Hope your boss is aware of her inclinations though I am sure she has enough on her plate at the moment. At least you can say she is making things interesting.

Sharon, hope you have a good day and get all your chores done. The storms in my area were loud but not too bad this time. Hope we don’t get any wild weather on the island. I always get scared because being on an island I worry about lightening and fire. (remember, this is a tiny island on a lake with only 3 houses on it)

Karen, I am surprised at the number of women who have had that surgery. Apparently, it is very common in women who have had children. One of my best friends called me last night and said she was just diagnosed with gall stones (she had an attack and had no idea what it was so went to the doctors). Now she is meeting with a surgeon.

Motherof2, so sorry Mr. Poopoo is visiting you and wrecking havoc. Very scary about the brown recluse spiders. I am scared of spiders anyway but those are particularly scary. Hope you can get them taken care of.

Joy, doesn’t it just figure that the hottest weather comes when you don’t want it! Our island is a small island on a lake and there are only 3 houses on the island. You can stand in the middle and see both side across but can’t see end to end as it is long. We get to it by row boat. (we just don’t bother using a motor) It has electricity but we do not have a tv there. (which I love as it gets my kids away from tv for a couple weeks) We do have cd players there and can bring portable dvd players if we choose to. It is a house with 3 bedrooms, a bath (sink, shower, toilet) and a quarter (just a toilet, no sink LOL). There are two big sun porches, a kitchen, living room with fireplace and “utility room” (where we store life jackets, fishing poles and various other items) It is rustic and full of “stuff” but a nice get away. When you are on the island it feels like you are in the middle of no where but if you look across the lake, you can see the lights of Portland (the biggest city in Maine) We take a lot of day trips like to the ocean, to Freeport to go to LL Bean and various shops, to the movies or drive in, etc. but mostly I like floating in a floatie out on the lake (or kayaking if I am ambitious) I hope you have a fun visit with your nephew and family.

Theresa, how big a file do the police need to file charges with the crown? Honestly, I bet as of now they could write a book!! I hope you are able to get some rest. And I hope you have good luck selling your house. You deserve some peace and quiet!! Those are awesome pictures. The rain looks like what we were getting yesterday. And Dutchess is so cute!! What a precious dog. And now I want to plant some lilies.

Donna (train), I am so glad you made it home safely from your trip. I am sorry it was for such a sad reason but it is always nice to get to visit with family. Hope you can catch up on all your chores.

Connie, so glad you could get another tv interview. I think the more publicity the better! I am praying that some how the funding comes through for you!

Donna (dval) sounds like a great deal on Klondike bars. Those are my dh’s favorite! Your pics are awesome. I cannot believe how tall Jason has gotten.

Last day of work before vacation!!!! And I have so much to do! I am getting all laundry done so I can start packing. I need to go grocery shopping so my ds1 and dd have food in the house while I am gone and some food to take with us so I don’t have to go shopping right away there. I want to vacuum out my van before loading it too. If I get as much as I can done today, we can leave early tomorrow. They are predicting afternoon thunder showers so I want to get to the island before the rain. I imagine we will still have to bail the boat our before we can load it anyway. I think my sil is going to be here form Illinois so I am hoping she comes and stays with us at the island. My bil might be with us the second week for a bit and I am inviting my brothers and their families to come visit too. I know my best friend is coming to visit for at least a day. It will just be so nice to get away for a bit. Now I need to get back to work so I can get all these chores done. Dd has to work tonight from 7 p.m. until 2 a.m. they are having a party at Borders for the release of the new book in the Twilight series. People will come dressed in costume etc. They did the same thing when the newest Harry Potter book came out. She will be exhausted when she gets home. Hope everyone has a great day today.

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 08-01-2008, 06:13 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Good Morning All!!
I have just a few moments before starting work to say hello. I check in to see how everyone is doing, but most of the time I don't have time to post---busy, busy, and busy.
Well the month of Aug. is going to be another busy one. Ds's start school on the 14th, have 16th year anniversary on the 15th, begin fall courses in college on the 21st, go to doctor's for me (very unusual as I usually go for everyone else)on the 14th, and activate my student teaching application for the Spring of 2009 on the 25th--FINALLY!!
Long time coming for the student teaching. I ran an unofficial transcript last night (6 pages long--whew) , and saw where I had spent all my spare time in the last five years. My ds#3 mentioned last night how we have stopped going places, and doing things. I told him that I was close to being done if they could just hang in there for two more semesters.
Sandieluvsbears, don't you just love the feeling that you get when you secretly do something nice for someone--better than Christmas Day I think? That was very nice of you to give her the planter.
Felicia, you're going to go to the beach today, so the job is still going good? I know how much of a blessing good hours and benefits can bring. Have fun at the beach for me, all I have here is desert!! So I am in there with Megrayau, every bit of rain counts!!
Barbszy I hope that all is going well for your family, and the same well wishes to everyone else--including DeBora43!! Just funnin Nice picture of White Sands DeBora43. Oh, who won the animal picture contest? There were a lot of cute pictures, and Poncho looked his best when he was begging you to play DeBora43. I won't have time to look there.
Well I gotta go now, and earn the paycheck. Everone have a delightful day and weekend!!
Old 08-01-2008, 06:14 AM
Assistant Moderator

Today my sister is getting married. We will be at the reception tonight. I am wanting to call her and see if there is anything I can do but I know she is a wreck. Me calling would look like big sis is trying to take over.

The interview last night went okay. I am praying for money to come in. Or some people to step forward to help with fundraisers. This is very frustrating.

OUr plans for Aug are getting the money for Stuie, having the trainer and owner of the ranch here for two weeks training dd.

Drat. Mr poo poo is here too. Looks like my homeschool paperwork did not make it to lincoln. This is the second major mailing that has been lost this summer. Last week it took a bill four days to go 30 miles. Not only is the internet crazy so is the mail service.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:19 AM
Assistant Moderator

Sammi I think I would like island like that! Dh would live there year around.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Happy August all.
August will be somewhat busy for me, but I am planning to make some time for relaxing too. Paige will reutrn from Japan on the 16th and we will move her into her new dorm on the 22nd. The 28th is our anniversary--#26. I can't believe I've been married that long.
Sammi--Enjoy your vacation. It sounds heavenly to me.
Connie--I really hope something works out for you soon.
My weekend company should arrive this evening. I hope I am done cleaning in time---LOL

Have a great weekend all!!
Old 08-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Happy August Everyone...

This month I turn 48...or can I go back to 29 and start all over... No plans for my Birthday,Glen is working and the kids won't be here...

Connie glad all went well with the interview...

Sammi I could write a book about the neighbors...The officer said here Monday night that it may take them killing someone before something is done...now how twisted is that...
Sandie you must be your butt off over the prank with your sil...I would be too...

Felicia have a great time at the beach...

Dval great pictures...

Joy you must be so excited to have Paige home soon...

I went outside this morning and found a red Lily growing among my Candy Cane lilies...which is weird because I did not plant a red lily...even the center of it is red...Here is a picture of it...and I now have 11 Candy Cane Lilies blooming...

Did anyone hear about the murder on a Greyhound Bus going to Edmonton...It happened Wednesday night (I had to go and look how to spell the word Wednesday) just out of Portage La Prairie,Manitoba...it was awful...Makes me wonder what the world is coming too...

Hi To All I Missed...

Hope everyone has a great day...

Smiles & Hugs...
Attached Images

Closed Thread