Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 07-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Anyone else enter contests online

In 2003 when we first got our computer,,I found a few online contests that were really good,,then got hooked entering contests online,,,
Since 2003 I have won over $18000. worth of prizes,,everything from electronics, trips, beauty baskets, concert tickets for my daughters, gift baskets to my latest win today of $1000. cash,,,
I guess I would have to say,,Entering Contests is my hobby,,
Just wondering if anyone else here spends time on computer enter contests,,
Old 07-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Last year I voted online for a best singer for a jingle contest-the person I voted for lost, but I won a Leadsinger Karaoke system for my tv--very nice and worth close to $200.00. My grandkids love it . I've not done it again, but I should try again.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Nine Year Member

CindyLee,

Up until the beginning of this year, I entered hundreds of contests everyday, as I was a stay at home mom. I have won ALOT of stuff, biggest two being my 6 day 5 night trip to the superbowl in Houston TX, a few years ago, and last year won a $3,500 diamond pendant necklace. I have won gaming systems, camping equipment, tons of dvds. cd's makeup. toys, kitchen appliances. LOTS of stuff. I love my hobby, but now that I am working, I just do not have the time to enter them, as much. I still enter and have won a few things since I started working. just not as much!!! it is a fun hobby, isn't it???

-John Wooden

Connie

Old 07-11-2008, 12:40 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Yes,,Connie,, I love entering contests and it is even more fun winning,,,My hubby used to complain about the time I spent on the computer until I started winning stuff,,,a few years now I haven't had to spend much on Christmas,,had won a lot of electronic gifts,,was just hard for me and hubby to be quiet when I won a contest,,,also he has been the fortunete one to accompany me on a couple trips I won,,,first one was a week stay at the Fairmont Chateau in Lake Louise,,everything was paid for,,,then last June we won a trip to the Yukon,,we just loved that trip...Yes I have worked on and off also,,so hard to win if you don't have time to enter,,,But Good Luck
Old 07-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Nine Year Member

Yup, I use ALOT of my wins for Christmas gifts. I just keep a box in the spare closet and everytime I win something, just drop in there.

-John Wooden

Connie

Old 07-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Yes..alot of prizes have really come in handy,,My girls love it when I enter their names in contests,,,2 of my daughters have been to Avril Lavinge concerts,,but 3 yrs apart,,,they were soo happy,,plus have won lots of music downloads for their Ipods,,,I just email the codes to them and wa la,,,more good music
Enjoy and Have Fun
Old 07-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I do, I love entering contests. My biggest win so far was a $25,000 trip for 8 to DisneyWorld I won last year that we took this April. I have a win list on my blog of my winnings so far this year (well I have to add a few) but it is a wonderful, rewarding hobby. I even blog about it with tips and hints. LOL
I know what you mean about gifts- most of our small electronics are won and so many fun things that I just would not have been able to get without contests and sweeps.
I am not as serious as some (hours every day) but it sure has paid off for me. Even the slower years have been in the thousands.
Hope you win the prize of your dreams.

The discovery of a new dish does more for human happiness than the discovery of a new star. Antheleme Brillat-Savarin

Old 07-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Way to Go Dovie,,,Yep contesting is fun and worth it,,for the amount of time one spends entering,,,
I have dry spells were I will go a couple months without winning then I will go on a winning streak ..I have also won some stuff in which I have donated to various organization,,for the needy, or to our SPCA
Old 07-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

contests!!!

HI all just stopping in to see what people have won!!!! way to go!!!! have won little ones!!! so far!!! got a camera and a tee shirt,and recently got tickets to a play!! Was going for some free gas but tickets to play were NICE!!!! where do you ladies find your contests???!!! thanks for any help!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Here is a couple different sites,,I use quite often...Good Luck

http://lookcontests.com/welcome

http://www.contestcanada.net/