Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Leisure Time > Idle Chit Chat!

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 07:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

June Friendship flower

Where did May go...in my corner of the world anyway!.....Can you believe June is here????? I only hope it brings some warmer days with it. For many of us the school year will be ending this month and we will be making plans on how to spend the summer entertaining our children . June will also bring fathers day to celebrate for most of us. Do you do anything special with dad???
For us June will be a busy month. My son graduates from elementary school to head off to High school next year. All of my kids have school trips planned. We have a family wedding to attend and my hubby's work has an anniversry celebration. Throw in our usual soccer games, geocaching, movies, going to ball games and lots of other stuff we will be busy.

So what are your plans this month???

Hugs dEbbie
Attached Images

Last edited by debknechtel; 06-27-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:09 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Father's Day happens to fall on my anniversary. DH is taking a day off work so that we can be together. We will probably go out to eat. Other than that, it is back to school and back to work for me Monday morning. I will take an online class and a regular class in half the time that I take in a regular semester.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 05-31-2008, 08:12 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Well it is officially June here...3 minutes after and we just got home......I slept all day yesterday and all night and with some advil and gravol made it through all our commitments today. First off we headed to DD's dance recital for 12pm.....it was so cute.....all the little ones performed today......nothing like a group of 7-10 3 year olds dressed in the cutest costumes trying to remember thier dance routines.....It was too cute. Paige did so well and has decided to continue next year with both hip hop and tap. The show was over about 3:30pm so we headed home and decided to take DD and MDS with us to Ottawa to go see The 25th Annual Putnam Spelling Bee...it is a broadway musical.....it ws so funny and well done....we had a great time. The kids loved it ....first time they had been to the National Arts Center in Ottawa. It was a nice treat for them...we can not afford to do that to often. Oldest DS is on a canoe trip all weekend so he missed out. Well it is late but I wanted to get this thread open.....Just waiting for my son to fall asleep since he pulled out his tooth on the way home.......tooth fairy needs to make a visit. Thnak goodness tomorrow we have no plans...yet...LOL I think I will sleep in , do some cleaning and just rest.

Hugs dEbbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 05-31-2008, 09:29 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Welcome to June...wow I have no idea where the month of May went...

Our grandson Laucklan turns 5 on June 4th and our other grandson Alex turns 8 on June 27th...now I feel old or at least older...lol

Not sure what we will do for Father's Day...Hubby wants to go fishing and that is fine with me...

Hope everyone has a wonderful month...

Smiles & Hugs...
Old 06-01-2008, 03:24 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

June promises to be a busy month here as well. Today will be a busy day!

Big DS is already up and out and on his way, with a friend, to a local 5K race. They are wearing their school jerseys and are looking forward to this race. I think Big DS wants to run 5Ks all summer to stay in shape for cross-country this fall.

In a little while I have to run over to church and set up my roaster ovens with all those meatballs I made late last week. The lunch is today, at 1:30. Then I will come home & get everyone ready to be out the door for church. We expect to see a lot of friends at the church and the lunch after, so it should be a fun day, but sad, because this is a farewell lunch to the Sisters who have served in our church for a very long time. Many of us do not wish to see them go.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Hello all today would have been my beloved Mom's 94th b'day if she was still with us.
I agree where did May go. Time sure flies but not if you are waiting for something lol.
Hope everyone is having a good Sunday God bless
Old 06-01-2008, 06:37 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Deb, I remember those days of waiting up for the tooth fairy. Once, our DS awakened to be upset because he didn't think she came because there was no money under his pillow. (We had fallen asleep, waiting for him to fall asleep and forgot!) I told DS that maybe she did come and it fell behind the bed. Sure enough, it mysteriously appeared under the bed, where we suspect it fell, while he was sleeping! LOL That was a close call.

Barb, it is always difficult to get close to people and then have to say good bye. I hope you have a great day.

Patti, I know you miss your mom so much.

I got so much done yesterday. After taking the GKs home, I took a power nap. I had to get some coffee in my system to do anything else. I dyed my hair, did grocery shopping for the week, made 2 weeks worth of dog food, and did laundry!!! I even managed to make some treats for the boys since today is Poncho's birthday. Since I start my diet tomorrow and soup, especially ramen noodles, are a weakness of mine, I would like to make a low carb, low calorie soup before my race starts. I figure if I can make a spicy veggie soup and freeze it, I can take it to school for lunches during the week along with fruit.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 06-01-2008, 07:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Oh yes DeBora I still miss her lots and Mother's Day is a really rough one for me.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Wow, it is June already. I have a busy month. Hopefully my house closes on time and I have a weeks vacation that will be used to move. There are many birthdays as well as fathers day.

Pag36 I am sorry you miss your Mom but its very understandable. I wish her a happy birthday up in heaven.

DeBora what kind of diet are you starting? I tried all kinds to lose the belly buldge, nothing worked but the starvation diet! LOL as soon as I starved for a week, I dropped the pounds and found it was easier to keep off by not eating as much, cut out coffee but in the am and of course walking on my treadmill.

DebK you are always so busy but I think you lead an exciting life and your kids have a great childhood. I hope you feel better.

Theresa did you sleep? Were the bad neighbors quiet for once? There is nothing worse than having loud obnoxious neighbors! I hope you get some sleep and eat and take care of yourself. Your body can't fight the fight if its not getting what it needs.

I am off to give the loan lady more paperwork and then I think I might go for a walk on the beach.

Felicia

Old 06-01-2008, 07:30 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Next weekend is a big one for me.
Friday is the anniversary of the day my best friend, Robin, and I met. We met at her parents wedding. Her mom married my brother's fil. We became fast friends and have been friends for 28 years. We are going out to dinner at a Chinese buffet.
Next Sat is my bowling banquet. I will be spending the am splitting up the prize fund into individual envelopes. We will be passing out over $8000 in prize money to 50 bowlers.
Also, Sat & Sun will be my parish's St Anthony's Feast. Two days of special Masses, processions, Portuguese food & music, games, raffles, auctions and just plain hanging out together. As a choir member, I will be singing at both the 5pm Mass on Sat and the 11am High Mass on Sun. Because of my bowling banquet, I will have to run off to the banquet right after Mass on Sat. I will most likely stop back at the Church after my bowling banquet to see if they need any help in the kitchen or penny roll booth. Sunday, I will most likely be at the church the whole day. After the 11am Mass will be the picnic dinner, Bifana (Portuguese pork dish) or Chicken Marsala. At 3pm there will be a procession, after that the booths open until at least 10pm along with music. I probably won't get home until about midnight.

Later this month, I will be volunteering ar the air show with Robin.

Missing my Mom...1/15/07 ~ 1/15/16
Nine years without my best friend

**.ƸӜƷ**

Closed Thread