Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 05-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Admirer

Anyone seen Indiana Jones?

I was reading the cover story in MORE Magazine with Karen Allen, who is starring in Indiana Jones movie - after several years off the screen. After reading the profile, I really want to see the movie because she seems like such an awesome actress. Has anyone seen the movie yet or read the article on her in More?

Also, there is a quote in the MORE article from Harrison Ford that is absolutely adorable -

“Karen has this sort of girlish streak to her, even as a mature woman. And yet it’s not a coy thing. It’s not a weak thing. She has a sense of adventure,” Harrison Ford noticed.

I want Harrison Ford to say that about me!

Old 05-29-2008, 01:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

DH and I were going to go see this movie over Memorial Day Weekend. We haven't been to the movies in AGES, probably last summer - lol! It's just so expensive these days, though. By the time you pay for parking, tickets and small pop, the movie BETTER be really good.

Didn't Karen Allen star in one of the original Indiana Jones movies? I actually wanted to see the movie because of Shia LeBeouff (sp?). DD's and I really liked him on the Disney channel and in Holes. I can't believe he's all grown up already. DH told me that he had read an article that they are grooming him to take over the lead in future Indiana Jones movies.

Don't know if I'll see this one before it comes to DVD or not.

Kathy
Old 05-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Admirer

Yeah Kathy - Karen Allen was in the original Indiana Jones flick - which is really neat that she came back for the new one. You may remember her awesome scene in the original movie where she is working at a bar in Nepal, drinking men under the table and ordering them to get out of the bar! LOL - so great.

In the MORE article on her, I read how LaBeouf is "dazzled" by Allen - which is so cute. I think he is a really great actor too and it's nice to see a 21-year old actor admiring a 56 year old actress!
Old 06-19-2008, 08:27 AM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Newbie

What do you guys think...you think they'll continue Indiana Jones with LaBeouf as the new Indy?
Old 06-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Assistant Moderator

I am going to see it sooner or later a friend saw it and loved it.

Family man
When I saw the young guy with Indy the first thing I thought was he will carry on the Indy movies in the future.

The 3 boxed set on DVD is out for sale I want to wait a few years and get the 4 boxed set for my collection of DVD's

Old 06-27-2008, 07:53 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I have seen the movie and really enjoyed it. I thought it was wonderful to see Karen Allen again. I have not read the article but would love to. I do not know if anyone could do Indy any better than Harrison Ford. He is also a great actor. He is one of my favorites as well as Patrick Swayze.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I have not seen this Indy Jones & will probably wait 'til it comes out on DVD at the library or Redbox(free w/ promo code). I have enjoyed the other three which were shown on FX or USA right before this one came out. Loved Harrison Ford in Working Girl & Air Force One(have the videos). Also love Patrick Swayze & hope he will be getting better.

Gloria

We all need to help save our planet before it's too late