Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 02-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

BOOK DISCUSSION: PS I Love You

I finally finished reading this book. Does anyone still want to discuss it?

I really like the book. I had not seen the movie and really knew nothing about the story before I read it. Now that I have read the book I would love to see the movie too.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I haven't seen the movie and probably won't, just because I hate to see movies based on books I've read.

The book was great. I will say that I wanted it to end differently, but it was a very good book. I could really feel for the main character and her friends. The author had me hooked on this book by page 3.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Barb--I agree. The author does an excellent job of pulling you right into the story. I was expecting a romantic comedy and it is really more of learning to live life again, dealing with grief and a comedy too.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I am so glad you both enjoyed the book...I alwasy worry when I suggest a book I like that no one else will enjoy it. I loved the whole premis to the story.....it hooked me right away to. I thought it was such a beautiful gift he left her.

I am not usually one to want to see the movie but I would like to see this one.

hugs debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 02-05-2008, 09:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Did anyone else feel disappointed when she didn't get together with that really nice guy--I can't remember his name--the one who owned the bar where her sister worked? He was really there for her through the whole thing, and she just left him flat
Old 02-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

At first I was kind of wishing that things would have worked out between them too, but the more I thought about it---It was too soon. Also when he (Daniel--is his name?) went back to his old girlfriend so easily I think it showed he wasn't the right guy for her anyway.
Paige saw the movie over Christmas vacation and said it was really good. She had not read the book. I tend to agree with you Barb, that usually I am disappointed in movies if I have read the book first.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I absolutely loved this book. I hardly ever have a chance to read. I was hooked quickly and was cranky whenever I had to stop to tend to my kids(nice mom, huh?) I would highly recommend this book and have done so. I wanted to see the movie before I ofund the book. I still do,. I dont expect it to be as good, but I am still hoping to see it. Loved it Loved it!!
Old 01-03-2009, 01:33 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I have not seen the movie yet because i hate a movie which is based on a book. But i read that book and i really enjoy it.