Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 10:36 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sammi, I bet you feel better getting caught up on your laundry! I hope the weather isn't too bad.

Felicia, congrats to your DH for getting the job!!!

Train, you know me. I don't want Mary beat up. I just will make her suffer. lol I've been cold and distant to her since she went to the boss telling her that she was afraid I might offend the new girl, we call Chas, who is Black. (By the way, Chas is HIARIOUS! She is a fun and a funny person.) Mary has always said she didn't have friends and she doesn't like people. I know why. Because I have been distant and cold and being very careful to only answer her questions only when they are in relation to work, Mary hasn't been coming in while I am there, which is fine with me. In the past, I will be in my boss' office talking to the boss and Mary will overhear. She'll come in and say, "What business is that of yours?" First, it isn't even Mary's business to get into my business. I was asking the boss who I would need to send a letter to concerning how the evaluations were conducted.

Bottom line, I would rather be working in the mental health field. The only jobs open are full time and I want part time so that I can concentrate on school. I hate being bored more than anything. But, thanks to DH, I have solved that. Another 2 friends of mine liked his idea of scanning textbooks that they are doing the same thing so they'll look busy at work during slow times. The plus about an assistantship, it tuition is lower and I get a $500 scholarship each semester. If I leave for another part time job, outside of the school, I might not get paid enough to make the money I am now. So, we'll see. I can only pray that God will send something my way.

A word concerning my friend Darrell. Wednesday, his CT scan showed he had a perforated bowel and had to be rushed to the hospital. They thought they were going to have to do surgery, which would have pushed back the date they could start chemo even longer. Come to find out, it was only an air pocket and nothing else. Yesterday, he got his portacath implanted. When he fully heals, he will start chemo. I hope the best for my friend because when he gave his life for the Lord, he became sad because he didn't think God wanted him to have a wife, which he dearly wanted. But, he wanted to please God. God finally sent him a woman and he is happily married with 2 children.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 02-22-2008, 02:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Train, I think you have mixed me up with someone else. My DS has not won any scholarship (it would be great if he did!) He's only a sophomore so he's not thinking about college yet.

He has entered a contest to win $1000 worth of flying lessons (almost a pilot's license). I think he has to wait 2 more weeks to find out who won.

Enjoy your retreat!

We've got a Snow Day here. Even DH's office is closed though he thinks he has a conference call at 9. I am sitting here laughing at the local news which has yet to show any "not-related-to-weather" story!
Old 02-22-2008, 04:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Barb,
We've got a snow day here, too. All the schools are closed, so that means DH's office is closed, too. He convinced me to stay home, but I feel guilty about that because it's more about the ice that they say is coming mid-day than current conditions. I'm rather new at my job, and the only "staff" person, so I feel bad about not going in, but DH was really concerned about my walking from the parking garage to my office and the driving later. What a sweetie!

The monkey thing is bizarre -- I'd never heard of it either. I guess it might work for some people, but I'd find it annoying, too.

Fish,
Congrats to your DH on his new job and that's great that you can take a mini-vacation to Disneyworld. I went there on my senior trip in high school (a hundred years ago) so I bet it's completely changed three or four times since then.

Sammi,
So glad your washing machine is repaired. Isn't it amazing how much we take things like that for granted. I know I am floored when a big appliance is out of commission and I can't use it.

Liz
Old 02-22-2008, 06:22 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Good morning everyone. It snowed here and finally stopped. It is now sunny so maybe it will melt every thing for us.

Sammi, I love the show Suppernanny. I always tell me kids and hubby that if they are not being good I am going to call her lol. They know I am just kidding. Glad your wash machine is working now. I am glad I have mine. Knock on wood.

Well talk to you all later.

Francine
Old 02-22-2008, 06:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Sorri I keep meaning to say Congrats Sammi to your son, and somehow managed to forget to post it. The snow has arrived,(again lol) I just talked to dd and she isnt bringing Caitlyn up today, my other 2 gds have no school, and dd got someone to cover her as far as having to go to patients up in this area today, which is fine by me, I dont want her driving in this weather and its just getting started will be worse later on.
DeBora I hope you can find an "assistantship" job with the hours you want, thats awesome the tuition is lower and you get a $bonus!Praying the chemo will help your friend Darrell, since I posted on his site, I am getting email notices of updates on the site, so have been trying to keep up reading them, I never knew there was such a website, Im sure it must help to lift his spirits to see everyone that is posting messages to him, and a great way for his wife to express her feeling and what is going on, (she is extremely thorough as far as saying what is going on, Im not too sure I would be in the frame of mind to be so strong as she seems to be)but I guess somehow God gives us the strength, when it comes to being strong for our loved ones.
Felicia are the lines at Disneyworld as bad as they were 14 years ago, lol(the last time I was there) they were soooooo long, and the week we were there was incredibly HOT, and Im not the type that likes to stand in the hot sun.
Well hope you all have a nice weekend, we have no definate plans as of yet, waiting on this weather to get better, Im trying to think if there is anything we need at the store before it gets real bad out, but now looking out the window, its bad enough we will survive lol!

Old 02-22-2008, 07:59 AM

Felicia, at the WalMart in Manitowoc where I worked, we had a manager, 2 co-managers. One for the grocery side and one for the GM side. Plus all the Assissant Managers. I can think of 11 at the moment.

Sammi, I'm glad your washing machine is fixed. I hope the dc kids settle down some.

Babrszy, has your dd been tested for mono?
My ds had that when he was in 4th grade. The dr. said it wasn't the true mono but a 2nd cousin to it.

Joyce, they don't do anything for my knee. If it were to get to the point where the knee is swollen up, they would drain it.

We didn't get the snow storm they were watching. Yea. Going to be a nice weekend.

Hi to everyone.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-22-2008, 08:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Sharon: That sounds about right for how they run their store. My DH was told they have 10 Asst. Mngrs and each have 4 depts they take care of. Then there is the Co-Store Manager and the Store Manager. He is going to be the Co-Manager and the guy who is the Co is bumping up to Store Manager. They hit it off right away and will play golf together. I think its part of why they offered him a little more money, he got a long so well with the other managers.

I am very excited about going to Disney World. I love it there. I got the Disney music in my head and you know feel all giddy, LOL.

Today is pretty nice out. I feel bad for all of you still stuck with snow. I remember those days and I still miss snow at times [in my insane moments] but today I am glad to be here and not there.

Sandie: I think it depends on the time of year that you go to Disney as for long lines. This is off peak season so I am thinking it won't be bad. I won't know till I get there and will let you know. We went last year in May and it was not bad lines at all. And we always use fast pass. Plus since I stay in the resort on Disney property I can get into parks earlier on some days and stay later on some days.

Felicia

Old 02-22-2008, 12:29 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sandie, I've been keeping up with Darrell through his journal and emails. He and I have been reminiscing about the "good old days" when he and I were closer than any brother and sister. I remember when he prayed and prayed and prayed for a wife. All us married friends tried finding someone for him. Eventually, he moved, got a BA in Pastoral Ministries and Bible. He met his wife during some ministry work in Russia. His email today was upbeat! He is such an upbeat person.

Felicia, what day are you going to Disney World?

I am taking a brief break before I go back to reading my Anxiety chapter in my psychopathology book. Our professor wasn't kidding when she said it was the second most difficult chapter in the book. Anxiety disorders are pretty cut and dry in the DSM, but the underlying symptoms aren't. This author says they are anxiety and they aren't. lol I am about 3/4 the way done and then I have to write a paper. I am hoping that I can get started on my paper for my online class too. Mid-terms are coming up and I will need all the free time I can to study for them.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 02-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sorry, Barbszy! That's what happens when I read too many posts and forget who says what!!!!
I hope he does win those flying lessons!!

DeBora, I will be praying for your friend, Darrell.

Today I cleaned the lving room and did laundry. I need to get to the store but it's been raining all day. I've got chicken in the oven for Mark and Dorothy. I'll be having fish tonight since it's Lent.

Two weeks till my retreat and I can hardly wait!!

hugs, train

Old 02-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sandi, How much snow did you get? We got about 4 inches I think but it is still snowing. The weekend looks good but then more snow predicted later in the week. Yuck!!! Hope you have a nice weekend. Sometimes an unplanned out weekend is just the best.

Laura, right now I would love to me out west in the dry heat and away from all this snow!

Felicia, I figured someone would get the “monkey business” comment LOL That is such good news about your dh’s new job and the more money. I hope you have an absolute blast at Disney! I have gotten hooked on HBO series but buy them on dvd as we don’t get HBO. I am hoping to see Big Love sometime. I’ve watched all of Deadwood, Six Feet Under, Carnivale, and am now working on The Sopranos.

DeBora, from the way you describe Mary ( sensitive, no sense of humor etc.) I can see why she might have a problem in the friend department. I always wonder about people like that and what kind of upbringing they had. I think a persons childhood explains a lot. I am keeping your friend Darryl in my prayers. Glad to hear he is in good spirits. I think a positive mental outlook definitely helps people get well.

Barbszy, we got the snow here too but school wasn’t cancelled. Hope your ds wins the flying lessons. That would be so cool!

Liz, I think it is very sweet that your dh worries about you like that. I don’t think I will ever complain about doing laundry again!!

Francine, I love Super Nanny too. It is hard to believe some parents have such out of control children. She certainly works miracles. (and did you know she does not have children of her own yet?)

Sharon, glad to hear you got to escape this storm. I talked to one of my dc kindergarteners moms and found out he has been extremely grouchy at home too - very fresh, mouthy, crabby etc. she thinks it is because he has been stuck inside too much. I agree. I told her to pack his ski pants all of next week as it is school vacation week.

Donna (train) sounds like you got a lot done today. Your retreat sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun!

My poor cat got neutered today. I had to pick him up earlier than expected due to the bad weather and the vets closing early. He was very funny when he got home - walked sideways. Went right to his food dish (as he hadn’t eaten in over a day) and tried to eat but tipped over. He is doing better now. He has to stay inside for a few days and is NOT happy about that but right now it is not safe to let him out as he just had surgery and anesthesia. The kindergarteners were grouchy again today. Next week is school vacation week and one of those boys won’t be here so they will get a break from each other which I think will help. Also, they can all get outside which I know for sure will help. I have fewer kids on vacation weeks so it might be an easier week. Tomorrow I am going to Maine to go out with my best friend and another friend from high school. We are going to go out to lunch and who knows what else. I am really looking forward to it. I hope the weather clears up so the driving won’t be bad. Dd is working tonight and has to drive home in the yucky weather. Tonight I am staying in, eating popcorn and watching Ghost Whisperer and reading my book. Hope everyone is having a good evening.

~Mother Theresa

Closed Thread