Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Leisure Time > Idle Chit Chat!

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

View Poll Results: What is your favorite thing to do when you have extra time on your hands?
like to read 21 65.63%
cook/bake 12 37.50%
watch TV 9 28.13%
hop on the computer 20 62.50%
crafts 8 25.00%
exercise 2 6.25%
shop 2 6.25%
play games or puzzles 7 21.88%
talk/text on the phone 2 6.25%
some else....do tell! 6 18.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2008, 03:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I could have ticked them all! I resisted on a couple. I also love bubble baths, but the thought of getting out and dry usually makes me choose to hop into bed earlier with a good book or story magazine.
Computer is fun too. Dd and I have been playing Sims lately ~ such fun.
Baking is great fun, and I rarely eat what I bake unless it is choc chip cookies. The rest just fills containers for the rest of the family!
Old 01-26-2008, 09:19 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I love to read, especially early in the morning when the house is still quiet. I also enjoy making cards for friends and our soldiers overseas. At night, I surf the web and once in a while I enjoy baking for friends and my grandkids.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I do like to read. And cook. And sometimes, with a little extra time, I remember to add some extra prayers in too.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 01-27-2008, 12:49 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Read, sew or craft are my "time on my hands" things to do.

Old 01-27-2008, 01:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Read,hop on the computer, watch TV/movies, & do crafts. I just finished a St Patrick's Day cross-stitch & now I am knitting a scarf for dd.

Gloria

We all need to help save our planet before it's too late

Old 01-28-2008, 02:17 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

My favorite relax time: I am early morning riser, 3-4 hrs b 4 hubby, so I am on computer at that time as not to wake him. During winter months, my favorite is working on my crafts...such a serenity. Summer...well it's hard to get me off the lake...I LOVE to fish and being able to walk out 20 ft to the lake is most incredible.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:36 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Catwoman

Hi Catwoman
I spend more time on my computer than I probably should but I love it. I remember when I didn't have one and now I think of how much I was missing. Just look how we can communicate and make friends right online, I love that. But.......I tend to sit and just enjoy doing nothing too. I used to read alot but did it when I went to bed. Now I have my nights and days mixed up and I am awake most of the night. I would like to get that changed around again. Lets be friends.
PS My nic name is Donnie, my full name is Donetta, don't want you to think I am a guy, ha ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwoman
What I *usually* do is sit on the couch and veg or hop on the computer.

My *favorite* thing to do when I have the time is read. I just like to have sufficient time to get into the book, and 30 minutes won't cut it!!
Old 05-29-2008, 08:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Hi and welcome Donnie. Oh we have a couple guys on here so even if you were one you would still be welcome.
I also read when I go to bed at least my books then but do read my mags during the day sometimes.
I live on my puter for the most part but do get off occasionaly lol.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thumbs up Pag

I just wanted to make sure I told you, I know some ladies who are married do not want to chat with men, lol. I think it confuses people because Donnie is a boy's name. But I guess it doesn't have to be. I could use Donna but that would seem strange, I have gone by the name Donnie since I was a small child. That must be your grandbaby in the picture with you. I have 4, 2 boys and two girl's. My oldest son and his wife just lost a baby a few weeks back. She was a little over 4 months along. They went to learn the sex of the baby and there was no heartbeat. It died somewhere in the three weeks prior because they had detected aheartbeat the doctor visit before. They took it pretty hard.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:05 AM
FamilyCorner Addict

Happy face

I went to school with a girl named Veronica & she always went by Ronny. Everyone confused her name with a boy's name too. Another girl I know is named Georgia & she goes by George.

I chat with a few guys online but it's ones I know. I don't go in the chat rooms cuz you never know about people in there. Unless it is a private chat room with someone that I know.