Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 01-01-2008, 03:28 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

2007 Microsoft Word

I loaded Microsoft Word, PP, and Excel into my new laptop. However, the Microsoft Word 2007 is HORRIBLE!!!! There is NO file, format, etc... The format is all different and I cannot get it to do anything that I want. Does anyone know if there is a way that I can do a free download of an older version or make this version work like the old one?
Old 01-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

DeBora, to get to what used to be "FILE" just click on that multicolor icon in the upper left. It is called the OFFICE BUTTON. It has all the functions you used to find under "FILE."

There's a learning curve with the new version but it does have some fabulous features like allowing you to preview what something would look like in a different font or size before committing to that.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Barb, thank you so much! I was getting SO frustrated! I got the Word, PowerPoint, and Excel for $20 from the school. But, I was beginning to think it wasn't a savings if I could do anything with it. Thank you again!!!!
Old 01-02-2008, 03:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

DeBora, I have had 2007 for about a year now. I was really frustrated in the beginning but once I got the hang of it, I found I liked it even more than Word 2003! There are one or 2 minor things I haven't figured out how to do, but I've made it work.

My secret was, DH put it on the kids' computer first, and Big DS took it for a road test. Then he showed me how to do stuff. You just need to get a teenager on the job! LOL!
Old 01-02-2008, 07:36 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Barb, I don't have any teens or kids at home to help me figure it out. But, maybe at school, other students will know and help me.

When I moved all my files over to my new computer and opened one to work with it, I nearly died! I work on Word all the time for my school work. I am planning to have all my photos and stuff transferred over from my old computer to my new computer before school starts. Once I go to Midland and my old computer is with DH (he has already claimed the old computer as his!) I won't have access to the old data and stuff. So, I wanted to make sure everything is working and ready for school.

Thanks for the help!
Old 01-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

You got a nice deal, Office suite for $20!

Maybe you can barter tutoring for computer help once you are back in school.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Fortunately, students get free computer help from the computer techs! But, I won't be back until the 14th. It was one of the computer techs who told me about the $20 deal!
Old 01-03-2008, 01:41 AM
Nine Year Member

We got 2007 at the office and had just a couple interface problems that needed a patch. I have been using 2003 because most people can open the files and with 2007 they might have problems. That said, I have been slowly warming up to 2007 and think it will be real nice once everyone else in the world is on board to it!

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 01-03-2008, 07:19 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Ellen, what kind of patch did you have to get and where did you get it? I want to make sure I get rid of any problems before school starts and I am writing three papers per week.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Another thing, many of my papers have to be double spaced. I find single spaced, but I cannot get Word to double-space. Any ideas.?