Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 12-29-2007, 04:38 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Looking for ideas for bridal shower

I now there are many tallented people out there and I am tapping my resources to find ideas for games and recipes for about 100 ladies. I want to do something very (girly) for DD because this is just for her and at the same time want everyone to have a fabulous time and talk about the shower for months to come. No presure that I can see, LOL. All of the girls standing have no clue as to how to give a shower, I think they think they show up and its done (maybe there is a bridal fairy that does it). Any help would be wonderful, thanks, Carol
Old 12-29-2007, 09:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Do you want a bridal shower with original shower games, food, gifts..etc, or something like a lingerie & gifts shower that lots of young women are having these days?

There's also more formal showers like tea parties or formal dinners.

What type of shower do you have in mind?

What colors/theme would you like to use? More formal/less formal?

I'm sure that we can come up with lots of ideas if you give us a little more info!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 12-29-2007, 11:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

What fun! It is late, but I will add some that I can think of.
One that I like is when everyone comes in hand them an envelope and have them write their name and address on it. Put all envelopes in a bowl and periodically through the shower you draw one and they get a small prize. It is great for the bride to be also for she will use them to send her thank you cards in.
Word scrambles are always good. Use the bride and grooms names and have everyone make as many words they can from them in 3 or 5 minutes.
Have a tray and put miscellaneous items on it. Dress the bride or someone of your choosing with things like a barrette, necklace, rings, pin on their clothes etc. in a private room. Have this person go through the room and have everyone study the tray. When the person has left the room, have them all write down what she was wearing. It is great for no one thinks to look at the girl!
Have everyone bring their favourite recipe to the shower and the bride will have a wonderful start to her collection.

Don't get your knickers in a knot It makes you walk funny!
Old 12-30-2007, 04:28 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

OK I have booked the Church's reception area for the shower, there are round tables so I can have 8 on a table. White tablecloth, white dishes, all the girly stuff. My daughter is going from Liz Claiborne to Cabella's if this makes sense. He is very much an outdoors person and she loves it also but the shower is going to be more on the formal size. The food is what I have to start working on as How do you serve all of these ladies and remain cool and collected. I will have some sort of game that each table has a winner as they will get the floral centerpiece. I have been collecting Yankee Candles votives with holders and have about 50 of these as gifts also, then I have little odds and ends that I have found. I have the recipe cards that are going out with the invitations so that they can have everyones favorite recipes (she doesn't know that one) Hope I gave everyone something to think about, all suggestions are welcome so start throwing them at me please.
I forgot to tell you the shower is April 5, so here we go

Last edited by thisgirl; 12-30-2007 at 04:31 AM.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
As far as serving food, how about an appetizer buffet full of finger foods?

Things like:

Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
http://www.familycorner.com/family/f...petizers.shtml

Mini Cucumber Sandwiches
http://www.familycorner.com/family/f...petizers.shtml

Hummus Dips and Cheese Dips with fancy crackers and veggies.

A chocolate fountain with fruits, pretzels, cubed cake would be fun.

Fruit Salad

Chicken Salad on Mini Croissants

Cupcakes a very chic and trendy right now. They are much easier to handle instead of a big cake.

I love the recipe card idea!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 12-30-2007, 10:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

We had a toilet paper wedding gown compition.....divide into teams of about 6-10. The bride picks one girl in each team to be the model. Give them so much time. The bride picks the winner.

Ahead of time ask the groom a bunch of questions.......at the shower ask the bride the questions and what she thinks his answer is.....for every wrong question she has to chew a piece of bubble gum.....adding anouther for each wrong answer. We used questions like what is his shoe size, what is his fav fast food meal, what were you wearing the night he proposed..etc.

Take the brides married name and give everyone paper and pens. In a time limit have them come up with the most words they can make from her name. The one with the most wins.

When everyone arrives put a famous women on their back....they have to ask other guests yes or no questions to guess their famous identity.

Write a poem and use household items names in it presenting her with each item when you read it off...for instance waking up with "Joy" and the chance to "SNUGGLE" every morning with her new hubby. She will get all kinds of products she can use and it is alot of fun.

When she is opening up her gifts have someone write down everything she says ...then after use them in a story.....The bride woke up and exclaimed"you've got to be kidding" "I needed one of those" Looking at her new hubby she said"I di not know there were so many sizes" etc etc...get the idea....I think you can find stories already written online.

Thats all I can think of right now

Hugs debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 12-30-2007, 10:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Anouther good one....buy the thank you cards and use them for the guests to write their addresses on the envelopes for the door prize....then all the envelopes are rready for her to send after the shower....reallly a big help to the bride.

Hugs debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 12-30-2007, 10:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

If she is making a scrapbook of her wedding have a 12X12 pages handy for guests to sign and write comments...then she can add them to her book later.

A twist on the tray game is then ask the bride to leave the room and for everyone to answer questions about her...what color/kind of earings, socks or nylons, color lipstick, how was her hair done, color eyes etc.

hugs debbie

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 12-31-2007, 02:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

These are all good ideas so far and I think we will use some of them, I would love to see the paper wedding dress but I think its to large of a crowd.
I can have them sign the envelopes when they come in and the scrapbook page also GREAT IDEAS! Thanks
If I start to gather rare information about the groom and store it so I can just print out a sheet of facts maybe have a true or false or a circle the right answer A. B. or C. We could throw in the brides questions too
I had seen this at Barnes and Noble but I wasn't going to pay $20 for questions that I can make up.
What a Hoot I am having already, I vote we get a bridal shower every 10 years, that way I wouldn't ever have to buy new towels LOL
Old 12-31-2007, 02:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Here is the poem for you to read if you wanted it....just add the items

Dear Sarah, You are entering a new ERA. There will come a THYME in your marriage when you find "groom's name" is not always MR. CLEAN, but don't send out the S.O.S. because he might VANISH. "Groom's name" will always bring you CHEER and you will find him to be your white DOVE. When you are together you will find JOY, so remember your PLEDGE and give him your ALL. To "bride's name" and "groom's name" the Best of Luck & Good Fortune in the years to come. And may "groom's name" always be your HONEY.
Variation: This one is a letter utilizing mostly cleaning products and health products. This is to be presented by the bridal party to the bride in front of guests:
Dear "bride's name", It is only fair that we let (Bride's name) in on a little SECRET. (Groom's name) may be FANTASTIC but wait until (Bride's name) finds out that he is not MR. CLEAN. He'll expect her to be a DYNAMO in the kitchen and he thinks all women should MOP & GLOW. At night he'll wake you up at DAWN to SNUGGLE up close. We all AGREE that (Bride's name) and (Groom's name) will have a very happy LIFE together. Our wish for you is that your home be filled with JOY and you remain as happy as ever in the FUTURE.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson