Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 12-31-2007, 03:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Each guest should receive a piece of paper with the following sentences that need to be completed. Time limit should only be 5 minutes. Sentences:
  1. A woman's work ...
  2. A happy house...
  3. Behind every great man...
  4. A woman's place...
  5. When the going gets tough...
  6. A stitch in time...
  7. My house is...
  8. The path of true love...
  9. Variety is...
  10. Every man's home...
  11. True love...
  12. Marriages are...
  13. A watched pot...
  14. If the shoe fits...
  15. A penny saved...
  16. Home is...
  17. Too many cooks...
Answers:
  1. is never done
  2. is full of laughter
  3. is a successful woman
  4. is in the home.
  5. the tough get going
  6. saves nine
  7. your house
  8. never runs smooth
  9. the spice of life
  10. is his castle
  11. conquers all
  12. made in heaven
  13. never boils
  14. wear it
  15. is a penny earned
  16. where the heart is
  17. spoil the broth

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 12-31-2007, 03:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Anouther game that is fun...have cameras ready

Tell the guests and bride to pretend the wedding is over and it is the wedding night. The motel/cruise boat/etc. that the couple is staying in loses all electricity and the bride must prepare for her wedding night in complete darkness. Next blindfold the bride and hand her a suitcase. SHe must put on everything in the suitcase. Put items in it such as sunglasses, men's underwear, big bra, work gloves, or anything else that may bring a laugh. (She puts all this on over her clothes!) When she is done take a picture ...it's hilarious!

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 12-31-2007, 03:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Anouther one

Draw it.
Every person is handed a piece of paper, pen and a hard covered book. They are all instructed to put their names on the paper and then turn it over and put it on the book. Then they are to all put the books on their heads (with the clean side of the paper facing upward). They have to draw what the bride I will look like on her wedding day (making the drawing as detailed as they can- with a veil, jewelry, a train, etc.... Allow them 2 minutes to finish their drawings. Then they can take the book off their heads and look at their masterpieces, (It is a crack-up). Then hand all of the papers to the bride to vote on which one is the very best. Then turn the paper over to see who had drawn it. The bride can keep all of the drawings and look at them fondly over the years.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 12-31-2007, 03:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Name the spice
Guess the Spice
Get 10 or more different spices, new containers. Cover the outside of the container, so you cannot read the name and attach a name to each spice. When everyone has arrived pass the spice around one at a time. You can say your guess out loud after everyone has smelled the spice or have them write their answer on a piece of paper. The paper method tends to work best. After all the spices have been passed, announce the number and have each person state the state their answer. Then remove the label and give the correct name. Give a prize to the guest who got the most right and give the spices to the bride.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 12-31-2007, 03:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Oh My Gosh, the draw the picture on theie heads would be the funnies thing to see. Better give them a drink or two first
the spice one would work because that could be an ongoing game as she is opening her gifts or before we eat or something

Last edited by thisgirl; 12-31-2007 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Nine Year Member

Here is a page for Bridal Teas.

http://www.seedsofknowledge.com/bridalteas.html

You could have each person design or make a quilt block and either send them back to you to complete a quilt for the bride to be or have the guests bring them w to the shower and collect them for a quilt to be completed later for the new bride.

You could also have each person invited to bring a can of food without the label. Collect them in a laundry basket to fill the newly weds pantry.

Last edited by VicRae; 01-04-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Nine Year Member

Here's another site for parties.

http://www.thepartyworks.com/party-planning/kids/createparty.htm
Old 01-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Assistant Moderator

when my now daughter in law got married in Oct, I knew the fun was in the games, but others did not.. I couldn't believe no games were played at any of the showers...

I really did miss out on that too.
sounds as if you got alot of neat ideas, main thing is to have fun, take lots of pictures

wishing the couple the best.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Nine Year Member

Here's a couple more ideas;

Place colored dots ahead of time on the bottom of the chairs. You could color code the chairs with one of each color at each table. Then make all the people with say red dots, put on a skit using some suggestions you place on cards to be drawn from.
It could get real comical. You could have about eight to ten skits depending on however many chairs to each table.

Then you could give out door prizes using the dots or numbers placed on the bottom of the chairs, plates or favors.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

What I think I have so far

So far I think we will play the who knows the bride and groom the best, the identify the spices game, and maybe gift bingo. There will be a special book at each talble with directions on it like closest birthday to the bride gets the book, then who brought the biggest purse and so on until the book as been gone through and the one who holds it at the end will get the centerpiece for that talbe.
As far as food so far chicken salad with croissonts, salads, a chocolate fountain and petti fours so far! hope all is well with everyone, Carol