October 2007 Friendship flower - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

October 2007 Friendship flower

Welcome to October!!!!! Can you believe it is here!!!! I sure can't. The leaves are changing colors and many children are looking forward to picking out the perfect costume for trick or treating . Here in Canada we will celebrate Thanksgiving next weekend. Does anyone have any special plans for this month? I will be leaving home to fly to my parents to stay with my mom for 11 days. I hope whatever your plans it will be a great month.

Hugs debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 09-30-2007, 03:26 PM

Our plans for this month-
DH getting a job.
Decorationg for Halloween
Old 09-30-2007, 03:27 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

wow i cant believe it oct already time just flys when you having fun uh have a great month ladies

Old 09-30-2007, 03:35 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

DebK, will you be baking and cooking a million things again? Your Thanksgiving dinners always sound so delicious!

Patti, I hope the little one gets to feeling better soon!

I have no plans for this month other than school. I have no life. lol Next month we are planning on going to the races!

My race is still going on! The stopped the race twice for ran. They just restarted it and some drivers wrecked, right in front of Bobby, when Bobby checked up, cars behind him smacked into him, pushing him into the wreck! They are talking about doing minimal to get the car running as they don't think it is fixable. They want to get it back out on the track to see if it is as bad as they think. Once the race is over, DH and I will make our way to Texas.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:36 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Deb that was a pretty flower I also forget to look at it thanks. I will be leaving here morn of 15th and will not be back till sometime 18th (the later the better) and after that a former classmate of mine will be in area (while I am gone too) and he is coming by to see me before he leaves to go back home to South Carolina. He came last year too in June I think.
The trip I am taking is what Susie and I always to for our b'days. But this is first time for this area which is about hour and half from here. Hugs to all oh Deb hope you have a great flight and visit home
Old 09-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

What a pretty flowerpot, Deb!
Old 09-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Assistant Moderator

PattiGm I hope Steven is feeling better.
Sammi, I love dilly beans. My family doesn't agree with me. lol They think they are gross.
Our plans are to tear out a partial wall between the living and dining room next weekend. I am so excited. I will have a large great room.
I have been bitten by the sewing bug. I bought more material and patterns today in walmart. It would have helped if I would have bough ballpoint needles. I also sewed baby bibs this weekend. I have ten bibs for our neice. My kids wanted pj bottoms so I bought material and they are going to make them with my help. I think they need to learn to sew.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:05 PM
Nine Year Member

My plans for this month are to have Carpal Tunnel surgery and then proceed to go insane while out of work for 4 weeks for recovery!
Old 09-30-2007, 08:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Patti,
Sorry Imp is sick, poor guy! Hope he wasn't feeling bad on his birthday.

Deb,
Will you be spending Thanksgiving at your parents? I know ,DeBora, her Thanksgiving dinner and then all the goodies she makes for Christmas always sound SO delicious!

Donnadval, be sure to get yourself lots of movies and books for while you are recuperating!!!! I hope your wrist will feel better after the surgery.

DeBora, so I am a Silly Girl, HUH!!!!!
I had to drop out awhile due to all that was going on with Mark and all so I just assumed you were in SSisters!!!!!
Anyways, since I thought Karen would easily figure out who I am I made up this whole big story about living on a farm and having 8 kids!!!! At first she said no one on FC had that many kids and I told her I was fairly new and then told her I DId have all those kids and she believed me!
You reading this, Boggsz?? Remember that? I love ya, girl!
Then I ended up telling her the truth that I had never been on a farm in my life and so she said come on over anytime and she would show me how to be a farmgirl!!!!!

My mom and dad came over awhile today. It's good to see my dad out and about and wanting to get out of the house a little.

Busy day tomorrow, xray and doctors appt for my toe and rehab doctor for Mark.
Mark wants to find out what else he can do for his arm since it is still so sore.
Sammi, hopefuly the pain does go away, I just wish he could get a good nights sleep w/o waking up hurting.

He just got in trouble with me!!!!! He gets his words mixed up and has called me moms nickname a couple times. I just laugh but he just said "Goodnight Tri.............and he stopped and caught himself but he was beet red and knew he was in troulbe !!!! Our DOGS name is Tricky!!!!!!!!!!
He just said, I'm in big trouble, aren't I!!!!!!
LOLOL!!!!!!
I love the guy and I am just glad he can talk at all, so if he wants to call me tricky, well, I guess thats OK!!!!!!!!

He's my miracle guy!!!!

hugs, train
Attached Images

Last edited by trainlady; 09-30-2007 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: Melbourne, Australia, the World's most liveable city!
Happy October girls.

My plans for this month are to
* continue the exercises for my arm,
* try and get some sewing done for the grandbaby due in December,
* get my Christmas cards written (earlier than Boxing Day)
* flying to Canberra for a wedding end of month.
On Saturday went to orthop surgeon and he said everything is going as expected with my arm, but not even looking at me going back to work until beginning of November at this stage. Hi-ho, I'm getting a tad fed up now -it's been 11 weeks so far!!

Hope everyone has fun this month, whatever you do.

"Love people, not things.
Use things, not people"

Closed Thread