Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 09:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

September 2007 Friendship Flower

Welcome to September!!! This is the month where for most of us shorter days are starting and cooler evenings. Kids are all starting back to school whether it be the first day of kindergarten or the first days of university. Back to routines , canning and pickling the last of the summer harvest. Fall is one of my favorite times of the year. Of course if you live in the land down under flowers are just starting to sprout and the weather is warming for spring. so what are your plans for this month

Hugs debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 08-31-2007, 10:18 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Bummer! I went to look at the floweres for September and it states that they have wilted. Oh well.

As many know, it has been a Bummer Summer and the bad luck continues. Thankfully, nothing negative has happened today.

I am awaiting for the results of some tests my MIL is going through on her heart.

I have been a busy bee today. I did laundry, made a week's worth of diet dog food for Poncho, who has a bladder stone, and I am currently finishing grilling some chicken for chicken quesadillas and burgers for chipotle burgers. I try to cook once and eat for days while I am in school.

I survived my first week of school. In a little over a week, I have 4 papers due and at least 7 chapters to read. 3 of those papers are due this week. I don't mind the writing, but I am not sure that I am fond of the reading, reading, and more reading.

We had a bad wreck on Interstate 20 yesterday. It took us FOREVER to get from Walmart to our house on the feeder road since they were sending ALL the Interstate traffic to the feeder road. Apparantly, one compresser truck and the truck with the wide load sign, stopped on the side of the road, making them still in the middle of the Interstate!!! They were looking at maps to see if they could clear the upcoming overpass. Since they couldn't get off the Interstate while they were stopped, a huge semi, rammed into them. One lady said there was a 7 car pile-up, but DH and I only saw about 4 cars involved. I know that I nearly hit one of the drivers in the vehicles that caused the wreck because he ran in front of my car. I think they should test their blood for drugs or alcohol, because that is crazy. The sad part is that on the exact same location the day before, a vehicle hit a bicylcist on the Interstate. Supposedly, there wasn't much left of the bicyclist. I like taking the Interstate to school, but if it gets too dangerous, I will take Business 20. It has more lights, but it may be safer, and with my luck, it may be the way to go. Unfortunately, the semi who hit the trucks that were stopped, jack-knifed and it busted his load with perishable foods. I wouldn't want to be the insurance company for the at-fault driver.

I hope everyone is having a terrific TGIF!
Old 08-31-2007, 10:37 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Wow DeBora you are having some week and its not even the first of September yet...hope things start getting better for you soon...

I won't be doing too much today...just a couple Peach Pies and some Peach Preserves...I think I am officially PICKLED...

Hope everyone has a wonderful long weekend...

Smiles & Hugs...
Old 08-31-2007, 11:53 AM
Assistant Moderator

Good afternoon!

This month we start hsing for the year. Dh and I have our vow renewal on the 15th. My sis still says she will continue to come down 2x a month to help clean sweep dad's house.
I am still decluttering my house! I have a few more things to move around until I have everything the way I am in the mood for it. Still have tons of paper filing to do. I just got started on the basement too. Yeah I am in a decluttering mood!

Update on the accident here. One sister is in a coma, the other has had surgery to fix her leg. It was one leg and it wasn't severed but a lot of damage. Thier brothers funeral is
Tues. He was a senior this year.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:10 PM
Assistant Moderator

DeBora, I am hoping that since tomorrow is a new month, you have fulfilled your quota of bad luck for the year and good luck begins as of Sept. 1. That accident sounds horrible. I don't think I would like driving on the interstate there at all. You certainly have been busy. i hope you enjoy your 3-day weekend and are able to get your studying done.

Theresa, wow, peach pies are awesome!!! I made a peach/raspberry pie once and dh loved it. I should try just making a peach pie. I think my dh would eat any kind of pie though, he is kind of a fanatic. Once we are at a dinner buffet at a restaurant and after 3 huge plates of food he ate 12 pieces of pie. He said he had to try one piece of each flavor. I hope you get to have a relaxing weekend after all the work you did this week.

Margaret, hope you have a nice weekend. I hope your surgery goes well and that they can do the "3 small cuts" as that is so much simpler and a much easier recovery!

Connie, wow, you are certainly busy. Feel free to come declutter my house when you are done yours LOL. That is one project I hope to start on this weekend. That is so sad about the accident. I hope they are able to save the girls let. Any news about the girl in the coma? I feel for the poor parents and will keep the family in my prayers.

The new dc child who starts next Tuesday just came for a visit with his mom to meet me. I had his older brother years ago so already knew the mom. He is a very nice boy. he is in kindergarten and will only be coming in the mornings and will go to kindergarten with the other two 5 year olds that I have. Ds2 as asking if he could stay home with me this weekend rather than go to the island and i said not a a chance!!! I can get so much more done if everyone is gone and dd and I have plans to go see a chick flick and order Chinese food. Can't see a chick flick with a 12 yo boy! I truly need a chance to get some work done here so am going to be mean and make him go have fun at the island. I think they are taking the dog too so I won't have to constantly take him out. He loves the island because since he hates water, he can run about free and we don't have to worry about him swimming away. it is almost the end of my work day. Woohoo. I love 3-day weekends. Hope everyone is having a good afternoon.

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa

Last edited by Sammi1961; 08-31-2007 at 12:13 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:24 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

subbing...cute pot...
Have to be at PMC at 7:45 a.m. on Tuesday..and then this will be behind me.....
Been getting behind..my ggdd turns 4 on Monday..and I still haven't even bought her gift let alone mailed it...usually I am early on everything...but will get it out soon...with five grands and five great grands it is hard to keep up....
Old 08-31-2007, 12:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Just checking in for the new month. DH tells me we should be able to get lots done around the house this weekend. I sure hope so! I'm in the mood to get him going on emptying his boxes from the move and getting ourselves a little better organized here!

Liz
Old 08-31-2007, 01:32 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Well, helloo ladies. Fancy meeting you here.

hmmm,

Jrz, thanks for the Maxine tag. Loved it!

Theresa, you did a lot of work on them pickles and thanks for that nice shot of them. We have proof now that pickles are sealed and done. LOL! Now we're just waiting for the first bite, when it comes time, to see what dh says...perhaps it will go something like this: *crunch, crunch*mmmm*sooo good!*

LOL, I am a little slow today, you think! THat's what I get for staying up late last night. And when I read some of your posts I was surprised you were all saying good morning! It is now 1125am over here. Dh came home sometime around 1 am. My last post for the August Friendship Thread was officially Friday morning in the wee hours of Hawaii-Nei! Wow, August has come and gone. Selah!

I'll be back later ladies. But don't you worry I am just gettin' started. I still love dancin' with my dc buddies, just right now, this dc kid is pooped (tired not something else)!
Attached Images

Old 08-31-2007, 03:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Oh jolly good, I found the Sept. friendship thread!!
I am glad you had no bad luck today DeBora, because when you do, I then brace myself cuz I know I'm next! Today we had a bad storm and it started leaking like crazy in the garage in the 3rd spot [its a 3 car] so we called the ppl to let them know, it's also leaking by the outside garage door... so maybe all this stuff that is happening is good. I would want these things fixed before I paid 250,000 for this house! That's a lot of money to have a roof leak!!! We did start looking around for a new house and found some that are similiar to this one and even a few with pools so I am sure we will find something.
Margaret I will be thinking of you tuesday and will pray that things go smoothly and that you are feeling good soon. I am sorry you have to go through so much,hang in there.
Lita You're like a ray of sunshine girl.
DebK I dont have any plans this month just to hopefully make it through in one piece!
Hello buddiebeaniebaby, sammi, bluebird and lizzie boo.
Bluebird I was reading about the accident you mentioned, trying to catch up on posts, that's so horrible.
Well the pizza girl was just here, I actually ordered pizza from dominoes online, so COOL that it works... I didnt have to go anywhere! Off to enjoy my pizza..
Felicia

Old 08-31-2007, 03:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Yes it is September 1st here. Sat morning and a beautiful Spring Day. Tomorrow is Father's Day so we need to do a little shopping this morning. Tonight dh and I will be out ~ I'll tell you about it tomorrow! (ooh suspense)

September holds ds's 13th birthday, bil birthday, Father's Day, I am commencing study on a short course that will be very intensive, and we begin two weeks school holidays at the end of Sept. It will be busy I am sure, but that just makes for more interest I suppose.
DeBora, I am hoping for a boring September for you, you have had way too much excitement in August!
Fish, hope there is good house news for you.
Connie, all the best with HS with the kids and the vow renewal.
BBB, relax and eat, you have been a busy bee and now can relax a little.
Sammi Let's dance!!
debk, hope we see more of you this month and that you stay well.
jrz, looking forward to good news following TUesday. Remember if Amanda needs to post that she let's us know it is her!! LOL We must be polite to 'visitors'

Lita, looking forward to more laughs with you, you little btb fiend, you!

Lizzie boo, enjoy the decluttering.

Coll, cau, barbszy, ellen lynne, marj and all our other flower friends, we look forward to sharing September with you as we all experience better weather than we have been having. Hopefully here there will be spring showers ~ we still need the rain. The situation is much worse than this time last year I think.

Closed Thread