September 2007 Friendship Flower - Page 45 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Nine Year Member

With Mr. Poo Poo lurking still, I believe I will take World Gratitude Day as the antidote.

Thanks, Lita!

Sammi, keep us tuned and wow, I am going to post at home that post of your weekend and the scary man.

Work is settling down so I can breathe again.

WE got the deck stained this weekend. And I took a whole hour for lunch today, wowee! Sat with dd1 and two gf and it was sweet indeed.

Barbszy, should I ask, what was the wording in the threats? or should we just drop it and hope for the best from now on??

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 09-25-2007, 08:10 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Rosey, good to "see" you posting!

DebK, the professor that is tough is good tough, so I am really not complaining. He really isn't picking on me. He's just point out my weaknesses and he is helping me learn to think better critically.

Lita, I will miss Margaret's list of wacky holidays.

Ellen, I hope Mr Poo Poo leaves soon!

Well, I have a literature review to write by 2 weeks from Tuesday as well as my other papers. But, I think I am getting the hang of my schedule though. Tomorrow I have to conduct an interview for the Sunday paper. I think my boss wants me to write it, but I am not familiar with how to write in a journalistic manner. But, I am learning that writing style as I put things in the Web site.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:16 PM
Nine Year Member

Rosey, will you be exchanging Christmas ornaments again this year?

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 09-25-2007, 10:51 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Ellen yes I'll be exchanging again this year. I really enjoyed it last year and my tree looked so pretty.
love,
Rosey
Old 09-25-2007, 11:33 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: Melbourne, Australia, the World's most liveable city!
Hi girls, just passing through, seems thats all I ever do these days.

Thanks for the Wacky Hols and the Maxines Lita, I love 'em.

Ellen, sounds like you are doing well with work, and gr8 to be able to meet with dd and gfs.

DebK, whoo!, I am exhausted just reading your posts, hope things settle soon. When is your trip to your parents place?

Connie, how is dd? Sorry to be ignorant but what is a flare?

Fish, found a house yet?

Nell, how is dh doing?

Sharon, is Buck still doing well?

Brbszy, biting your tongue is honorable, but I often don't manage to stick with my plan to do that

DeBora, hope the pooter sorts out. I was told to keep away from Vista, don't know why but we have done as I was told.

Joy, how are you? How are those dust bunnies?

Liz, hope you are doing well.

Sammi, that whole ordeal sounds so scary, thank God your dd can and will come to you.

Bunny, hope your eyes are doing well.

Meg, hope you are surviving with dd away, sure ds is enjoying being the 'only' at home

I'm sure I have missed some people but Hi anyway, and please don't take it personally.

My arm rehab is progressing, and I guess it is doing well, but I feel it is a little slow. The physio and drs. say I am over-eager, and that it will take time. Guess they know. I don't sleep well but it is much better than it was when I first came home from hosp, and certainly in hosp. So day at a time.

Well, friends, will go and see how I manage getting some dinner ready. Can do easy things, not good at cutting veges etc but can start it all anyway.

Catch up again soon,

"Love people, not things.
Use things, not people"

Last edited by hemlynne; 09-25-2007 at 11:36 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Ellen, when you said you picked "World Gratitude Day" I scrolled back up a little and saw that it was 9/21, the very same day that Margaret left this world. I know we are all grateful for the blessing she has been to us!

Here is a little piece of the letter I sent to the person who caused trouble at the meeting. It will explain about the threatening part:
I do not care to be put in the position of having to “keep secrets.” I do not care to be threatened, as you clearly did when you looked me in the eye and said, “If you tell anyone, I WILL FIND OUT.” It is not appropriate to bully anyone in such a manner.

Lynne, I think we need to get Connie out to you to give your arm the "star massage" treatment.

DebK, you had better not be feeling guilty about taking that time off. You need to be healthy to take care of those children. The parents can deal with it.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:55 AM
Assistant Moderator

Joy, glad to hear your class is going well. Sounds like you are staying on top of the work load. That is so cool about your coffee group. It is so great to have friends like that to get together with on a regular basis.

DeBora, thank you for sending the online safety article. I have been using Vista for awhile now and actually like it. Took me awhile to get used to it though as it is very different than windows me which is what I had before. Never tried xp so not sure if you would see a difference or not. So far I haven’t had any bugs or problems but you do a lot of different things on your computer for school so maybe that would make a difference. I do hope you can find a good laptop.

Barbszy, your letter was well worded. I cannot believe someone would actually be threatening at a church meeting. That is just so inappropriate. I think you handled the situation well. I hope there is a good resolution to everything.

DebK, I am sorry you need surgery but hope you recover quickly and that everything goes ok for you. It is so good that there is no need for an abdominal incision. I have talked to my dks many times about not giving out personal info online but last night ds1 pointed out what I do on family corner. He said I give out our address for the birthday and Christmas card clubs and he is right. Hmmm, how do I justify that?? I tried explaining family corner to him but he really had me stumped. Sometimes he is just too smart for his own good! And as Barbszy said, don’t feel guilty about the time off!! You are not off having fun you are taking care of your health and that is a huge deal!!

Connie, I do hope your dd starts feeling better soon. That must be so hard on her. I hope you aren’t over doing things. Make sure you take care of you too. I am having a hard time without Margaret here too. Even though I know she would want us to go on and keep happy memories of her, I know we all still miss her terribly so it’s hard. (I need a new dishwasher too - mine is dying a slow death)

Rosey, it was great to see your post. I hope all is well with you. We miss you.

Lita, your Maxine comics were just what I needed!!! (and I could use a crème filled donut today too!) Hope things are going well with you.

Ellen, still no word from internet guy. I am hoping he is gone but we have no way of knowing really. Glad you got to have a nice lunch yesterday. Sometimes that kind of break is just what we need. I am glad things are settling down at work for you.

Lynne, I am glad to hear your arm is still progressing. I know what you mean about it going slower than you would like. I have no patience for being sick or out of commission either. But I think you have made amazing progress!!!

Today is going to be very hot and humid. The kindergarteners are wild this morning and I am feeling really tired so I will be glad when they leave for school. I need to find a quiet game to play with them. I am trying to catch up with laundry today and some other chores and need to bake cookies for the pto bake sale tonight at ds2’s open house. Ds1 has a soccer game today but I can’t make it because of open house. No word from “internet guy” which is good. I hope he is on his way back to Arizona or California. Dd has changed her email address and is going to change her cell phone number. Right now she is using my phone and I have her phone until she gets the number changed. She informed the managers at work about the situation so they are keeping their eyes open for her. So weird to think that this happened to us because you just always think those kinds of things happen to “other people”. Well I am off to bake cookies. Have a great morning everyone!

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 09-26-2007, 05:14 AM
Assistant Moderator

Lynne, a flare is what people with RA or JRA in my dd's case since she was a child when she was dx'ed. The joint feels tired, then turns red and hot, and is very sore. Jasmine has JRA in almost every joint in her body so the flare moves from one joint to the next one. It has been over a year since she has had a flare. But having a flare means we are a step further away from a remission. The good news is that if we can get into a remission before the age of 20 then there won't be any bone damage. For some reason when you have this as a child, the bones aren't damaged. So far there isn't any damage to her bones.

I know Margaret would want us to keep on going and remember her with love. I will get there. I am thankful she is not hurting anymore.

Good morning to all the gal pals here!
Old 09-26-2007, 05:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Kidsa came home with school picture proofs last night...I just can not get over how old they are starting to look!!!

Hugs Debbie
Attached Images

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 09-26-2007, 07:46 AM

Sweetnell, love your pic. Hope your dh's treatment goes well. Good that it's the last one.

Debk, great pic of your dk's. Sorry about all your health problems and that you need surgery. But glad that can be fixed. As others have said, you need to be healthy so you can take care of the dc kids. It will all turn out well.

Sammi, I hope the internet guy got put on a bus and sent home. That is all so scary. I'm glad your dd came to you and didn't try to deal with it alone. FC is a lot different than giving out info to someone you met in a chat room or on My Space, etc. Imagine it is hard for your ds to understand that.

Felicia, I hope you get good news on a house soon.

Lynne, glad your arm is coming along good. That all takes time. One day at a time.

Rosy, nice to see you back again.

Barbszy, sorry about your meeting, but it's necessary to take a stand. It will all work out.

DeBora, you are having quite a time with barking dogs, pc and so on. Things will get better.

Buck is doing good with the shoulder.
Dept. Manager is on overnights to set up mods again. But she is still able to help with frieght in the morning before she leaves. She leaves me a note telling me what she needs me to get done. From there, I'm on my own and do whatever I see needs to be taken care of.

Hi to Ellen, Joy, Meg, Lita, Connie. I hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did, I'm sorry, didn't mean too.
Attached Images

Closed Thread