Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 05:50 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I'm so sad to hear about Margaret. She seemed to know what was going to happen. I will miss her but I am happy she is no longer suffering and is with those who love her and have passed before her. So welcome home Margaret! I will miss you here.
Sueanne I was watching the news last night and was thankful that those storms didnt reach me, we had some funny lightening and a little rain but that is it. I am glad you were fine, I didnt realize we lived so close, I hope we can meet..
Felicia

Old 09-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: Melbourne, Australia, the World's most liveable city!
Girls, I also feel the loss of Margaret, she was so welcoming to we girls from Down Under, too.

I have posted on the Prayers for jrz thread a suggestion that it might be a good place to share our memories of Margaret. I feel this could be helpful to each of us as we all have our own memories of ways she touched us. This could then be passed on the her family also.

"Love people, not things.
Use things, not people"
Old 09-21-2007, 09:20 PM
Nine Year Member

I am so sad to hear about Margaret. I will miss seeing her here every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbszy
Donna, did I miss something--are you leaving your job in October or do you have some vacation time coming up?
It will be almost like vacation. I am having surgery on my right wrist for carpal tunnel. I'll have to be out of work for 4 weeks. I'm sure I'll be looney after being out of work that long. The surgery is scheduled for Oct 9th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debknechtel
Barbsy I believe donna (dev) is having carpel tunnel surgery???? or something simaliar so will be off work recovering.
Wow! How do you remember so much stuff?? I said that like 2 months ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbszy
But now that school's in, there will not be any Late Late Show around here.
That's what VCR's are for! I rarely watch my favorite shows live. Most of the time I record them and watch the recording so I can skip the commercials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi1961
Donna (dval) Wow, your ds really lucked out with nice teachers.
I warned the teachers that they have to keep him busy even if it means giving him extra to do. When he finishes early, he starts being a "chatty Charlie". He has already had his seat moved 3 times in as many weeks. I'm just worried that he won't do well with his grades and that he won't be prepared for the quantity of homework in the 7th grade. I'll have to wait to see how it goes.
(Catch that DeBora?)
Sammi, what if you made competition boy wait until last for everything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by debknechtel
Donna (dev) how awful that parents do not monitor there kids when they are playing in a dangerous area......the thing thta gets me if there was an accident quite often the parents try to blame the company for not being safe!!!
You are absolutely right! One of the first cops to come by made a point of telling my boss to post tons of the "No Tresspassing" signs. Fencing in the entire yard is not an option because we need to park so many loaded trailers all around and we are constantly moving them. Oh well, hopefully they will move before the kids get hurt. We have outlasted many tenants in that building.
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2007, 07:08 AM

Maragaret will be greatly missed. I have posted on her special prayer thread.

Hi to everyone. Have read all the posts but don't have enough time to comment. Buck is waiting for me to tie his shoes. He's doing well so far.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Wow I just logged in and I see the news about Margaret. I will miss her greatly. I thought it was so cool that she was so computer minded and willing to try new things at her age. She reminded me of my mom.
Margaret was a woman of faith as she often told us--a comforting feeling. Prayers to her family who will miss her dearly.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

i was just the other day going thru my last years christmas cards and stumbled on margarets card and wondered how she was doing. such sad news and she sure will be missed.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:31 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Lita, didn't you forget your password to FC once before and had to become and alter ego? LOL

Well, I got up this morning and made a week's worth of dog food, fried 2 pounds of bacon for sandwhiches and such, fried 2 pounds hamburger for chili, wash dishes, ordered some dog exericise fencing, and wrote a paper. I did laundry yesterday. Now, I am going to eat lunch and finish taking a break before hitting the books again. Bobby is in 2 races this weekend, so I am trying to schedule my work around them.

I am still saddened at Margaret's passing. I had a 6th Sense about it on Monday and told my DH. I told him that this was one of those times that I hoped that I was way off base about it and decided not to tell anyone here on FC about it. She will be greatly missed by so many!
Old 09-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Assistant Moderator

DeBora, I had a feeling that we were praying the 'wrong' prayers for Margaret. It wasn't fair to 'try' to keep her with us when she needed to go home. I will miss her so much!

I made three 4x batches of salsa this morning. I am tired! My youngest helped me a lot.

Dh is putting in a new bathroom light/fan. Our died this week. It has been a pain for him. The hole in the ceiling is bigger than the new fan. We had a three way, fan, light and heater before. We didn't need the heater anymore and they were $100 more than a light fan combo.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Well Bluebird.. and DeBora, I too felt that we were praying wrong, I felt selfish for wanting her to stay and so I had prayed that she wouldn't linger, she would either wake up or go home to heaven. Then I had a dream where Margaret told me she was waiting and I asked her what she was waiting for, the next day she passed. I miss her terribly and feel so sad that I only met her in my dreams and not in person as we had planned.
I am still in house hunting mode. My husband is out picking up pizza and I am unwinding from a long day at work. I sure do know a lot about magazines now so if any of you ladies have questions, please ask me.
I hope you all have a great weekend.
Felicia

Old 09-22-2007, 04:55 PM
Nine Year Member

It is hard to watch someone suffer when they are in the hospital and we keep asking for them to do more to keep them alive for us. I went through that with Mom a couple of months ago. I did not have power of attorney for health for Mom. I had to wait and the doctors too for my Sister and Brother to come to Florida with the document to make a decision. My Niece would not believe how bad she was unless she could see for herself. I think Mom held on until they were all here. She sang all night like she was ready to go. We wanted to keep her even though she was ninety four. Since then I have lost an Aunt, Uncle and my Cousin just last week. My Cousin was going to a WWII reunion that she & her husband organized each year in Oregon. She had an aortic aneurysm and was rushed in an ambulance that night during the dinner. She died the next day. I am going to have those tests done
again with the ultrasound the next time they come to town it saves lives.
Make the most of every day is the only way to live.
______
Sueanne
Attached Images

Closed Thread